Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

46 minutes ago, Pt3189 said:

I did see that . I love it when Chex does their “man on the street “interviews.There are some real intellectual types roaming around downtown ptbo in the middle of a work day.

LMAO!

A friend and I have said the same thing! I told them they must be night shift employees @ Lester Awnings out & about before their shift starts :lol:

Edited by revrnd

http://business.financialpost.com/opinion/kathleen-wynne-just-stuck-ontario-restaurateurs-with-a-1-8-billion-tab-so-whos-paying

Ontario restaurateurs operate with razor-thin margins, on average just 3.4 per cent, which is the lowest in Canada. These cost increases will push many restaurateurs to the brink

While most Ontarians rang in 2018 with hope and optimism, small businesses are scrambling to keep the lights on. Ontario restaurants have to pay the highest rents in the country; skyrocketing hydro rates; relentless liquor mark-ups; and the costs of inter-provincial trade barriers that make no sense.

Ontario with Bill 148, which has now dramatically raised the minimum wage while imposing a myriad of costly new regulations on Ontario’s employers. That message: Small businesses will pay for the Wynne government’s social agenda. Now the government is vilifying business owners by announcing that it’s adding 175 new enforcement officers to police small businesses throughout the province. There’s also a new “hotline” to report on employers. This comes on top of tough talk from the minister of labour, who issued a stern warning that business owners should not contravene the “spirit of the legislation.”

The Wynne government has so wilfully enacted legislation that will cost tens of thousands of jobs and hurt the same people they so desperately want to help. The increase in minimum wage will be meaningless to an employee if his or her employer ends up having to close its doors after facing a mountain of new costs.

This small town small business owner is totally wrong... Fail says so. He should just eat the losses.

Port Albert General Store To Close For Winter

http://www.bayshorebroadcasting.ca/news_item.php?NewsID=98060

Buchanan says the increase in the minimum wage is only part of the reason he has to suspend operation of the store.

He contends that the 20 per-cent minimum wage hike by 2019 is an inducement for Ontarians to vote Liberal in next year's election, and a bid for union support in the campaign.

Buchanan says the announcement that non-LCBO alcohol sales are restricted to large grocery stores, is also dealing a blow to small businesses like the Port Albert General Store.

Because of the minimum wage hike and not being able to sell alcohol, he's revising his business model which calls for fewer staff when the store re-opens.

The Port Albert General Store closes on December 16th, and will reopen on April 26th.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

This small town small business owner is totally wrong... Fail says so. He should just eat the losses.

Port Albert General Store To Close For Winter

http://www.bayshorebroadcasting.ca/news_item.php?NewsID=98060

Buchanan says the increase in the minimum wage is only part of the reason he has to suspend operation of the store.

He contends that the 20 per-cent minimum wage hike by 2019 is an inducement for Ontarians to vote Liberal in next year's election, and a bid for union support in the campaign.

Buchanan says the announcement that non-LCBO alcohol sales are restricted to large grocery stores, is also dealing a blow to small businesses like the Port Albert General Store.

Because of the minimum wage hike and not being able to sell alcohol, he's revising his business model which calls for fewer staff when the store re-opens.

The Port Albert General Store closes on December 16th, and will reopen on April 26th.

:lol:  go back and read what I have said

by the way this guy has issues and looking to blame anyone 

Steve Buchanan is an outspoken critic of the Liberals, and has banned Deputy Premier Deb Matthews from entering his business when it reopens in the spring.

Why didn't he complain about not being able to sell POT too :dunno:   

He is closing for the winter because no one is buying from his store, end of story 

Tough go these general stores 

14 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Steve Buchanan is an outspoken critic of the Liberals, and has banned Deputy Premier Deb Matthews from entering his business when it reopens in the spring.

He is closing for the winter because no one is buying from his store, end of story 

Dumb as a stump continues... small cottage country places struggle in winter at best when their customer base disappears until spring. Province won't let him sell alcohol like a lot of small town stores used to be able to but now it's in Loblaws etc. The new minimum wage and the other expenses that are part of the bill means he loses money during the winter. Rather than lose money he closes. Just like lots of other small businesses will be forced to do. Many of them permanently.

