Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

Listening to the T.O. whiners hoping for warm weather got me thinking. Put a dome/bubble over the place & the rest of us can have winter.

Everyone is supposedly concerned about climate change/Global Warming, but act like they wouldn't mind winters that consisted of steady rain and temps in the teens.

5 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Listening to the T.O. whiners hoping for warm weather got me thinking. Put a dome/bubble over the place & the rest of us can have winter.

Everyone is supposedly concerned about climate change/Global Warming, but act like they wouldn't mind winters that consisted of steady rain and temps in the teens.

just the flavour of the day, in the summer its about how fucking hot it is.  Same questions to the same people

Canadian's do like to talk about the weather since it changes so dramatically, its like no other place on earth specially Toronto and Southern  Ontario.  

Where else do you get temp swings of 40'c in one day :dunno:   

No but any of us that are winter enthusiasts are pretty much sick of this on the 6 PM news:

"Hey Bob when will the temps hit 10 degrees?" (In February).

"Well Sue we'll be at 9 degrees on Friday just in time for the weekend!"

Fuck off and die!

20 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

just the flavour of the day, in the summer its about how fucking hot it is.  Same questions to the same people

Canadian's do like to talk about the weather since it changes so dramatically, its like no other place on earth specially Toronto and Southern  Ontario.  

Calgary dipshit!

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

Calgary dipshit!

Although they do have clippers, so do we :dunno: 

There is no place like Ontario for swing temps daily and yearly 

check some weather stats out - pretty sure  you will find the Praise through Alberta is common temps most of the time

13 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Calgary... start the morning in jeans and a t-shirt. In the afternoon you have your Canada Goose coat on. Those Chinook winds coming down out of the rockies can make huge temperature swings.

6 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Wynne says its OK because it happened a long time ago & he was never a minister in her Cabinet.

so her ignoring it is okay if the person isn't a cabinet minister and it didn't come up recently....

• Like 1

Seabiscuit was on CP24, speaking after addressing the auto show. She accuses the 3 main PC leadership candidates as being out of touch. They've never had to struggle.

She told of being @ a town hall & despite all the freebies the Liberals have shovelled to people, Ontarians are still struggling. (I guess that means there is still more work to do, so re-elect me in June). Too bad she wasn't asked about all the job losses in Jan'.

She was asked of her thoughts that even w/ the turmoil in the PC camp, they are still polling ahead of the Liberals. She said she'd just leave that to the pundits.

58 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Seabiscuit was on CP24, speaking after addressing the auto show. She accuses the 3 main PC leadership candidates as being out of touch. They've never had to struggle.

She told of being @ a town hall & despite all the freebies the Liberals have shovelled to people, Ontarians are still struggling. (I guess that means there is still more work to do, so re-elect me in June). Too bad she wasn't asked about all the job losses in Jan'.

She was asked of her thoughts that even w/ the turmoil in the PC camp, they are still polling ahead of the Liberals. She said she'd just leave that to the pundits.

when has Wynnebag ever had to struggle...

3 minutes ago, 02sled said:

when has Wynnebag ever had to struggle...

But she 'understands' what it's like for average Ontarians who struggle on a daily basis to put food on the table & make ends meet.

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

But she 'understands' what it's like for average Ontarians who struggle on a daily basis to put food on the table & make ends meet.

something like Trudope understands the struggles of an immigrant because his great grandfather was an immigrant

I struggle to put gas in the sleds... well not actually this year but perhaps in a heavy snow year.... does she understand

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

something like Trudope understands the struggles of an immigrant because his great grandfather was an immigrant

I struggle to put gas in the sleds... well not actually this year but perhaps in a heavy snow year.... does she understand

If I ever see her or the 'thing' she's married to XC skiing on E107, I'll make sure I run them over.

Edited by revrnd

20 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

JUst take it slow, remove the gas cap and place in a safe spot.  Slow that the nozzle from the gas pump and put that in the hole were the gas cap was.   Got it so far? :lol:  

good one....

