Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

3 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

some areas didn't get snow last night @ -26c, it was bad out.  Roads get packed from drivers  - road is done until a rise in temp or lots of sunshine

all the concession here are icy, even barrie main streets are icy 

Like I said salt doesn't work at these temps

Looks like OT for the recycling guy, he just picked up ours from Wednesday - he is earning his pay today 

I know all about salt not working at -26, that is why they use sand further north.  

Was there snow last night?  They said roads were covered to Vaughan, we got off at Dunlop and took 27 down, we had zero snow since wed.

3 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

lol pencil pushers don't understand all the works of an industry, they look at numbers only.and have never been in the field

The very notion that some pencil neck coming down from Finance department telling the workers how to do a better job is laughable at best 

Are you saying Hydro systems are not complex?  

Your stupidity continues as usual... are you suggesting that a community lawyer / career politician has a better understanding of the complexities of hydro than the Auditor General who actually worked for Manitoba Hydro. Don't forget what she is scrutinizing.... the FINANCIAL ASPECTS OF ONTARIO HYDRO.... THAT IS DEFINITELY HER AREA OF EXPERTISE.

Stupid stupid Fail strikes again... she didn't tell the workers how to do a better job. Her report is on financial mismanagement.

Never said it isn't complex but I will still maintain she is far better qualified to understand the complexities of Hydro than Chiarelli could ever possibly be.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I know all about salt not working at -26, that is why they use sand further north.  

Was there snow last night?  They said roads were covered to Vaughan, we got off at Dunlop and took 27 down, we had zero snow since wed.

It was blizzard like driving for a couple of hours, light snow plows across the road, hot tires melt it.  

You city folk :lol:  

3 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

lol pencil pushers don't understand all the works of an industry, they look at numbers only.and have never been in the field

The very notion that some pencil neck coming down from Finance department telling the workers how to do a better job is laughable at best 

Are you saying Hydro systems are not complex?  

Pencil pushers . . . lol.

3 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Your stupidity continues as usual... are you suggesting that a community lawyer / career politician has a better understanding of the complexities of hydro than the Auditor General who actually worked for Manitoba Hydro. Don't forget what she is scrutinizing.... the FINANCIAL ASPECTS OF ONTARIO HYDRO.... THAT IS DEFINITELY HER AREA OF EXPERTISE.

Stupid stupid Fail strikes again... she didn't tell the workers how to do a better job. Her report is on financial mismanagement.

Never said it isn't complex but I will still maintain she is far better qualified to understand the complexities of Hydro than Chiarelli could ever possibly be.

Do you honestly think the Minister actually runs Hydro?  :lol:   

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

It was blizzard like driving for a couple of hours, light snow plows across the road, hot tires melt it.  

You city folk :lol:  

I drove back from Parry Sound, it was all good until Dunlop.:lol:

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

who said these guys are overpaid 10 fold :dunno:   That wasn't the topic 

Yes she understands numbers, that doesn't mean she understands the entire Hydro system.  Going back to the comment from the Minister, I think he or any of them could challenge her on many fronts.

Pencil pushers all have the same agenda, this isn't  new 

a kwh was 4.8 cents in 2000 today off peak is 6.5 - that seems normal increase, but the PEAK hours are what is insane.  I would be happy to get rid of the new meters 

Hmmm.... selective again to suit your agenda as usual I see.... key points. If a kwh was $0.048 in 2000 I believe that was before time of use considering in May 2006 it was $0.035 off peak. Today is indeed $0.065 off peak however mid is $0.095 and peak is $0.132

If you really want a rationale comparison look at the mid and peak rates which is really when people are actually using electricity. Then there's all those complexities that you refer to. Delivery charge, the previous debt retirement charge that the province kept collecting until someone pointed out that debt should have been paid long ago.

https://www.oeb.ca/rates-and-your-bill/electricity-rates/historical-electricity-rates

Real life numbers....

In 2016 my costs were 2.3 times higher than they were in 2009. Not 2000 but 2009....  2016 overall average cost per kwh covering off peak, mid, and peak, including all taxes, delivery charges, 8% rebate etc. was $0.25 / kwh. A long long way from $0.048. You really need to look at it more like the auditor would than the politician would.

Edited by 02sled

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

didn't see it

lots of roads around here are iced up, and you do know salt doesn't work at these temps :dunno: 

lol you complaining about contracted workers :lol:  

Don't they perform to the service levels of the contract and doesn't the government spell out clearly their requirements in the contract. If it isn't clear it's a bad contract. It does appear at times that the service levels in the contracts vary significantly from one jurisdiction to another with clearly visible differences in conditions from one to another. It's often like there is a line drawn on the road... one side of the line is great the other side horrible.