The Fiberals have no respect for the small business person and keeps hammering more and more nails in the coffins. I'd ban the Fiberal from my store too. They make it hard for me to survive I push back.

Of course you skipped by the fact filled article about the hardships restaurants are facing. You can't spin or deflect it to suit your agenda.

Your stupidity takes care of my comic relief for the day. You are entertaining for sure.

Edited by 02sled

18 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

How have Wynnebag's policies helped small bus exactly?

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Dumb as a stump continues... small cottage country places struggle in winter at best when their customer base disappears until spring. Province won't let him sell alcohol like a lot of small town stores used to be able to but now it's in Loblaws etc. The new minimum wage and the other expenses that are part of the bill means he loses money during the winter. Rather than lose money he closes. Just like lots of other small businesses will be forced to do. Many of them permanently.

The Fiberals have no respect for the small business person and keeps hammering more and more nails in the coffins. I'd ban the Fiberal from my store too. They make it hard for me to survive I push back.

When you post political posters and ban certain political party's while running a business is never a good thing.  He is basically telling anyone that voted Liberal to not shop at his store.  Just think how many overpaid summer off Teachers own cottages in his area :lol:  

His actions are poor business practices and is seeing the results it looks like.  I bet when you enter his store and he starts in on Wynne, Trudeau, ect bashing them and pointing to his wanted posters in the window

How is closing for the winter solving his issues :dunno:  

21 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Of course you skipped by the fact filled article about the hardships restaurants are facing. You can't spin or deflect it to suit your agenda.

Your stupidity takes care of my comic relief for the day. You are entertaining for sure.

The Rock Pine just announced it will open the restaurant 7 days a week again 

Although you said it wasn't possible :lol:   

Timmies Corporate made some pricing adjustments today. It did not get as much media attention as the protesters . There will be more adjustments and they will be kept quiet as well.

1 hour ago, Pt3189 said:

Timmies Corporate made some pricing adjustments today. It did not get as much media attention as the protesters . There will be more adjustments and they will be kept quiet as well.

its on every network and in every newspaper except THE SUN can find anything about it, lots on those nasty protesters though 

how can you cover these news stories in the same way :dunno:   

do you see this as bias in some strange way?

It Tims adds a nickle to anything its in the news everytime

15 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

When you post political posters and ban certain political party's while running a business is never a good thing.  He is basically telling anyone that voted Liberal to not shop at his store.  Just think how many overpaid summer off Teachers own cottages in his area :lol:  

His actions are poor business practices and is seeing the results it looks like.  I bet when you enter his store and he starts in on Wynne, Trudeau, ect bashing them and pointing to his wanted posters in the window

How is closing for the winter solving his issues :dunno:  

Still stupid I see... As usual you haven't the slightest clue about the concept of making a profit. Closing for the winter reduces his losses. His operating expense is reduced. Lower hydro, lower payroll, not having to pay the $14 / hr for people that work there plus all the additional things like the paid personal days and other expenses in the bill.

Lots of focus on the $14/hr 22.8% increase which overshadows all the new paid time off plus additional vacation time the small business owner now has to pay for. Instead of losing maybe $400 a week during the winter with all the new costs he may only lose $100 a week when closed.

As usual you're imagination is in overdrive. A lot of my wife's friends are teachers.... surprise Fail... most of them think Wynnebag is a horses ass liar.

Edited by 02sled
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

How have Wynnebag's policies helped small bus exactly?

hmmmm

We are waiting Fail... is that the best you can come up with. A :bullshit:  hmmmm.

Virtually all of Wynnebag's policies have essentially made it tougher for business to operate and survive in Ontario... c'mon.... just give us one where the liar has done something that improves the environment for business owners. Just one.

The Rock Pine just announced it will open the restaurant 7 days a week again 

Although you said it wasn't possible :lol:   

:lol::lol::lol:More from your over active imagination. What I said was small business in cottage country struggles during the winter months. Think about this for just a minute.... maybe much longer for you to figure it out. The summer season ends and they partially shut down in the fall. Then suddenly there is a bunch of demand from snowmobilers with all the early snow and great conditions. Supply and demand, they open up to take advantage of the demand. Let's see what happens with all the melt down everybody experienced the last few days with trails closed.