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

JUst take it slow, remove the gas cap and place in a safe spot.  Slow that the nozzle from the gas pump and put that in the hole were the gas cap was.   Got it so far? :lol:  

You can thank Premier Dad for the removal of nozzle 'catches' @ the pumps. I bet he struggled filling up a vehicle.

25 minutes ago, revrnd said:

You can thank Premier Dad for the removal of nozzle 'catches' @ the pumps. I bet he struggled filling up a vehicle.

what was the rationale for that one...

I know of one station that tends to put them back on from time to time, particularly in the winter months

Instead you see people that wedge the nozzle with their gas cap and I know of one person that made their own wedge from a block of plastic with a groove at the top and bottom that fits the handle of the nozzle.

There's something for Dragon's Den... sell a gas nozzle widget wedge. I'd buy one.

How many votes would someone pick up on promising to do away with that stupidity alone.

Edited by 02sled
  • Haha 1

I guess Fail is in the wrong job... He should be teaching all these restaurant and business owners how to just absorb the increased costs forced on them by Wynnebag. Either that or they just didn't get his memo about how it won't have any impact.

http://business.financialpost.com/news/retail-marketing/minimum-wage-hike-lifts-ontario-restaurant-prices-most-since-91

Ontario hasn’t seen a jump in restaurant prices this big since GST came in 27 years ago

Many restaurants across the province, spanning from small mom-and-pop shops to larger chains, raised prices on some or all of their menu items around the date the new minimum wage rates came into effect to help offset increased labour costs.

But it’s not only eateries in the province that seem to be raising prices in light of these additional expenses.

Ontario outpaced inflation in other provinces and territories for other categories as well.

Child-care and housekeeping services in Ontario, for example, increased 9.9 per cent in January compared with the same month the previous year, according to Statistics Canada, while Canada-wide that service increased 5.8 per cent. The agency said that coincided with the legislated minimum wage increase.

$243,889.10 PER YEAR - THIS IS HOW MUCH THE WAGE HIKE IS EXPECTED TO IMPACT THE AVERAGE TIM HORTONS FRANCHISEE.

http://business.financialpost.com/opinion/jack-mintz-sorry-ontarians-wynnes-wage-hike-is-going-to-penalize-you-all

Sorry, Ontarians. Wynne’s wage hike is going to penalize you all

Now consider that Ontario’s median employee earnings for someone who slogged for years to gain an apprenticeship in a skilled trade are $37,000 (including non-pension benefits), which is about $18 per hour. That’s not drastically higher than the 2019 minimum wage before benefits. So, if someone with little education is getting $15 per hour plus some benefits, why would workers bother putting in the time and effort to get a better-skilled apprenticeship? Meanwhile, the workers who will be increasingly shut out of minimum-wage jobs will be those who bring the lowest skill value, including youths and immigrants.

http://business.financialpost.com/opinion/lawrence-solomon-whos-helping-more-people-kathleen-wynne-or-trump-hint-its-not-wynne

Who’s helping more people, Kathleen Wynne or Trump? (Hint: it’s not Wynne)

The experiment on how to best help the economy — and especially those in greatest need — has been running in real time in jurisdictions across the U.S. and Canada. In Kathleen Wynne’s Ontario, where the fallout from the January 1st minimum-wage increase to $14 an hour is just beginning, the results are mixed. While low-wage workers are nabbing a hefty pay hike, consumers are seeing price hikes as employers try to recover their increased labour costs. Businesses unable to raise prices have begun shutting their doors. And workers are having their hours shortened or their wage hike clawed back by employers cutting benefits or requiring staff to pay for their uniforms.

The small-government part of the experiment, in the laboratory run by President Donald Trump and Co., is producing opposite results. Even before he signed into law one of the biggest corporate tax cuts in U.S. history, his slashing of regulations unchained the private sector, spurring it to invest in expansion. The hiring that resulted raised median wages, which had been stagnant for four decades, and cut the unemployment rate to the lowest levels in 17 years.