41 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Do you honestly think the Minister actually runs Hydro?  :lol:   

More from your imagination.... he claims it is too complex for the auditor general to understand. We are talking financials here Fail, not the guy working on transformers. I would expect that the Minister who is responsible for the Hydro organization understand the financial management of Hydro and their business model.

My former CEO of a global company understands the financials of each division, their profits, losses and got a regular review from the VP of each division. I guarantee he understood the complexities of each division financially.

Edited by 02sled

32 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Hmmm.... selective again to suit your agenda as usual I see.... key points. If a kwh was $0.048 in 2000 I believe that was before time of use considering in May 2006 it was $0.035 off peak. Today is indeed $0.065 off peak however mid is $0.095 and peak is $0.132

If you really want a rationale comparison look at the mid and peak rates which is really when people are actually using electricity. Then there's all those complexities that you refer to. Delivery charge, the previous debt retirement charge that the province kept collecting until someone pointed out that debt should have been paid long ago.

https://www.oeb.ca/rates-and-your-bill/electricity-rates/historical-electricity-rates

Real life numbers....

In 2016 my costs were 2.3 times higher than they were in 2009. Not 2000 but 2009....  2016 overall average cost per kwh covering off peak, mid, and peak, including all taxes, delivery charges, 8% rebate etc. was $0.25 / kwh. A long long way from $0.048. You really need to look at it more like the auditor would than the politician would.

what? 

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

what? 

More lack of comprehension from Fail as usual... What part don't you understand about real world numbers...

Although I used less electricity in 2016 than I did in 2009 my cost for 2016 was 2.3 times what it was in 2009.

My total hydro bill $'s for 2016 divided by the total kwh works out to $0.25 / kwh

I don't know any way to dumb it down further for you to understand. That's a far cry from your agenda selective quote where you state $0.065 per kwh for off peak.

You say the increase from 2000 to present is just normal... but at the same time Wynnebag got raked over the coals by countless thousands of people for the skyrocketing hydro rates.

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

More lack of comprehension from Fail as usual... What part don't you understand about real world numbers...

Although I used less electricity in 2016 than I did in 2009 my cost for 2016 was 2.3 times what it was in 2009.

My total hydro bill $'s for 2016 divided by the total kwh works out to $0.25 / kwh

I don't know any way to dumb it down further for you to understand. That's a far cry from your agenda selective quote where you state $0.065 per kwh for off peak.

You say the increase from 2000 to present is just normal... but at the same time Wynnebag got raked over the coals by countless thousands of people for the skyrocketing hydro rates.

what don't you understand about wanting to go back to subsidized rates :dunno:  (I said off peak rate) 

you just keep rambling on

31 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

what don't you understand about wanting to go back to subsidized rates :dunno:  (I said off peak rate) 

you just keep rambling on

Yeah and your statement of just a normal increase is just stupid. The off peak rate you quote isn't representative of the actual total cost of electricity the customer pays.

What don't you understand about Wynnebag and her merry band of idiots screwing up hydro beyond belief... kind of like just about everything they touch

Hydro financials is where they get torn apart by the auditor general and virtually every financial experts when they count debt as an asset. .

Edited by 02sled

38 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Yeah and your statement of just a normal increase is just stupid. The off peak rate you quote isn't representative of the actual total cost of electricity the customer pays.

What don't you understand about Wynnebag and her merry band of idiots screwing up hydro beyond belief... kind of like just about everything they touch

Hydro financials is where they get torn apart by the auditor general and virtually every financial experts when they count debt as an asset. .

Delivery charges start in 1998 - 

Rates unfrozen 2002 

result is a huge Hydro bill

pretty simple 

On January 6, 2018 at 8:00 PM, 1trailmaker said:

Delivery charges start in 1998 - 

Rates unfrozen 2002 

result is a huge Hydro bill

pretty simple 

They were always there just broken out on bill WRONG AGAIN FAIL :dunno: 

I was actually happy to get a 1748 dollar hydro bill at my restaurant the other day. It actually included Wynne lates vote buying discount. Saved just under 350 dollars off the bill. Well, actually didn’t save it, umm , I guess my children and their children will look after it for me. So they got that to look forward to. What an effed up province this is. Can she really get back in?

2 minutes ago, Pt3189 said:

I was actually happy to get a 1748 dollar hydro bill at my restaurant the other day. It actually included Wynne lates vote buying discount. Saved just under 350 dollars off the bill. Well, actually didn’t save it, umm , I guess my children and their children will look after it for me. So they got that to look forward to. What an effed up province this is. Can she really get back in?

I doubt she will win

but we can still take her gifts :lmao:  

I don know about that. The Lieberals are taking a hard left in order to get some of the dip voters. Let them battle it out and hope their are enough “ stable geniuses “ to go conservative. Let the pendulum swing back a little bit to the middle.

• Like 1