Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

a vacant office paid for by the taxpayers?  :dunno:  who do you think pays for this vacant room? heat? hydro? cleaning? 

:lol:   go doug go

free tickets to the zoo must be stopped :lol:  

You don't get it and never will. It's an unused empty office. One of many in the under used building. He doesn't maintain one he just uses one of the offices that are empty when he needs one rather than PAY to maintain a full time office that he simply doesn't need. No wonder the government is so f'd up if you can't understand not spending city money to rent an office somewhere isn't saving money.

The building he goes into when he needs to is already paid for. :idiot:

2 hours ago, Muskoka Rider said:

Actually Tims just raised prices this summer and the line ups are still the same. The places where the most employees are minimum wage such as retail and food service will have to adjust pricing. But so what, I would rather pay an extra 2 bucks on my grocery bill and know that the people making it possible for me to shop are being paid enough to have a life too. i find the greed and hatred being posted by some to be repulsive. Any job is worth at least 15 bucks an hour, hell I would not get off the couch for under 30.

Take a look at McDonalds. They have reduced the numbers of counter staff serving considerably and gone to self serve kiosks. Why? Labour costs.

If you think the others won't follow suit you really are foolish. Places like Walmart and other large retailers are looking more and more at self serve checkout. Why... to reduce labour costs.

3 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Take a look at McDonalds. They have reduced the numbers of counter staff serving considerably and gone to self serve kiosks. Why? Labour costs.

If you think the others won't follow suit you really are foolish. Places like Walmart and other large retailers are looking more and more at self serve checkout. Why... to reduce labour costs.

That don't mean nothing.  Lol.

8 minutes ago, 02sled said:

You don't get it and never will. It's an unused empty office. One of many in the under used building. He doesn't maintain one he just uses one of the offices that are empty when he needs one rather than PAY to maintain a full time office that he simply doesn't need. No wonder the government is so f'd up if you can't understand not spending city money to rent an office somewhere isn't saving money.

The building he goes into when he needs to is already paid for. :idiot:

How is a building free :dunno:  being empty doesn't make it free

what don't you get?  You should go back to talking about why people should use their own money for work

6 minutes ago, 02sled said:

thanks 02ool for the lesson on automation something that has been happening for 50 years

2 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

How is a building free :dunno:  being empty doesn't make it free

what don't you get?  You should go back to talking about why people should use their own money for work

Again :idiot::nuts2:

The point is that he doesn't waste the money in his budget to RENT AND MAINTAIN AN OFFICE. He returns that unused money to the city. The under utilized building would be maintained regardless of whether he went in there or not. There really is something wrong with you. You need testing. He doesn't spend the money in his budget and returns it to the city.

2 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

thanks 02ool for the lesson on automation something that has been happening for 50 years

You really think they would have considered going down that road if not for rising labour costs. :idiot:

Just now, 02sled said:

Again :idiot::nuts2:

The point is that he doesn't waste the money in his budget to RENT AND MAINTAIN AN OFFICE. He returns that unused money to the city. The under utilized building would be maintained regardless of whether he went in there or not. There really is something wrong with you. You need testing. He doesn't spend the money in his budget and returns it to the city.

Deputy Mayor has an office in City Hall - who is using that?

bold Maintained by the taxpayer

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

You really think they would have considered going down that road if not for rising labour costs. :idiot:

yes

Why can you order starbucks on your phone and pick it up? 

They also moved away from the crank cash register

Now busy McDonald will have 10 self serve kiosks maybe more,  they never had 10 tills open but now will have more than 10

McDonalds isn't cutting staff, they are serving more and faster times

48 minutes ago, 02sled said:

What is your point. Auto makers, mining operations, logging operations, virtually all industries and services will cut people when technology can replace them. Eventually there will be very little work for humans to do. Companies that once employed 30k people now employ k people and have higher production numbers. Those same companies would have no employees if they or someone else could some how figure out a way to do it, and eventually they will. There will be factories that have machines building the product and machines fixing machines, and machines loading self driving trucks that are unloaded by machines and a machine to deliver the end product to the consumer whom has a machine to open it for them.  When this all comes to be, and it will, money will be distributed to all without any work having to be done. The basic min income that is being tested in many economies right now is a precursor to the a future in which the majority will be on that system and a small minority of the brightest will develop technologies.

Traditionally, increased productivity correlates with economic growth and job growth, since human labor has historically driven production. A robot workforce, however, can drive productivity and growth on its own, eliminating jobs in the process. That might mean the whole paradigm of exchanging labor for pay starts to break down. "If we persist in the view that the dividends from robots' increased productivity should accrue to robot owners, we'll definitely come to a future where there aren't enough owners of robots to buy all the things that robots make," Cory Doctorow wrote in a recent Boing Boing post.

