Momorider

Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

1,093 posts in this topic

14064193_10157360952925607_3734728547047

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/09/08/premier-wynne-proroguing-legislature

TORONTO - Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne is proroguing the legislature so that her government can deliver a new throne speech Monday.

A speech from the throne is an opportunity for the Liberal government — with low approval ratings — to outline a new set of priorities less than two years away from the next provincial election.

Major pieces of legislation for the government’s previous priorities have already been passed, including ones to enable a cap-and-trade system and the partial sale of Hydro One.

All government bills are being kept active, including election finance reforms, but it’s not yet clear what will happen to private members’ bills.

The legislature had already been set to return on Monday, so no sitting days are being lost.

Wynne said Wednesday when asked about her upcoming legislative priorities that economic growth and job creation will continue to be a focus and that the government needs to find a way to address high electricity rates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the chickens are coming home to roost and Wynnebag is maybe just maybe starting to realize people are pissed with her pissing away $B's on needless waste

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night she said she recognises Ontarians are having a hard time paying their hydro bills. I'm surprised she didn't say, "But think of the children!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Last night she said she recognises Ontarians are having a hard time paying their hydro bills. I'm surprised she didn't say, "But think of the children!"

She does not realize how many businesses have already left from high utility costs.  Fuckin retard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

She does not realize how many businesses have already left from high utility costs.  Fuckin retard.

But it's for the children....

It's net zero....

It will only cost a tiny bit more in the short term but save lots in the long term.

My hydro bill has basically doubled from what it was the same time 4 or 5 years ago even though we haven't been home much this summer.

Edited by 02sled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, 02sled said:

But it's for the children....

It's net zero....

It will only cost a tiny bit more in the short term but save lots in the long term.

My hydro bill has basically doubled from what it was the same time 4 or 5 years ago even though we haven't been home much this summer.

One of my customers electricity bills have increased by more than 6 million per year and Corp (a 80 billion plus comp) has moved two lines to Mexico.  I am sure the dumb fuck libtards never saw it coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess she thinks electricity costs are the only problem. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

I guess she thinks electricity costs are the only problem. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

It's the one that a lot of people are being very vocal about as it is hitting virtually everyone

More than 8 per cent of Ontario households were in arrears with their electricity bills at the end of 2015, owing more than $172.5 million.

The Ontario Energy Board reports 566,902 homes were in arrears last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Ontario's Auditor General (AG) stated the province is overpaying by 3.5 times for solar power and over-paying twice as much for wind power; as a result, we are over-paying $9.2 billion on 20-year wind and solar power contracts.

The AG also stated from 2006-2014 we paid $37 billion in 'global adjustment fees' to accommodate this failed experiment, but it gets worse. From 2014 to 2032, Ontarians will have paid an additional $133 billion more in global adjustment fees and yes, Premier Kathleen Wynne is defending her record and is staying the course to produce more so-called green energy.

The truth is Ontario is over-producing electricity to the point that the Independent Electricity System Operator predicts, between 2015-2020, this province will have over- produced enough excess power to fully supply hydro to Nova Scotia for five years - while paying wind and solar farms not to produce power.

Due to Liberal policies, there are 571,000 households eligible to receive the Ontario energy support program, which gets added on our hydro bill.

Also the Ontario Energy Board reports 566,000 homes were in arrears last year and 60,000 homes got disconnected, and yes, you can expect a nice rate increase on Nov. 1, 2016, thanks to Wynne.

Also 38.6% of our bill is a delivery charge, 11.5% of our bill is HST/GST and 3% is our regulatory charge. Keep in mind Ontario is the only province in Canada to have the foregoing charges added to our power bill, which means 53.1% of our bill has nothing to do with how much hydro we use.

Then as mentioned above, our global adjustment fees are added to what we pay to produce hydro and the difference for what it is sold for and you no longer have to ask why we have the highest hydro rates in North America.

 

Note: Not my writing, found it in a newspaper article.

Edited by 2strokemerc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Last month hydro bill was 385.00 one month, I'm on actuals. This month is 325.00. My buddy in Quebec where everything is powered by hydro was 126 and 118, same months same usage....oh forgot to mention this includes his pool heater. My gas bill was 250....so last month was 635.00 hydro/gas, one month. I run the same type of pool.  We wonder people are leaving

Edited by Poncho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With my last hydro bill there was a notice to expect the billing to change from bimonthly to monthly. Good smoke screen on the part of Wynnebag. The bimonthly bill has doubled. By going monthly the amount due will be about what it used to be each time only now it will come 12 times a year instead of 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you guys really call it "hydro"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Do you guys really call it "hydro"?

