Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

19 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

I wouldn't call it not co operating , if they have been to see they're lawyers they were instructed to excercise the right to silence . 

im not on any side here , just saying what they were probably instructed to do . 

For sure.  

2 hours ago, StevieWonder said:

I wouldn't call it not co operating , if they have been to see they're lawyers they were instructed to excercise the right to silence . 

im not on any side here , just saying what they were probably instructed to do . 

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

What is interesting is these parents don't seem to take any of the blame,  they had to have known their child can't swim.  who the fuck doesn't know this shit.

My kids wouldn't be gone on a canoe trip with out being able to swim WELL

Maybe they didn't give a shit or know what was going on. I know the nephew has pulled shit where paperwork from school never got home.

I can see maybe a few kids not being able to swim (& not being allowed to go) but HALF the class failed & they let them go? It's almost as if the teachers were afraid of the backlash if the kids that failed the swim test weren't allowed to go. "Hey, they can tag along, what can happen?" 

It was also said that 1 of the teachers had members of their family along too. The final report will be interesting. At least the higher ups aren't talking about stopping outdoor trips outright. There have probably been dozens of trips like this undertaken by schools across the province w/o any issues.

The other week @ Marten River PP I was talking to the girl that was looking after the logging museum. We were talking about the current employment situation @ the parks & the defunct Junior Ranger program. She was saying it was really hard to get into now. She almost didn't get hired because she needed certificates in swimming & canoeing (which she didn't have). She had been going to the family cottage since she was a kid & had been exposed greatly to both activities. She had to show her proficiency @ both before she was accepted.

Edited by revrnd

The snowflakes of Toronto can relax now. The Toronto police have released the new paint scheme of their cruisers to replace the 'militaristic' paint scheme that was released last year.

11 minutes ago, revrnd said:

The snowflakes of Toronto can relax now. The Toronto police have released the new paint scheme of their cruisers to replace the 'militaristic' paint scheme that was released last year.

Rainbow theme?

https://www.durhamregion.com/news-story/7515350-teachers-call-for-pickering-s-sir-john-a-macdonald-school-be-renamed-saying-canada-s-first-pm-committed-genocide-/

Let the renaming start!

http://nationalpost.com/news/none-is-too-many-memorial-for-jews-turned-away-from-canada

Never hear about this chapter of Canadian history. Reading that article, I guess they'd better rename the public school I went to, named after Vincent Massey. Several other public schools named after him across the province as well.

Edited by revrnd

57 minutes ago, revrnd said:

https://www.durhamregion.com/news-story/7515350-teachers-call-for-pickering-s-sir-john-a-macdonald-school-be-renamed-saying-canada-s-first-pm-committed-genocide-/

Let the renaming start!

http://nationalpost.com/news/none-is-too-many-memorial-for-jews-turned-away-from-canada

Never hear about this chapter of Canadian history. Reading that article, I guess they'd better rename the public school I went to, named after Vincent Massey. Several other public schools named after him across the province as well.

Perhaps Wynnebag can pull a pharaoh and have him stricken from all records as if he never existed.

31 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

at some point all this renaming thing will become redundant

X2

Someone is going to be offended by something.

Rather than erasing history (or hiding the dark chapters). Wait, change that to unpleasant, dark may be a trigger word for someone. Maybe they could be used as teaching points?

Is this why the only thing I was taught in high school about Canada during WWI & WWII was the conscription crises of 1917 & 1944? 'We can't teach kids of German, Japanese & Italian descent (especially the kids who were 1st generation Canadian) that the Allies won the 2 World Wars?

MADD should join the chorus of erasing Sir John A from the history books because by all accounts he was a pisstank.

Then you have this idiocy from Trumpland:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/23/business/media/robert-lee-university-virginia-charlottesville.html?mcubz=3

6 minutes ago, revrnd said:

X2

Someone is going to be offended by something.

Rather than erasing history (or hiding the dark chapters). Wait, change that to unpleasant, dark may be a trigger word for someone. Maybe they could be used as teaching points?

