Tough Night

• Platinum Contributing Member

I know there a several pet lovers on here.  Just got word our 12 year old Golden has to be put to sleep tomorrow.  She has aggressive cancer - she had knee surgery a few years ago and her back end is really weak.  In the last week the symptoms have surfaced.  It’s sad.  But it’s time.  The vet wanted to do it tonight but we wanted the kids to have time to spend with her.  She’s the only pet they’ve ever known. 

62543B1A-FEC0-4754-B858-BE04753160A5.jpeg

• Sad 4

• Platinum Contributing Member

It is tough - especially for the kids.   My wife has an extensive animal background prolonged the visit as long as possible because we knew the potential diagnosis.  Doesn’t make it any easier.  Thought I’d share because I know many on here have pets and have shared similar stories.  

Edited by SnowRider

1 hour ago, Big Crappie said:

Damn sorry Snow. Been through it many times and it never gets easy.

True.   Our last boxer died at home in my arms.  It was actually a relief not having to make that drive to the vet with her.  It hurts like hell to put your dog down.  

“ if life was fair, that old dog would live forever.”  

Sorry to hear Snowrider. A day im certainly dreading with my current lab, I remember a few family dogs getting put down when I was younger and its certainly a very sad experience. ..

My parents are dogsitting for two weeks....I havent had the dog around for 2 days now and I miss him. They are like kids. I have had to bury a few now and its not fun but I get over it pretty quick. Everyone is different. I give it a few months and then look for another good boy.