Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Taking lessons from the Tards then?

no it is what these people do, Doug is a champion at doing this.  

Direct questions not answered time and time again -  

so far Joker Mouth is coming off as a leader

2 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

no it is what these people do, Doug is a champion at doing this.  

Direct questions not answered time and time again -  

so far Joker Mouth is coming off as a leader

What if she was black and you called her that?  :lol:

11 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Ya no life :lol:  

I wanted to know what our next leader would be up too........

Doug proved to be Doug as I thought he would.

Tanya is very feisty 

Its between Doug and Christine.

40 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Its between Doug and Christine.

Christine is horrible and shows as a career politician. She will do nothing. 

yesterday right after self righteously scolding Allen about windmills she then took to her twitter stating that she would get rid of them. Brutally two faced.

I was at a business association meeting tonight and a speaker was talking about Bill 148 and the impact on business’s in 2019.

Every business owner was questioning the rational behind the new regulations.

2 sick days for each employee fully paid with no note required.  Doesn’t sound like much until you have 55 employees taking 2days off each.  That’s the equivalent of one full employee wage for a year.

If you have an employee on call you have to pay a minimum of 3 hours whether they work or not.

Oh yeah there are 190 new government inspectors to monitor and enforce.  Bottom line it’s a government hiring program. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Sksman said:

I was at a business association meeting tonight and a speaker was talking about Bill 148 and the impact on business’s in 2019.

Every business owner was questioning the rational behind the new regulations.

2 sick days for each employee fully paid with no note required.  Doesn’t sound like much until you have 55 employees taking 2days off each.  That’s the equivalent of one full employee wage for a year.

If you have an employee on call you have to pay a minimum of 3 hours whether they work or not.

Oh yeah there are 190 new government inspectors to monitor and enforce.  Bottom line it’s a government hiring program. 

no it isn't - what do you do now when someone calls in SICK? hire a replacement? :dunno:  if so you have an argument.

if you don't hire a replacement the books don't change :dunno:  

what is the criteria for this benefit?  

10 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

no it isn't - what do you do now when someone calls in SICK? hire a replacement? :dunno:  if so you have an argument.

Well Fail you try to do the math.

55 people x 2 days per person = 110 days of wages   Okay so over half a persons salary.

Add in the part timers and office staff also.  It adds up quickly.  

Point is union hourly paid employees can now call in sick and take 2 fully paid sick days per year.  Previously your off you do not get paid. It greatly impacts smaller or larger businesses.

Failmaker is used to tit sucker paid sick days of the public sector.  Doesn’t happen in the real world.

Edited by Sksman

10 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

There is no criteria.  Every employee entitled to 2 paid sick days per year by law.

And it’s per company they work for.  Labourer works for 3 weeks for a landscaper and they are entitled to 2 paid sick days off no note required.

That worker takes his 2 days paid then quits following week and starts at a new company and they are again entitled to 2 paid sick days no note.

They can work unlimited number of companies and get 2 paid days off.

I believe they are allowed after 1 week of work.

Also part time entitled to stat holiday.  If you have a worker in 1 day a week they are to be paid for any stat holidays.  So technically someone working 4 or 5 part time jobs could be paid 5 times for a stat holiday.  Say it’s a bookkeeper who works for 5 different companies?

3 minutes ago, Sksman said:

There is no criteria.  Every employee entitled to 2 paid sick days per year by law.

And it’s per company they work for.  Labourer works for 3 weeks for a landscaper and they are entitled to 2 paid sick days off no note required.

That worker takes his 2 days paid then quits following week and starts at a new company and they are again entitled to 2 paid sick days no note.

Also part time entitled to stat holiday.  If you have a worker in 1 day a week they are to be paid for any stat holidays.  So technically someone working 4 or 5 part time jobs could be paid 5 times for a stat holiday.  Say it’s a bookkeeper who works for 5 different companies?

Pretty sure the guy working 5 part time jobs is considered on contract and the bookkeeper is self employed.  

But I like the theory.

11 hours ago, Sksman said:

55 people x 2 days per person = 110 days of wages   Okay so over half a persons salary.

Point is union hourly paid employees can now call in sick and take 2 fully paid sick days per year.  Previously your off you do not get paid. It greatly impacts smaller or larger businesses.

Failmaker is used to tit sucker paid sick days of the public sector.  Doesn’t happen in the real world.

There'll be an increase in the sunshine flu this spring... sun is shining and I'm going to use one of my two days to play golf because I get paid for it. I'll be back in tomorrow though with a bit of a red face from the sun and feeling fine. If I didn't get paid for the day... I'd think real hard about how badly I wanted to play golf that day or go into work.

For the small business with say 8 employees, having 2 of them (25% of the work force) off is a big impact to productivity and the ability to do the days work.

13 hours ago, Sksman said:

like I said if you have to replace the person that is an added  cost.

not everyone uses their sick time, I know I don't

BOLD - IT DOES NOW 

5 hours ago, Sksman said:

I like your example - it won't work out for the employee down the road as he won't get hired with his employment record, but it would be good while it lasts 

I think if you have a good employee that works hard year after year, paying them a day off shouldn't be too much of an issue 

If the job is shit or the boss is a cunt, chances are employees will take what they can get