This is also a piss poor example Fail. Rental cottages have essentially the same overhead open or closed unless they shut down completely for the winter and haven't any heating expense at all. Otherwise they provide minimum heat through the winter and only see expenses go up when a customer shows up. All 8 cottages. You want to bet that the operators live there year round and don't have any labour expense either.

13 hours ago, Pt3189 said:

One of the lame ass protestors, who obviously doesn't have a job other than being a professional protestor showed up at multiple locations. Apparently the protestors didn't slow down the flow of customers going into the Timmies.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

Still stupid I see... As usual you haven't the slightest clue about the concept of making a profit. Closing for the winter reduces his losses. His operating expense is reduced. Lower hydro, lower payroll, not having to pay the $14 / hr for people that work there plus all the additional things like the paid personal days and other expenses in the bill.

Lots of focus on the $14/hr 22.8% increase which overshadows all the new paid time off plus additional vacation time the small business owner now has to pay for. Instead of losing maybe $400 a week during the winter with all the new costs he may only lose $100 a week when closed.

As usual you're imagination is in overdrive. A lot of my wife's friends are teachers.... surprise Fail... most of them think Wynnebag is a horses ass liar.

:lol:  if only he could pay 11$ an hour, he would stay open and sell lots of stuff

52 minutes ago, 02sled said:

:lol::lol::lol:More from your over active imagination. What I said was small business in cottage country struggles during the winter months. Think about this for just a minute.... maybe much longer for you to figure it out. The summer season ends and they partially shut down in the fall. Then suddenly there is a bunch of demand from snowmobilers with all the early snow and great conditions. Supply and demand, they open up to take advantage of the demand. Let's see what happens with all the melt down everybody experienced the last few days with trails closed.

This is also a piss poor example Fail. Rental cottages have essentially the same overhead open or closed unless they shut down completely for the winter and haven't any heating expense at all. Otherwise they provide minimum heat through the winter and only see expenses go up when a customer shows up. All 8 cottages. You want to bet that the operators live there year round and don't have any labour expense either.

:lol:  you just posted about all up north raising prices exactly 22.8% across the board, now all of a sudden the situation changes and this place has no labour expenses 

so your hero that is closing his General Store doesn't have supply and demand issues, its the new wages :lmao:   

holy fuck 

55 minutes ago, 02sled said:

One of the lame ass protestors, who obviously doesn't have a job other than being a professional protestor showed up at multiple locations. Apparently the protestors didn't slow down the flow of customers going into the Timmies.

That would be illegal 

51 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol:  if only he could pay 11$ an hour, he would stay open and sell lots of stuff

The moronic stupidity continues. Your dumbness knows no bounds. I would never expect you to grasp the concept of being in business to make a profit. You think that maybe just maybe the increased overhead may have pushed him over the threshold from making a small profit to actually operating at a loss. Typical government person who lives in isolation from the real world. :nuts2:

46 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

That would be illegal 

The point is that all their protesting BS didn't impact their business. Unlike your unionistic belief that their business would suffer significantly.

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol:  you just posted about all up north raising prices exactly 22.8% across the board, now all of a sudden the situation changes and this place has no labour expenses 

so your hero that is closing his General Store doesn't have supply and demand issues, its the new wages :lmao:   

holy fuck 

At some point some just say fuck it.

19 minutes ago, 02sled said:

The moronic stupidity continues. Your dumbness knows no bounds. I would never expect you to grasp the concept of being in business to make a profit. You think that maybe just maybe the increased overhead may have pushed him over the threshold from making a small profit to actually operating at a loss. Typical government person who lives in isolation from the real world. :nuts2:

I will stick with this guy is an angry fool, posting anti Liberal BS in his store,  bringing politics into his store.  More than likely his business is failing due to these  poor business practices.  

Do you know how many of these store types are around our province?  :lol:  do you know how many close or don't close during the winter?  

Any store with Political posters in their window wouldn't be getting my business