Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

14 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so in  2028 if alive what do you think any government will have done to stop this?  Mike Harris?  he made us pay for our parents debt and that seems to be okay, well okay until the Liberals came into power.

Mark that date down and we can have a talk about it then - most likely that date will have 10 years of Conservative government control.   I see nothing more than the blame game happening.

Can Patrick do it?  You are voting for him so I assume you think BEST EVER?

You are an idiot.  

In 2028 my children will be paying for Wynne's poor fiscal policy.  

And in 2058 my grandchildren will be.  

It will be near impossible for a government to dig us out of the mess she is creating.  

I know Fail.  Mike Harris, Harper, Duffy.  Any others you want to blame?

The fact is Wynne is spending and pandering for votes and will cripple us with interest on the debt for years. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sksman said:

You are an idiot.  

In 2028 my children will be paying for Wynne's poor fiscal policy.  

And in 2058 my grandchildren will be.  

It will be near impossible for a government to dig us out of the mess she is creating.  

I know Fail.  Mike Harris, Harper, Duffy.  Any others you want to blame?

The fact is Wynne is spending and pandering for votes and will cripple us with interest on the debt for years. 

I didn't blame anyone just pointed out about paying debt back, this was Harris something you can not deny - our parents ran up quite a bill for us to pay

You are paying these rates because of your parents and most likely you are old as fuck and were the cause of these rates yourself with decades of subsidized rates.  Infrastructure wasn't done over the decades and now its going to cost..... 

stop reading the wacko news 2028 is long time away,  Conservatives will be in power for 8 of those at least - what will happen?  blame wynne?  :lol: 

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

Of course it is :lol:   yet they will still operate, something tells me these employees are not needed :dunno: 

Current Minimum Wage

Province

Minimum Hourly Wage

Alberta

$12.20

British Columbia

$10.85

Manitoba

$11.00

New Brunswick

$10.65

Newfoundland & Labrador

$10.50

Northwest Territories

$12.50

Nova Scotia

$10.70

Nunavut

$13.00

Ontario

$11.40

Prince Edward Island

$11.00

Quebec

$10.75

Saskatchewan

$10.72

Yukon

$13.00

Tell the class how Ontario is different than any other province?

Half the country will be 15$ an hour by next 2 years - many states too

And companies will find a way to deal with the increased costs. The increase in min wage is going to cost Loblaw $150 million. These 500 people are losing their jobs as a direct result of cost cutting to help offset a part of that. 

Right/wrong - doesn’t matter. It’s a consequence of the Increased cost to the business. 

Higher prices for all of us are on the way too. 

42 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

And companies will find a way to deal with the increased costs. The increase in min wage is going to cost Loblaw $150 million. These 500 people are losing their jobs as a direct result of cost cutting to help offset a part of that. 

Right/wrong - doesn’t matter. It’s a consequence of the Increased cost to the business. 

Higher prices for all of us are on the way too. 

any time someone is let go they say the exact same thing, utter bullshit - and the fact this hasn't come in to play yet.

I believe they have 50 billion in sales and profits of 700 million  with 1000 stores and several product lines...... a few cents to each product will more than cover this increase for a company this size.

Who is working in the head office at minimum wage?  500 workers making 15 an hour is 150 million you claim it will cost them - utter bullshit the Corp is spewing

Jobs are being cut to create more profits plain and simple

15$ is also becoming the norm in USA too -  are you saying everyone is going to be fired :lol:  

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

any time someone is let go they say the exact same thing, utter bullshit - and the fact this hasn't come in to play yet.

I believe they have 50 billion in sales and profits of 700 million  with 1000 stores and several product lines...... a few cents to each product will more than cover this increase for a company this size.

Who is working in the head office at minimum wage?  500 workers making 15 an hour is 150 million you claim it will cost them - utter bullshit the Corp is spewing

Jobs are being cut to create more profits plain and simple

15$ is also becoming the norm in USA too -  are you saying everyone is going to be fired :lol:  

The people being fired aren’t min wage workers. The cost savings from the firings will go to pay the increased cost of the min wage workers. Did you just expect them to take the extra $150 million in wage costs up the ass? :dunno:  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, The Rocket said:

The people being fired aren’t min wage workers. The cost savings from the firings will go to pay the increased cost of the min wage workers. Did you just expect them to take the extra $150 million in wage costs up the ass? :dunno:  

utter bullshit

if they can let go 500 employees at head office they didn't need them in the first place

the labour costs are the responsibility of the franchise - this is utter bullshit

14 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

utter bullshit

if they can let go 500 employees at head office they didn't need them in the first place

the labour costs are the responsibility of the franchise - this is utter bullshit

Are Loblaws store franchises?  I Know Nofrills are as my wife's cousin owns one from the money his father gave him.  

33 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Are Loblaws store franchises?  I Know Nofrills are as my wife's cousin owns one from the money his father gave him.  

