Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

4 years of nothing fucking NOTHING except a shit show and cracked out mayor.  WTF is wrong with you

You are talking about policy when it comes to expenses, different then running a city of that size.   Doug should just move on to PROVINCIAL as he has no business running  a city

Maybe this guy would make a good mayor:

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/10/11/will-desmond-cole-run-for-mayor-of-toronto-hes-thinking-about-it-keenan.html

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

I feel for the parents being left out in the cold on this one.   GAIL knew this was coming and knew her situation financially,  sounds like a business gone bad and this is the excuse. 

10 day notice wtf

5 staff by the way

She has contracts with parents, and to avoid honouring them she will close, and re open under a different name in one week. Filling those spots right away at a new rate. Watch it, it is exactly what will happen. Keep an eye on her and see.

11 minutes ago, Muskoka Rider said:

She has contracts with parents, and to avoid honouring them she will close, and re open under a different name in one week. Filling those spots right away at a new rate. Watch it, it is exactly what will happen. Keep an eye on her and see.

Her rates were cheap compared to the city so you probably right

Just now, 1trailmaker said:

Her rates were cheap compared to the city so you probably right

No doubt, if they signed a one year deal, she could not offset raises and may have seen herself working for next to nothing. People always find a way when it comes to money. If daycare in that area is in high demand, people will pay more, and she will be right there to charge more. This is what I would do. But I would not be on the news crying about it. I think  will track her and then inform the news of what she does if she reopens. that would be a funny story. 

11 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lmao:  

she was 1 of 35 in simcoe for-profit day care - there is a waiting list for most daycares nothing new here.

So now the parents will hope to get in to the other daycares that don't seem to have to close

She fucked these parent big time - WFT in business since 1988 and this ends her business?   you will buy anything anti-liberal-wynne-trudeau

Dumb as a stump Fail... what else do you want to chalk it up to? Like you said... a successful business since 1988. Gee what has changed? Oh that's right, Wynnebag's stupidly unrealistic increase in the minimum wage. Put it up okay. That much at one time is stupidity.

Edited by 02sled
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 02sled said:

Dumb as a stump Fail... what else do you want to chalk it up to? Like you said... a successful business since 1988. Gee what has changed? Oh that's right, Wynnebag's stupidly unrealistic increase in the minimum wage. Put it up okay. That much at one time is stupidity.

who said she was successful? 

I am going with she lost her business to her own doing or she is doing what MR said

she only has 1 employee that would make min wage

23 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

who said she was successful? 

I am going with she lost her business to her own doing or she is doing what MR said

she only has 1 employee that would make min wage

More from your over active :bullshit:    imagination. I wonder why Wynnebag is standing up talking about financial aid for daycare struggling with labour costs and the pending increases. I guess she is doing that because they are doing so well.

So Fail... you seem to know the intimate details of her payroll obligations. How much were each of the employees being paid Fail.... and don't pull this from your :bullshit: imagination.... how about some real fact that you can actually support.

By the way... a business that has been doing just fine for just shy of 20 years in a market that puts their services in high demand sounds pretty successful... that is unless sudden external arbitrary non optional circumstances like a massive increase in labour costs has a significant impact and forces them into an unprofitable situation.

You wouldn't expect them to operate at a loss would you.... only government can do that.

Edited by 02sled

20 minutes ago, 02sled said:

More from your over active :bullshit:    imagination. I wonder why Wynnebag is standing up talking about financial aid for daycare struggling with labour costs and the pending increases. I guess she is doing that because they are doing so well.

So Fail... you seem to know the intimate details of her payroll obligations. How much were each of the employees being paid Fail.... and don't pull this from your :bullshit: imagination.... how about some real fact that you can actually support.

By the way... a business that has been doing just fine for just shy of 20 years in a market that puts their services in high demand sounds pretty successful... that is unless sudden external arbitrary non optional circumstances like a massive increase in labour costs has a significant impact and forces them into an unprofitable situation.

You wouldn't expect them to operate at a loss would you.... only government can do that.

1 supervisor

1 toddler room teacher

1 preschool

2 aids

1 cook

Which of these don't make min wages?

That is from their website -  I know you put zero value in any of these jobs but others don't think as negative as you and your greatness

11 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

1 supervisor

1 toddler room teacher

1 preschool

2 aids

1 cook

That is from their website -  I know you put zero value in any of these jobs but others don't think as negative as you and your greatness

That's the question I asked you Fail... which ones are making above minimum wage... you made the statement that none of them were making minimum wage. I would imagine the supervisor would be paid a bit more than the others but sure as heck not a lot more.

If the others were making $11.40 and the supervisor was making $14 the supervisor wouldn't be satisfied making the same as the people they are supervising and would want a raise proportionate to the one the others received wouldn't they.

Edited by 02sled

7 minutes ago, 02sled said:

That's the question I asked you Fail... which ones are making above minimum wage... you made the statement that none of them were making minimum wage. I would imagine the supervisor would be paid a bit more than the others but sure as heck not a lot more.

If the others were making $11.40 and the supervisor was making $14 the supervisor wouldn't be satisfied making the same as the people they are supervising and would want a raise proportionate to the one the others received wouldn't they.

wow just wow

This is so typical of you to insult so many in one post

02ool hero best business women ever

4d3c87_0ff8c1acfb89e2cfb09357b2bcca0664.

