I think my first sled ride was in 1962 or 1963 or so on one of the original wood ski Skidogs, my first new sled was a 1977 Polaris SS340 Colt, I was 17, couple years after I bought 1979 Polaris TX 340.....40 years later I have another new sled on deck..2017 XCR800...time has flown by....

• Like 1

xmass morning  brand new 1972 kitty cat

then when I was 8 I got grandmas 72 292 lynx

then at 10 gramps old 73 440 puma

then at 11 a brand new 1980 blue 300 enticer.I road that thing till I was 19yrs old. then the debt that goes with the need for speed started

• Like 1

1965 10-5 ski-doo.. spent hours on that thing when i was a kid...

• Like 1

not my sled, but i had one just like it was my first,  i think it cost around 1200 new

Image result for 1969 ski-doo 16cc elan

Edited by toslow

52 minutes ago, toslow said:

not my sled, but i had one just like it was my first,  i think it cost around 1200 new

Image result for 1969 ski-doo 16cc elan

Those Elans were a lot of fun to ride when I was a kid. A buddy of mine went through all three of his Dads Elans by beating the crap out of them.

My first sled was an Elan too. A '71 250 single. We lived at the very edge of town on a dead end street and I circled the field next to the house about a million times.

Next was another Elan with the 250 Twin. Then a '73 292 Silver Bullet. I got a '79 ET300 for my 16th birthday. It was used but the former owner only put one tank of fuel through it. I rode that until I was 20 and my dad decided to sell all the sleds and buy a bigger camper to travel south in the winters.

My sister riding the Elan single and me on the Silver Bullet.

Old sleds.jpg

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

Me on my first sled. Only picture I have of it and not even sure what model it was but I wouldn't mind finding a nice restored one somewhere.

Anyone recognize the sled? 335 Nordic?

is_00081.jpg

Thanks to some Vintage guys on FakeBook it appears to be a 71 Nordic 399 or 640. Now I just need to see if I can find one.

• Like 1

first '70 12/3 Ski-doo that I bought in '75 with lawn mowing money for $150, next was a Tnt 340 which I bought, while not the same one I have a '72 Tnt 340 that I picked up off ebay

First one was an old bombi, don't know the year late 60's early 70's. 

Carb pointed right at your nuts, I'll never forget that first backfire!!😆

• Like 1

1969 ski whizz.  picture is not ours. Should ask mom to dig some old pics out, would be fun to look at them after all these years.003_zps4a4a9f37.jpg.0dc88e1ff7ebe6b7c6fbf97c40e10450.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎2016‎-‎11‎-‎07 at 5:20 PM, Blackstar said:

My first sled was an Elan too. A '71 250 single. We lived at the very edge of town on a dead end street and I circled the field next to the house about a million times.

Next was another Elan with the 250 Twin. Then a '73 292 Silver Bullet. I got a '79 ET300 for my 16th birthday. It was used but the former owner only put one tank of fuel through it. I rode that until I was 20 and my dad decided to sell all the sleds and buy a bigger camper to travel south in the winters.

My sister riding the Elan single and me on the Silver Bullet.

Old sleds.jpg

I remember 73 well when we got a silver bullet, coming off the one lung heavy ski whizz I thought nothing in world had more power than that ski doo..I was in heaven that winter...when it ran, which was about half the time. Turned out to be a big pain in the ass compared to the ever reliable massey.

I started out with a 1967 Alouette when I was 13 that my parents got for my brother and myself. Then we got a 1968 Alouette. After that it was all Polaris snowmobiles as I have a very good dealer and it's really hard to find a good dealer nowadays.

• Like 1