1,000 corporate and franchise

who knows

my buddy just got a No Frills in Calgary

We lost one of our defense good hockey player his wife just got a CanadianTire in Kenora lol

On that note some friends of mine She worked for Walmart got up high Manger of a store then office _ they paid her out and got rid of her because she was making too much = and  the circle continutes

59 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

utter bullshit

Sure they didn’t. What they didn’t need was an additional $150 million in expenses either. 

3 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

1,000 corporate and franchise

who knows

my buddy just got a No Frills in Calgary

We lost one of our defense good hockey player his wife just got a CanadianTire in Kenora lol

On that note some friends of mine She worked for Walmart got up high Manger of a store then office _ they paid her out and got rid of her because she was making too much = and  the circle continutes

Good for them. Both are a great way to make $ if run properly. Lots of hard work and risk them though. 

4 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Sure they didn’t. What they didn’t need was an additional $150 million in expenses either. 

Good for them. Both are a great way to make $ if run properly. Lots of hard work and risk them though. 

Utter bullshit

Franchises are not handed out like candy, they know what they are doing.  Rare for a location to close.

small town FoodLand has issues if near larger towns with Sobey's and No Frills

Edited by 1trailmaker

8 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Utter bullshit

Franchises are not handed out like candy, they know what they are doing.  Rare for a location to close.

small town FoodLand has issues if near larger towns with Sobey's and No Frills

I have an idea of how they are “handed” out. And Canadian Tire doesn’t have “franchises” - they have dealers. Both them and No Frills can have their stores yanked out from them for non performance. Big difference in the numbers from a well run or poorly run store. CTC guys usually start in less desirable locations and are given the opportunity to move to stores with more profit potential. 

3 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

I have an idea of how they are “handed” out. And Canadian Tire doesn’t have “franchises” - they have dealers. Both them and No Frills can have their stores yanked out from them for non performance. Big difference in the numbers from a well run or poorly run store. CTC guys usually start in less desirable locations and are given the opportunity to move to stores with more profit potential. 

The store itself stays that is the point

If you are bad at your job cry me a river

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Unless the Corp wants it closed or maybe the Corp wants a new fancy store/format. Which means the “dealer” gets to go to a bank and borrow millions of $ to build out and stock a new store. Then work harder for less $ to pay it back. 

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

Or hope that your job has a government union behind you so you can continue to do fuck all everyday and still get paid!  And continue to cry about underpaid overworked meanwhile post on internet sites all day!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Or hope that your job has a government union behind you so you can continue to do fuck all everyday and still get paid!  And continue to cry about underpaid overworked meanwhile post on internet sites all day!

hey diaper breath I  hope you get big boy pants for your birthday :headshot:

16 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

utter bullshit

Something like your employer doesn't need you. After all you spend most of your workday on the forum so they could easily do without you. As for labour costs are the responsibility of the franchise.... more Fail BS. The Loblaws group have some franchises but that is places like the No Frills stores. There are lots of corporately owned and operated stores plus the distribution centres and more.

Business can't just ignore 1 $190M hit to the bottom line like government can.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/minimum-wage-hikes-to-cost-loblaw-an-extra-190m-next-year-1.4222053

13 hours ago, Sksman said:

13 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

hey diaper breath I  hope you get big boy pants for your birthday :headshot:

Oh! Sksman hit a nerve did he Fail.... it seems you can't handle the truth that you could be let go and not missed.

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I'll believe the AG. You know the person that makes things uncomfortable for the Wynnebag fiberals time and time again. They took away some of the powers of the office of the AG. It used to be that the AG could declare an ad campaign as partisan and prevent it from being released. Wynnebag didn't like that so they took that power away from the office of the AG.

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2015/05/12/ontario-auditor-warns-of-flood-of-taxpayer-funded-partisan-ads.html

https://www.mississauga.com/news-story/5614052-ontario-auditor-warns-of-flood-of-taxpayer-funded-partisan-ads/

Isn't it great that we get to pay for Wynnebag to lie to us about how wonderful she and the thieves are.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Something like your employer doesn't need you. After all you spend most of your workday on the forum so they could easily do without you. As for labour costs are the responsibility of the franchise.... more Fail BS. The Loblaws group have some franchises but that is places like the No Frills stores. There are lots of corporately owned and operated stores plus the distribution centres and more.

Business can't just ignore 1 $190M hit to the bottom line like government can.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/minimum-wage-hikes-to-cost-loblaw-an-extra-190m-next-year-1.4222053

Not when their profit is only 700 million on sales of 50 billion.

29 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

fail posted those numbers - more stupid from 0tool

Fail... so you maintain the opinion that they can just swallow $190M in increased opex.... you truly are insane...

and you failed to acknowledge that you were as usual wrong when you said all the labour costs are burdened by the franchisee

Edited by 02sled