Doctorow suggests the possibility that robot-driven abundance could undermine the need for markets as we know them. "Property rights may be a way of allocating resources when there aren't enough of them to go around, but when automation replaces labor altogether and there's lots of everything, do we still need it?" Assuming a post-scarcity system of distribution evolves to peacefully and fairly share the fruits of robot-driven post-scarcity production, jobs as we know them might not just become unnecessary—they might stop making sense altogether.

Read the full article here. https://www.wired.com/2014/08/when-robots-take-all-the-work-whatll-be-left-for-us-to-do/

18 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Deputy Mayor has an office in City Hall - who is using that?

bold Maintained by the taxpayer

Dumb as a stump Fail continues. Follow the bouncing ball Fail. I know after the first bounce you lose track. We are talking about the individual councillors budgets.

This is a discretionary budget allocated to each Councillor to pay for expenses that are allowable under the Constituency Services and Office Budget Policy

Councillors must not exceed their annual Constituency Services and Office Budget limit, whether using City funds or personal funds.

Councillors can choose to use City funds, personal funds or a combination of the two as long as the total amount of expenditure remains within the limit. Councillors who pay for office expenses with personal funds are subject to the same accountability mechanisms and must file all receipts with the Director, Strategic Integration and Excellence, with the exception of kilometrage, parking, wireless expenses and business meals.

When the councillor chooses to not spend that money and return it to the city because they don't feel compelled to spend it just because they can that councillor is criticised by the rest who like to spend every cent.... why because they can.

18 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

yes

Why can you order starbucks on your phone and pick it up? 

They also moved away from the crank cash register

Now busy McDonald will have 10 self serve kiosks maybe more,  they never had 10 tills open but now will have more than 10

McDonalds isn't cutting staff, they are serving more and faster times

I haven't seen one yet with more than 3 or 4 of the self serve options. :idiot: if you don't think that allowed McDonalds to cut staff. But what else is new. There are a whole lot less people behind the counter dodging around each other. If that isn't cutting staff what is.

26 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Dumb as a stump Fail continues. Follow the bouncing ball Fail. I know after the first bounce you lose track. We are talking about the individual councillors budgets.

This is a discretionary budget allocated to each Councillor to pay for expenses that are allowable under the Constituency Services and Office Budget Policy

Councillors must not exceed their annual Constituency Services and Office Budget limit, whether using City funds or personal funds.

Councillors can choose to use City funds, personal funds or a combination of the two as long as the total amount of expenditure remains within the limit. Councillors who pay for office expenses with personal funds are subject to the same accountability mechanisms and must file all receipts with the Director, Strategic Integration and Excellence, with the exception of kilometrage, parking, wireless expenses and business meals.

When the councillor chooses to not spend that money and return it to the city because they don't feel compelled to spend it just because they can that councillor is criticised by the rest who like to spend every cent.... why because they can.

I would spend my budget if I needed too - that is what a budget is for.

Rob going on about free passes to the zoo saved nothing dummy - Rob saved you nothing and gave you nothing in 4 years - this is FACT

vote for Doug I really don't care, he yells TAXPAYER and you bow - what a simpleton

24 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I haven't seen one yet with more than 3 or 4 of the self serve options. :idiot: if you don't think that allowed McDonalds to cut staff. But what else is new. There are a whole lot less people behind the counter dodging around each other. If that isn't cutting staff what is.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

I would spend my budget if I needed too - that is what a budget is for.

Rob going on about free passes to the zoo saved nothing dummy - Rob saved you nothing and gave you nothing in 4 years - this is FACT

vote for Doug I really don't care, he yells TAXPAYER and you bow - what a simpleton

You will never get it will you.... Typical idiotic government approach. Spend everything just because. If you don't need to spend it don't and let the taxpayers save. It all adds up. There's an old saying, look after the nickels and dimes and the dollars look after themselves.

Government pisses away money daily. Why... they have an endless supply. Just take more tax money.

Doug Holyday and Rob Ford became subjects of a witch hunt simply because the other councillors didn't like how it made them look when those two spent so little of their budget.

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

You will never get it will you.... Typical idiotic government approach. Spend everything just because. If you don't need to spend it don't and let the taxpayers save. It all adds up. There's an old saying, look after the nickels and dimes and the dollars look after themselves.

Government pisses away money daily. Why... they have an endless supply. Just take more tax money.

Doug Holyday and Rob Ford became subjects of a witch hunt simply because the other councillors didn't like how it made them look when those two spent so little of their budget.

Never heard any bad press about Holyday :dunno:   Rob was doing crack with the crips and bloods, drunk at city hall - witch hunt is funny as fuck

11 billion dollar budget and 02sled thinks bringing your own pencil from home is saving money for the taxpayers :lol:  

Toronto is under taxed period, this is the reason Transit is 20 years behind other large cities

600k home you pay less than 3k in taxes - wow 02ool crying about pencils and free zoo passes

26 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Never heard any bad press about Holyday :dunno:   Rob was doing crack with the crips and bloods, drunk at city hall - witch hunt is funny as fuck

11 billion dollar budget and 02sled thinks bringing your own pencil from home is saving money for the taxpayers :lol:  

Toronto is under taxed period, this is the reason Transit is 20 years behind other large cities

600k home you pay less than 3k in taxes - wow 02ool crying about pencils and free zoo passes

So in Fail world saving money is bad. Typical government jackass... It's not a lot in my mind so who cares if I spend money I don't need to. Got it.