Yep....its labeled Hydro One....doesn't matter what it's called....we are being fucked

Edited by Poncho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Do you guys really call it "hydro"?

It's been called hydro for years on this side of the border. Most of our power was hydroelectric before the nukes were built.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bimonthly for hydro for June/July was $293 even though we spent most of those months at the lake and the air conditioning was off when we weren't there. Stove and water heater are gas.

Most evenings there is one TV and one light bulb on in the living room and the rec room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, revrnd said:

It's been called hydro for years on this side of the border. Most of our power was hydroelectric before the nukes were built.

We call it saskpower out here....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too bad we can't use the running water to generate electricity more than we do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 8:54 PM, Momorider said:

 

You are not paying enough....be careful, Wynnebag will come looking for you......FYI, my bill would be much less if I didn't run the air and pool May thru October. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Poncho said:

You are not paying enough....be careful, Wynnebag will come looking for you......FYI, my bill would be much less if I didn't run the air and pool May thru October. 

 

I am paying about the same as you per month on Hydro.  Wife says its the A/C, I say its the damn dryer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw on the news that a guy is suing Hydro. His hydro was lost at the cottage near Kingston last October due to a fallen tree.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/ont-man-suing-over-electricity-charges-for-cottage-without-power-1.3061684

Last October, a tree fell on a power line leading to Kip Van Kempen’s cottage on Mazinaw Lake, north of Kingston, Ont. Hydro One crews came and cut the tree and disconnected the line but they were unable to repair the power line because of red tape and logistical issues. It took eight months for Hydro One to restore the electricity to the Ajax resident’s all-season cottage. When Van Kempen later received his electricity bill, he said he was stunned.

“At that point the smoke was coming out my ears,” he told CTV Toronto. “If you’re not providing it (electricity) to the building, because you snipped the wires to the building, then you’re not delivering it. How can you charge a delivery charge?”

Hydro One charged Van Kempen hundreds of dollars in delivery fees for the months his cottage was without electricity. The bill even shows his electricity usage per day during those months as zero. The delays in restoring power to the cottage were due in part to the lack of accessibility. Van Kempen’s cottage is only accessible by ATV or boat. He said he tried repeatedly, for months, to make repairs and secure the inspections needed to reconnect the power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Just saw on the news that a guy is suing Hydro. His hydro was lost at the cottage near Kingston last October due to a fallen tree.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/ont-man-suing-over-electricity-charges-for-cottage-without-power-1.3061684

Last October, a tree fell on a power line leading to Kip Van Kempen’s cottage on Mazinaw Lake, north of Kingston, Ont. Hydro One crews came and cut the tree and disconnected the line but they were unable to repair the power line because of red tape and logistical issues. It took eight months for Hydro One to restore the electricity to the Ajax resident’s all-season cottage. When Van Kempen later received his electricity bill, he said he was stunned.

“At that point the smoke was coming out my ears,” he told CTV Toronto. “If you’re not providing it (electricity) to the building, because you snipped the wires to the building, then you’re not delivering it. How can you charge a delivery charge?”

Hydro One charged Van Kempen hundreds of dollars in delivery fees for the months his cottage was without electricity. The bill even shows his electricity usage per day during those months as zero. The delays in restoring power to the cottage were due in part to the lack of accessibility. Van Kempen’s cottage is only accessible by ATV or boat. He said he tried repeatedly, for months, to make repairs and secure the inspections needed to reconnect the power.

He will get his money back I am betting, but on that note how much did it cost to repair the line?  10K?  who is paying for that? "delivery charges" Van will not pay one cent for the repairs to his lonely cottage........

just stating facts - think about it

 

We need to go back to the days of subsidized rates like our parents and Poncho, 02sled and other old as fuck people enjoyed for decades.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Poncho said:

You are not paying enough....be careful, Wynnebag will come looking for you......FYI, my bill would be much less if I didn't run the air and pool May thru October. 

are you Still drinking everyday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

are you Still drinking everyday?

are you still getting high everyday?

:lol:

Edited by ArcticCrusher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.