Is this why the only thing I was taught in high school about Canada during WWI & WWII was the conscription crises of 1917 & 1944? 'We can't teach kids of German, Japanese & Italian descent (especially the kids who were 1st generation Canadian) that the Allies won the 2 World Wars?

MADD should join the chorus of erasing Sir John A from the history books because by all accounts he was a pisstank.

Then you have this idiocy from Trumpland:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/23/business/media/robert-lee-university-virginia-charlottesville.html?mcubz=3

We were taught Natives were vicious killers that sculpt people, when in fact whitey was the vicious killers.  Thanksgiving :lmao:

There is so much from Yesterday that wasn't truthful and we will never know.  Today history can't be changed or lied about in the same ways as in the past.

Just now, 1trailmaker said:

We were taught Natives were vicious killers that sculpt people, when in fact whitey was the vicious killers.  Thanksgiving :lmao:

There is so much from Yesterday that wasn't truthful and we will never know.  Today history can't be changed or lied about in the same ways as in the past.

That was elementary school. 

Ontario Parks better remove part of the exhibit @ the visitors centre in Samuel de Champlain. The way they describe  Father Jean de Brebeuf's death, it wasn't pleasant.

13 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Nobody wanted to be the native during a game of cowboys and indians.  What happened?

7 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Ontario Parks better remove part of the exhibit @ the visitors centre in Samuel de Champlain. The way they describe  Father Jean de Brebeuf's death, it wasn't pleasant.

Brebeuf was like a jehovah today selling their religion door to door, I am going to bet the Natives took great exception of him. 

Our history for the most part is Violent as fuck

11 minutes ago, revrnd said:

He got eaten bbq.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Brebeuf was like a jehovah today selling their religion door to door, I am going to bet the Natives took great exception of him. 

Our history for the most part is Violent as fuck

So missionaries don't have to worry anymore about being burned @ the stake.

I thought it was peaceful unlike the American west where the Cavalry (other than Custer) chased the Natives around the west.

(being sacastic)

I think the NW Rebellion was glossed over too.

But @ least the Mountie did chase that nasty gun toting American back across the border according the history minute on TV.

Edited by revrnd

4 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I thought it was peaceful unlike the American west where the Cavalry (other than Custer) chased the Natives around the west.

(being sacastic)

I think the NW Rebellion was glossed over too.

But @ least the Mountie did chase that nasty gun toting American back across the border according the history minute on TV.

One difference is we came to agreements and acknowledged some of our wrongs.

National Anthem "Our Home and NATIVE LAND"  has huge meaning IMO

I find some Native stuff very interesting

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

One difference is we came to agreements and acknowledged some of our wrongs.

National Anthem "Our Home and NATIVE LAND"  has huge meaning IMO

I find some Native stuff very interesting

Their artwork is pretty cool.  About the only art i can stomach.

Better change the name of Swastika to Snowflakeville.

That being said we have a Pequegnat clock that has been in the family since the early 50s. It was made before WWI & someone took it upon themselves to scribble over Berlin & print Kitchener on the face.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Arthur_Pequegnat_Clock_Company

Edited by revrnd

37 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Better change the name of Swastika to Snowflakeville.

That being said we have a Pequegnat clock that has been in the family since the early 50s. It was made before WWI & someone took it upon themselves to scribble over Berlin & print Kitchener on the face.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Arthur_Pequegnat_Clock_Company

cool story

I didn't realize Kitchener was named Berlin at one time...  I bet there is some meaning behind that person changing the name on the clock...

Edited by 1trailmaker

looking at some figures

United States 80.9% of Ontario exports

United States 56.7% import

Trump can cause some damage here

is Ontario a one trick pony like alberta?

Top Five International Exports, 2016 (%)

Motor vehicles & parts 36.6
Precious metals & stones  10.3
Mechanical equipment 9.7
Electrical machinery 3.7
Plastic products 3.6

Top Five International Imports, 2016 (%)

Motor vehicles & parts 22.1
Mechanical equipment 14.8
Electrical machinery 11.1
Plastic Products 3.9
Pharmaceutical products 3.7