15 hours ago, Muskoka Rider said:

No doubt, if they signed a one year deal, she could not offset raises and may have seen herself working for next to nothing. People always find a way when it comes to money. If daycare in that area is in high demand, people will pay more, and she will be right there to charge more. This is what I would do. But I would not be on the news crying about it. I think  will track her and then inform the news of what she does if she reopens. that would be a funny story. 

Daycare is always in high demand, even in low income areas where the government pays.  Don't know why she would shortchange herself, likely not to bright.

23 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

1 supervisor

1 toddler room teacher

1 preschool

2 aids

1 cook

How do you know the 

supervisor

toddler room teacher

preschool

aid

and cook

are not the same person?:lol:

Likely the most accurate statement and hypothesis you have made.

16 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

4 years of nothing fucking NOTHING except a shit show and cracked out mayor.  WTF is wrong with you

You are talking about policy when it comes to expenses, different then running a city of that size.   Doug should just move on to Provencal as he has no business running  a city

Show me where the policy states that A COUNCILLOR MUST SPEND ALL THE MONEY IN THEIR BUDGET. I know that's what you're used to as a government employee where money is needlessly pissed away all the time but in business it's good to come in under budget and not spend everything if you don't need to.

You never know but the reality is that under the current situation she can't remain profitable.

Just now, 02sled said:

You never know but the reality is that under the current situation she can't remain profitable.

Well if she does not have contract then she most certainly could. Simply adjust rates accordingly.  Like all other businesses will do, get ready to pay a dime more for your morning coffee, oh the horror.

6 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Show me where the policy states that A COUNCILLOR MUST SPEND ALL THE MONEY IN THEIR BUDGET. I know that's what you're used to as a government employee where money is needlessly pissed away all the time but in business it's good to come in under budget and not spend everything if you don't need to.

dude they get a budget - period no discussion

cut that budget back - done no discussion

show boating from a a millionaire spending his own money is fucked up,  I don't take jobs to spend my own money

Peanuts, nothing was done in the city period NOTHING

If you are asked to go pick up some cable needed for your cable pushing job - do you do it with your own money?  if you do you stupider than I thought

Edited by 1trailmaker

2 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

show boating from a a millionaire spending his own money is fucked up,  I don't take jobs to spend my own money

If you are asked to go pick up some cable needed for your cable pushing job - do you do it with your own money?  if you do you stupider than I thought

Apparently there are or have been a number of Councillors who won't take a dime of taxpayers money.  There reasoning is they got into politics to serve the people not the other way around.  Like sled volunteers,  I guess that message has been lost.

40 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Apparently there are or have been a number of Councillors who won't take a dime of taxpayers money.  There reasoning is they got into politics to serve the people not the other way around.  Like sled volunteers,  I guess that message has been lost.

that is nothing but bullshit spewed by politicians -  although it is true they want to help, they have no interest in doing it for free,   making 100k out the gate is why they run for any office.

No one would run if councilors were paid 30k a year

48 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Doug Holyday is far from a millionaire. He was the frugal mayor of Etobicoke before consolidation and the people loved him for ensuring their money wasn't wasted. Rather than pay for an office from his budget as a councillor he just uses one of the vacant offices at the former Etobicoke City Hall which is now a civic centre.

48 minutes ago, Muskoka Rider said:

Well if she does not have contract then she most certainly could. Simply adjust rates accordingly.  Like all other businesses will do, get ready to pay a dime more for your morning coffee, oh the horror.

02ool is one of those people that are saying everything will go up 35% too so you are not ahead of the game.  Clueless

If Tim's coffee goes up 5 cents I would be surprised

Just now, 02sled said:

Doug Holyday is far from a millionaire. He was the frugal mayor of Etobicoke before consolidation and the people loved him for ensuring their money wasn't wasted. Rather than pay for an office from his budget as a councillor he just uses one of the vacant offices at the former Etobicoke City Hall which is now a civic centre.

a vacant office paid for by the taxpayers?  :dunno:  who do you think pays for this vacant room? heat? hydro? cleaning? 

:lol:   go doug go

free tickets to the zoo must be stopped :lol:  

Just now, 1trailmaker said:

02ool is one of those people that are saying everything will go up 35% too so you are not ahead of the game.  Clueless

If Tim's coffee goes up 5 cents I would be surprised

Actually Tims just raised prices this summer and the line ups are still the same. The places where the most employees are minimum wage such as retail and food service will have to adjust pricing. But so what, I would rather pay an extra 2 bucks on my grocery bill and know that the people making it possible for me to shop are being paid enough to have a life too. i find the greed and hatred being posted by some to be repulsive. Any job is worth at least 15 bucks an hour, hell I would not get off the couch for under 30.

1 hour ago, Muskoka Rider said:

Actually Tims just raised prices this summer and the line ups are still the same. The places where the most employees are minimum wage such as retail and food service will have to adjust pricing. But so what, I would rather pay an extra 2 bucks on my grocery bill and know that the people making it possible for me to shop are being paid enough to have a life too. i find the greed and hatred being posted by some to be repulsive. Any job is worth at least 15 bucks an hour, hell I would not get off the couch for under 30.

There competition here is Mc's, so they need to watch each other.  People still go to 5 bucks for coffee, not sure why.  I hope they are paying well but I doubt it.