Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yes they did.

On this topic, I have stated this before, employers will find ways to protect their bottom line.

some will grab headlines while others will just figure it out 

out of the thousands of TIMs locations  I wonder how many are doing what these two are doing?   

social media so far is calling for boycott of that location, but than again the haters haven't posted yet 

3 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

some will grab headlines while others will just figure it out 

out of the thousands of TIMs locations  I wonder how many are doing what these two are doing?   

social media so far is calling for boycott of that location, but than again the haters haven't posted yet 

I don't think they were trying to grab anything other than protect their profits.  They can't raise their prices or get their supplies elsewhere.  Only way to increase profits is to have more customers.

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I don't think they were trying to grab anything other than protect their profits.  They can't raise their prices or get their supplies elsewhere.  Only way to increase profits is to have more customers.

:lol:   well I am betting they didn't do that with their announcement - matter of fact I bet they will lose money LOTS OF IT 

TIMs corp was aware of this increase and if the corp thought of it as a problem they would have allowed Ontario to increase their prices 

Why haven't they?  

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol:   well I am betting they didn't do that with their announcement - matter of fact I bet they will lose money LOTS OF IT 

TIMs corp was aware of this increase and if the corp thought of it as a problem they would have allowed Ontario to increase their prices 

Why haven't they?  

Cause its the store's problem.:lol:

9 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Why haven't they?  

Because the corp needs to maintain their profit levels and returns to the shareholders. It's not up to them to eat the additional costs the Ontario franchisees need to address.

Are you suggesting they lower the product cost to the franchisees in Ontario? That would go over real well with the other owners outside of Ontario.

It's really sad you can't understand business is there to make a profit and that profit belongs to the shareholders not the employees.

Edited by 02sled

6 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Because the corp needs to maintain their profit levels and returns to the shareholders. It's not up to them to eat the additional costs the Ontario franchisees need to address.

Are you suggesting they lower the product cost to the franchisees in Ontario? That would go over real well with the other owners outside of Ontario.

It's really sad you can't understand business is there to make a profit and that profit belongs to the shareholders not the employees.

add 1 cent to a donut - no one will care 

you speak a funny tongue - who said corp should lose money or this store for that matter :dunno:   

You are quite happy with the simple fix of fucking over the employee as you have stated - no use trying any thing else in 02douchelips world 

49 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

add 1 cent to a donut - no one will care 

you speak a funny tongue - who said corp should lose money or this store for that matter :dunno:   

You are quite happy with the simple fix of fucking over the employee as you have stated - no use trying any thing else in 02douchelips world 

More Fail stupidity... add 1 cent to the cost of a donut.

Capture3.JPG.3c60e217b1d30f44992f4b561404eb30.JPG

Especially yours. You really never will understand profit margins. These franchise owners if you actually pay attention sound like they are trying to find a way to remain profitable in the face of a 22.8% increase in labour costs PLUS EI, WSIB and CPP.

I guess you just glossed over them being pretty good employers in the first place. Things like a paid day off for your birthday and subsidised medical and dental. Then when faced with the increase they are forced to reduce the benefit subsidy and other things they aren't required to pay for they are the devil incarnate.

The employee isn't getting f'd over as you say.... they just got a 22.8% raise.

Edited by 02sled

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

More Fail stupidity... add 1 cent to the cost of a donut.

Capture3.JPG.3c60e217b1d30f44992f4b561404eb30.JPG

Especially yours. You really never will understand profit margins. These franchise owners if you actually pay attention sound like they are trying to find a way to remain profitable in the face of a 22.8% increase in labour costs PLUS EI, WSIB and CPP.

I guess you just glossed over them being pretty good employers in the first place. Things like a paid day off for your birthday and subsidised medical and dental. Then when faced with the increase they are forced to reduce the benefit subsidy and other things they aren't required to pay for they are the devil incarnate.

again this is one business doing this, thousands and thousands haven't said a word 

How come the Tim's up the street hasn't done this :dunno:  or hundreds of others 

This wage increase  is a done deal, you can cry and close up or attack your employees or raise your price, its all up to them.  Him running off with the media won't change the facts but in his case he will lose money due to boycotting even if its symbolic for a week  

Just to add some info to this ongoing insanity.

Ron Joyce Jr (married to Tim Horton's daughter) Inc owns two Tim Hortons franchises, both located in Cobourg

Tim Horton's is owned by the American firm Wendy's, which in turn is owned by the Brazillion investment firm 3G Investments

Edited by Bigfish

12 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

again this is one business doing this, thousands and thousands haven't said a word 

How come the Tim's up the street hasn't done this :dunno:  or hundreds of others 

This wage increase  is a done deal, you can cry and close up or attack your employees or raise your price, its all up to them.  Him running off with the media won't change the facts but in his case he will lose money due to boycotting even if its symbolic for a week  

More Fail STILL WRONG STRIKES AGAIN. How are you so sure that other businesses aren't doing the exact or similar things. Because you haven't seen it posted here like this one was of MORE LIKELY BECAUSE YOU INTUITIVELY KNOW THEY AREN'T - MORE FROM THE OVER ACTIVE IMAGINATION OF FAIL.

keep on denying that this is impacting business and they can just absorb the increased cost.... who needs the financial experts to tell us things when we have FAIL THE MAGNIFICENT.

