Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

3 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I will stick with this guy is an angry fool, posting anti Liberal BS in his store,  bringing politics into his store.  More than likely his business is failing due to these  poor business practices.  

Do you know how many of these store types are around our province?  :lol:  do you know how many close or don't close during the winter?  

Any store with Political posters in their window wouldn't be getting my business 

Keeping politics out of business is wise.

50 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol:  you just posted about all up north raising prices exactly 22.8% across the board, now all of a sudden the situation changes and this place has no labour expenses 

so your hero that is closing his General Store doesn't have supply and demand issues, its the new wages :lmao:   

holy fuck 

Dumb as a stump continues... the one thing about you is your stupidity is consistent. I referred to the motels and hotels in a medium size town raising their lowest room rates. The operators aren't on site residents. They all have employees and far more rooms likely being used more frequently than the whopping 8 cottages you used as an example where the operators would also be resident on the property. They may have an employee or two during the summer months for those 8 cottages but I doubt it. Not for something that small.

:lol:And yet more stupidity from you... of course he has supply and demand to deal with however in past years it would seem that even in diminished winter demand for a cottage country store he has been profitable enough to remain open. Now with the increased overhead he has crossed the threshold where it doesn't make sense to stay open. Really tough to operate a business at a loss isn't it. OOOPS you don't understand that concept, profit / loss.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

No, you can't win an arguement with a customer.

I haven't been up north in awhile, can't wait to go to Home Hardware.  Owner is a great person, hires so many staff its insane, store is small and he has atleast 10 working the floor.  he could do it with 2 easily.  Small town proud - I bet he still has all his employees 

There is like an employee in every isle - crazy compared to the huge Home Hardware here that employees maybe 10 in a store 20 times the size

15 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I will stick with this guy is an angry fool, posting anti Liberal BS in his store,  bringing politics into his store.  More than likely his business is failing due to these  poor business practices.  

Do you know how many of these store types are around our province?  :lol:  do you know how many close or don't close during the winter?  

Any store with Political posters in their window wouldn't be getting my business 

:lol: Not my fault you're an idiot. Lots of businesses, particularly in small towns will have signs up supporting a candidate during an election in particular. I guess you should pay attention and be sure to build that sizeable list of all the places you won't go. But then you avoid legitimate businesses anyhow in favour of the guy who works out of his basement or garage and saves both you and him on taxes.

14 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

according to 02sled its good for business

more :bullshit: from your imagination.... but hey... let's get all those unions with their media ads during an election to stop.... I guess you don't have a problem with a union promoting a political party or candidate do you hypocrite

4 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Dumb as a stump continues... the one thing about you is your stupidity is consistent. I referred to the motels and hotels in a medium size town raising their lowest room rates. The operators aren't on site residents. They all have employees and far more rooms likely being used more frequently than the whopping 8 cottages you used as an example where the operators would also be resident on the property. They may have an employee or two during the summer months for those 8 cottages but I doubt it. Not for something that small.

:lol:And yet more stupidity from you... of course he has supply and demand to deal with however in past years it would seem that even in diminished winter demand for a cottage country store he has been profitable enough to remain open. Now with the increased overhead he has crossed the threshold where it doesn't make sense to stay open. Really tough to operate a business at a loss isn't it. OOOPS you don't understand that concept, profit / loss.

neither of us know this guy we only know he is a Activist against the Liberals as he stated himself.

I bet his business has been dying a slow death for years because he is a dumb ass angry man.  We all knew this increase was coming over a year ago, he didn't do a dam thing other than hang posters of Wynne in his store.  :lmao:  

We hear of poor businesses going under all the time, sledders report this often. 

:lol: Not my fault you're an idiot. Lots of businesses, particularly in small towns will have signs up supporting a candidate during an election in particular. I guess you should pay attention and be sure to build that sizeable list of all the places you won't go. But then you avoid legitimate businesses anyhow in favour of the guy who works out of his basement or garage and saves both you and him on taxes.

any store putting up political signs isn't doing his/her business any good period.

99% vote conservative, this isn't new and most people are aware of this except you.

FUCK YOU LIBERALS - great window sign to bring in business 

5 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I haven't been up north in awhile, can't wait to go to Home Hardware.  Owner is a great person, hires so many staff its insane, store is small and he has atleast 10 working the floor.  he could do it with 2 easily.  Small town proud - I bet he still has all his employees 

There is like an employee in every isle - crazy compared to the huge Home Hardware here that employees maybe 10 in a store 20 times the size

And ask him a few key things... he likely wouldn't give you an answer

does he own the building or pay rent - big factor in a lot of these small town stores

what's his revenue versus opex

what are his profit margins

:lol:Now you want to compare a small general store or a Tims to a Home Hardware.

more :bullshit: from your imagination.... but hey... let's get all those unions with their media ads during an election to stop.... I guess you don't have a problem with a union promoting a political party or candidate do you hypocrite

I have no problem with anyone supporting their party :dunno:  

5 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

neither of us know this guy we only know he is a Activist against the Liberals as he stated himself.