The witch hunt was the rest of the councillors coming after Rob and Doug before Rob was mayor for not spending enough of their budget. Bottom line it made the rest of them look bad.

I know I made sure I got the best value I could when I spent company money and didn't buy anything we didn't need.

I remember while attending a conference comparing notes with someone from the Catholic School Board regarding what they were paying for standard hardware like Cisco switches. They were stupid enough to be paying full msrp because they didn't bother to negotiate for a lower price. Cisco would say this is the price and they would say okay.

24 minutes ago, 02sled said:

So in Fail world saving money is bad. Typical government jackass... It's not a lot in my mind so who cares if I spend money I don't need to. Got it.

The witch hunt was the rest of the councillors coming after Rob and Doug before Rob was mayor for not spending enough of their budget. Bottom line it made the rest of them look bad.

I know I made sure I got the best value I could when I spent company money and didn't buy anything we didn't need.

I remember while attending a conference comparing notes with someone from the Catholic School Board regarding what they were paying for standard hardware like Cisco switches. They were stupid enough to be paying full msrp because they didn't bother to negotiate for a lower price. Cisco would say this is the price and they would say okay.

I have no doubt sellers/contractors take what they can from governments - nothing new here

councilors are given X amount of dollars, if its too much give them less - asking them to bring a pencil from home is not right. 

A couple of millionaires parading around spending their own money is showboating nothing more.

02sled if you are given a lunch budget at a meeting do you bring a sandwich and run to the boss with the money you saved him?    if so you are fucked in the head

How much did Robbie cost you for 1 subway stop ?

with no maintainance on the Gardener Express how much more is that costing today?

toronto is in so much better shape today than it was in during Robbie Crack days

28 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I have no doubt sellers/contractors take what they can from governments - nothing new here

councilors are given X amount of dollars, if its too much give them less - asking them to bring a pencil from home is not right. 

A couple of millionaires parading around spending their own money is showboating nothing more.

02sled if you are given a lunch budget at a meeting do you bring a sandwich and run to the boss with the money you saved him?    if so you are fucked in the head

How much did Robbie cost you for 1 subway stop ?

with no maintainance on the Gardener Express how much more is that costing today?

toronto is in so much better shape today than it was in during Robbie Crack days

I have to admit I still get a chuckle at 02 trying to explain the receipts required for breakfast/lunch and dinner instead of per Diem.

What do you think of Tory, JT and the Health Minister praising Barry Sherman and His wife Honey's following their death yesterday calling him a great person etc etc.

It's looking like he killed his wife then himself, does that still make him a great person since he was a Billionaire Liberal?

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I have to admit I still get a chuckle at 02 trying to explain the receipts required for breakfast/lunch and dinner instead of per Diem.

What do you think of Tory, JT and the Health Minister praising Barry Sherman and His wife Honey's following their death yesterday calling him a great person etc etc.

It's looking like he killed his wife then himself, does that still make him a great person since he was a Billionaire Liberal?

Pretty fucked up for sure - I wonder what happened

"Looking forward to getting together in Florida. I am coming south Monday, December 18 - Friday, January 12," Ms. Sherman wrote in the email. "Barry is coming south for Monday December 25 & going home with me Jan. 12. Please let me know your dates south asap so i can place in my calendar... Looking forward to hearing back asap. Xoxo Honey"

no matter what happened, what this family has done is huge

Just shows money doesn't equal happy

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

Pretty fucked up for sure - I wonder what happened

"Looking forward to getting together in Florida. I am coming south Monday, December 18 - Friday, January 12," Ms. Sherman wrote in the email. "Barry is coming south for Monday December 25 & going home with me Jan. 12. Please let me know your dates south asap so i can place in my calendar... Looking forward to hearing back asap. Xoxo Honey"

no matter what happened, what this family has done is huge

Just shows money doesn't equal happy

If true he is just another murderer.  

Money does not buy happiness.

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

If true he is just another murderer.  

Money does not buy happiness.

sure he ended his last seconds as a murderer, doesn't mean his stuff done to help others should be forgotten.

Now if we find out this guy was a dick his entire life beating his wife ect,  that makes a different scenario

You never know why people just snap sometimes

The dude gave a lot

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

sure he ended his last seconds as a murderer, doesn't mean his stuff done to help others should be forgotten.

Now if we find out this guy was a dick his entire life beating his wife ect,  that makes a different scenario

The dude gave a lot

I made a call out to Apotex years ago and as we were signing in Barry walks in all pissed someone parked in his spot.:lol:

33 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

The dude gave a lot

Apotex were involved in all sorts of corrupt management practices to push their drugs. the record on this is very clear. This guy was not a great man, not even close.