LGBTQ

• Platinum Contributing Member

Ok so I see they've added a letter.   Some places are adding 2 Q's on the end, one for "Queer" and one for "Questioning."

Here's my question.   What is the difference between lesbian, gay and queer?  I mean I get the chick on chick and dude on dude making lesbian and gay but couldn't they simplify things and get rid of L and G with the addition of Queer?   Why was "T" added in the first place because that speaks to "gender" not sexual orientation?  

Predict what will be the next letter added.  

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Ok so I see they've added a letter.   Some places are adding 2 Q's on the end, one for "Queer" and one for "Questioning."

Here's my question.   What is the difference between lesbian, gay and queer?  I mean I get the chick on chick and dude on dude making lesbian and gay but couldn't they simplify things and get rid of L and G with the addition of Queer?   Why was "T" added in the first place because that speaks to "gender" not sexual orientation?  

Why do you care?

Neal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Funny.....my wife and I were talking about that yesterday. U will be the next letter....u for unique, universal

42 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Why do you care?

Neal

Why do you care that I posted the question?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

IMO.  They are just trying to pull in as many people to associate with a group as possible.  Push society into thinking that this is a large group and needs a bigger voice.

Whatever the case is, it is working. Look at the rate of change for acceptance of their community over the last 20 years. It used to be physically nauseating for a big chunk of the country, now they are mostly accepted even if there are those who don’t like it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Why do you care?

Neal

One reason that I care is that its thrown at us from media outlets constantly. Gay C-list actors getting married is top headline material on Yahoo, MSN, etc. 

"We in the exclusive, self labeled lgbtq community wanted to be treated as equals and not be labeled or picked on." 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Lol I was thinking the same.....why does it matter?

Like this thread is so different than 9 out of 10 threads on here. :lol:  

31 minutes ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

They are all a bunch of flaming fuck whackos. I could give a fuck what they are called. I’ll stick with faggots thank you

Why would you want to lump them in with Republicans?