I bet his business has been dying a slow death for years because he is a dumb ass angry man.  We all knew this increase was coming over a year ago, he didn't do a dam thing other than hang posters of Wynne in his store.  :lmao:  

We hear of poor businesses going under all the time, sledders report this often. 

and lots of those going under are thanks to government laws/ regulations.

Something you may connect with....small town gas stations disappearing. Biggest reason, they can't afford to keep up with TSSA baloney. Double wall tanks with leak detection between the walls. No leaks from the inner wall to the space between but TSSA says you have to replace the tanks based on age and nothing else.

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

And ask him a few key things... he likely wouldn't give you an answer

does he own the building or pay rent - big factor in a lot of these small town stores

what's his revenue versus opex

what are his profit margins

:lol:Now you want to compare a small general store or a Tims to a Home Hardware.

The Man is great, he employees a good percent of the community.  He doesn't have too but does.  

He just bought the Rona store and opened a secondary Home Hardware to sell wood and other products.

Brilliant business man

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I have no problem with anyone supporting their party :dunno:  

You just said that business owners shouldn't be putting up signs in their business based on their beliefs but it's okay for a union to saturate the media... :lol:

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

and lots of those going under are thanks to government laws/ regulations.

Something you may connect with....small town gas stations disappearing. Biggest reason, they can't afford to keep up with TSSA baloney. Double wall tanks with leak detection between the walls. No leaks from the inner wall to the space between but TSSA says you have to replace the tanks based on age and nothing else.

dude have you seen some of these old fill up stations?  yea I am okay with regulations stopping fuel from leaking into the ground.  

You are fine with gasoline leaking in the lakes, fuck regulations - gas stations should be on the honour list 

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

You just said that business owners shouldn't be putting up signs in their business based on their beliefs but it's okay for a union to saturate the media... :lol:

again what does a commercial have to do with signs in a store?

He can put up a sign on his lawn - no need to chase and ban Liberals from entering your building ( which this guy has done)  

Keep cheering moron owners 

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

again what does a commercial have to do with signs in a store?

He can put up a sign on his lawn - no need to chase and ban Liberals from entering your building ( which this guy has done)  

Keep cheering moron owners 

Oh so wrong Fail... he has banned ONE person from his store.

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Oh so wrong Fail... he has banned ONE person from his store.

:lol:  yup all other fucking asshole liberals voters are welcome, but just buy something and leave I can't stand your voting ass :lol:  

LIBERAL VOTERS ARE STUPID - great to bring in new business 

3 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol:  yup all other fucking asshole liberals voters are welcome, but just buy something and leave I can't stand your voting ass :lol:  

LIBERAL VOTERS ARE STUPID - great to bring in new business 

You join? :lol:

http://torontosun.com/news/provincial/ontario-pc-membership-jumps-1500-in-run-up-to-provincial-election

21 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

:lol:  wow THE SUN can really blow cock

I would never join a Political Party, clearly that is  for ONEWAYS

I haven't heard much from Brown and this mile long article lays out nothing of a plan :dunno:  what is our new leaders plan?

• A 22.5 per cent tax cut for the middle class.
  • A 75 per cent refund of child care costs.
  • 12 per cent more off hydro bills.
  • $1.9 billion in new funding for mental health, what the PCs call the largest such commitment by any province.
  • Ontario's first Trust, Accountability and Integrity Act. 
  •  PC government running a deficit of $2.8 billion in 2018-19
  •  $5 billion in new funding for building subways in Toronto
  • $500 tax credit for drivers buying winter tires. 

The tax cuts are primarily funded by cancelling the Liberal government's cap and trade program, which imposes fees on businesses for emitting greenhouse gases, and replacing it with a carbon tax on consumers that satisfies the federal government's climate change mandate. The PCs promise to refund all the carbon tax revenue in income tax cuts

Keep giving 

7 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Hey Fail,

Sobeys in Milton has reduced their hours from open 24hours to closing at 12pm and opening at 8am I believe.

Why do you think?

I heard labour costs so shutdown unprofitable nights. 

wal-mart did that a few years ago here

Foodland did that a few years ago here

24hr will only work in some areas and not forever either - I doubt wages has anything to do with it.  there will still be cleaning crews working and shelf facers

If no one is buying at 4am why be open