Capture1.JPG.240274113ef8e9c05911ec056629d169.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

comment 

We've cut taxes on the "job creators" over and over again the last 10 years. We're reassured by the pro-business crowd that that would lead to employers VOLUNTARILY raising wages and passing on the good times to their employees. Of course, this NEVER comes to pass and so now the provincial government is literally having to enforce the "trickle down" dream. The irony is that conservative-minded folk preach trickle down but then complain when it actually happens.

well put

3 minutes ago, 02sled said:

More Fail STILL WRONG STRIKES AGAIN. How are you so sure that other businesses aren't doing the exact or similar things. Because you haven't seen it posted here like this one was of MORE LIKELY BECAUSE YOU INTUITIVELY KNOW THEY AREN'T - MORE FROM THE OVER ACTIVE IMAGINATION OF FAIL.

keep on denying that this is impacting business and they can just absorb the increased cost.... who needs the financial experts to tell us things when we have FAIL THE MAGNIFICENT.

Capture1.JPG.240274113ef8e9c05911ec056629d169.JPG

when the doom and gloom doesn't come what will you say then?  

37 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

when the doom and gloom doesn't come what will you say then?  

Gee Fail the Magnificently STILL WRONG STRIKES AGAIN.

Nobody else is cutting back he says.

This is just one Tim Hortons  he says.

The rest aren't doing this he says.

GEE... I WONDER WHY IT WAS THAT GLOBAL NEWS REFERRED TO WHAT IS HAPPENING DUE TO THE MINIMUM WAGE CHANGE AND COVERED A RELEASE FROM TIM HORTONS CORPORATE OFFICE THAT LABOUR IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE FRANCHISEE.

I GUESS THE ONE AND ONLY FRANCHISE MAKING CHANGES IS NEWS WORTHY FOR GLOBAL. They mentioned the one but they won't be the only one for sure.

CTV - TWO is addressing this as well. Party Supply store, restaurant, apple packer all trying to adapt. Bank of Canada predicts up to 60,000 job losses possible. You had better get in touch with them Fail and let them know that you're right and they are wrong.

Edited by 02sled

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

Gee Fail the Magnificently STILL WRONG STRIKES AGAIN.

Nobody else is cutting back he says.

This is just one Tim Hortons  he says.

The rest aren't doing this he says.

GEE... I WONDER WHY IT WAS THAT GLOBAL NEWS REFERRED TO WHAT IS HAPPENING DUE TO THE MINIMUM WAGE CHANGE AND COVERED A RELEASE FROM TIM HORTONS CORPORATE OFFICE THAT LABOUR IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE FRANCHISEE.

I GUESS THE ONE AND ONLY FRANCHISE MAKING CHANGES IS NEWS WORTHY FOR GLOBAL.

CTV - TWO is addressing this as well. Party Supply store, restaurant, apple packer all trying to adapt. Bank of Canada predicts up to 60,000 job losses possible. You had better get in touch with them Fail and let them know that you're right and they are wrong.

this is great already 30 000 better than AC's post about 90 000 jobs could  be lost 

15$ an hour is being in some USA states for a few years now, seems they are doing fine and according to Donny best in history 

Just now, toslow said:

these people don't vote, no need to be delt with as a priority. only when one or two die then the public will hear about it.

We hear the teeth gnashing whenever cold weather rolls around. Every winter seems like the 1st winter that they have to confront the issue. Next winter won't be any different.

54 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

this is great already 30 000 better than AC's post about 90 000 jobs could  be lost 

15$ an hour is being in some USA states for a few years now, seems they are doing fine and according to Donny best in history 

90k was up to 2020.  60k is just this year.  Pay attention.:lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Why haven't they?  

They have . A few small ones since announcement.

Just spent the last 2 days reviewing  my menu prices. Just raised every item 8to 12 percent. Slashed 12 hours  out of schedule for Thursday through Sunday. Will slash further next week. My Labour cost on January 1st was 48 percent of sales with stat pay applied. Next year will be closed for most stats. Will open for stats during Summer months. I hope the seniors can still afford to dine out or there may be 18 people looking for work. I am only open to make money. I will close the first month that there is a loss.

7 minutes ago, Pt3189 said:

Just spent the last 2 days reviewing  my menu prices. Just raised every item 8to 12 percent. Slashed 12 hours  out of schedule for Thursday through Sunday. Will slash further next week. My Labour cost on January 1st was 48 percent of sales with stat pay applied. Next year will be closed for most stats. Will open for stats during Summer months. I hope the seniors can still afford to dine out or there may be 18 people looking for work. I am only open to make money. I will close the first month that there is a loss.

and that is the way it should be

good luck this year