What is this country coming to?

• Platinum Contributing Member

When you have to go to court to evict your own kid.   Fucking A.  :wtf::wall:

Man, 30, evicted from parents' home talks about custody battle for son that led to strained family relationship

A 30-year-old man who was ordered by a judge to vacate his parents’ New York home after living rent-free for nearly a decade said Tuesday his bitter custody battle for his son led to his strained relationship with his mother and father.

State Supreme Justice Donald Greenwood ruled it was time for the Michael Rotondo to move out of the Camillus home where his parents, Christina and Mark Rotondo, live. The parents brought their son to court after spending three months trying to kick him out, to no avail.

Rotondo, who dropped out of college because he "couldn't hack the math", opened up to the Daily Mail about his strained relationship with his parents that began after he lost custody of his son, whose name and age was not revealed. He didn’t say why he lost custody, but added he’s a “great father.”

The 30-year-old began living in the house about eight years ago, when his son was born and he lost his job. He now claims he runs a “successful business” – though hasn’t disclosed what business it is.

NEW YORK MAN, 30, IS ORDERED TO VACATE PARENTS' HOME AFTER REFUSING TO LEAVE FOR MONTHS

He said after losing the court battle in September, his parents told him he needed a job and health insurance if he was going to live under their roof. By then, Rotondo had filed an appeal as a “poor person” to get his court fees waived.

Rotondo refused his parents' request because he was focused on getting custody of his son. The couple offered to pay his health insurance, but he also turned down the money so his “poor person” status wouldn’t be compromised.

On Feb. 2, the parents penned their first note, saying Rotondo had two weeks to vacate his room and he “will not be allowed to return.” The couple added that they will do whatever it takes to get their adult son out of their house, CNYCentral reported.

Rotondo took the threat lightly, prompting his parents to write four more letters demanding him to move out. They attempted to provide incentives — including $1,100 to look for a new home, life advice and 30 days to vacate — before they filed a petition earlier this month in the Supreme Court of New York State to get their son kicked out.

Rotondo presented many arguments in court on Tuesday, saying he did his own laundry and brought food for himself. He also said he was never expected to do chores or contribute to household expenses.

He then argued he was entitled to a six-month notice before the move-out date. The judge called it “outrageous” and still ordered his immediate eviction, though a move-out date hasn’t been set yet.

"It seems to me like I should be provided with, you know, 30 days or so, because generally you get 30 days after you're found, you know, to have to vacate the premises," Rotondo told reporters. "So I'm expecting something like that. But realistically, if that's not the case, I don't know."

The determined son, who turns 31 in July, said he’s looking to appeal the decision.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/23/man-30-evicted-from-parents-home-talks-about-custody-battle-for-son-that-led-to-strained-family-relationship.html

https://y.yarn.co/dd835d22-ac81-4e43-ad28-14f5544c4e7f.mp4?1527084600204

Pathetic, its in a town a couple miles away, all over the local news.. One of my co-workers has a 42yr old son who wont get out of their house, has never had a driver license, not that is suspended, he is just to lazy to get one. 42 and cant drive a car or get a job..

3 minutes ago, favoritos said:

It is not easy to evict.  One of my biggest concerns with renters.  It is easy to fix stuff.  Getting rid of deadbeats, not so easy.

I could never deal with the hassle of long term rentals anymore, short term vacation properties, sure.

9 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Pathetic, its in a town a couple miles away, all over the local news.. One of my co-workers has a 42yr old son who wont get out of their house, has never had a driver license, not that is suspended, he is just to lazy to get one. 42 and cant drive a car or get a job..

I see it up and down my street. Kids that don’t leave. Divorced kids that come back. My next door neighbors are in their 80’s and their 50 something son lives with them after his divorce. Can’t find a job...c’mon man. Everyone is hiring around here - but he wants six figures with a skill set that comes up a bit short. :lol: 

22 minutes ago, Highmark said:

When you have to go to court to evict your own kid.   Fucking A.  :wtf::wall:

Man, 30, evicted from parents' home talks about custody battle for son that led to strained family relationship

A 30-year-old man who was ordered by a judge to vacate his parents’ New York home after living rent-free for nearly a decade said Tuesday his bitter custody battle for his son led to his strained relationship with his mother and father.

State Supreme Justice Donald Greenwood ruled it was time for the Michael Rotondo to move out of the Camillus home where his parents, Christina and Mark Rotondo, live. The parents brought their son to court after spending three months trying to kick him out, to no avail.

Rotondo, who dropped out of college because he "couldn't hack the math", opened up to the Daily Mail about his strained relationship with his parents that began after he lost custody of his son, whose name and age was not revealed. He didn’t say why he lost custody, but added he’s a “great father.”

The 30-year-old began living in the house about eight years ago, when his son was born and he lost his job. He now claims he runs a “successful business” – though hasn’t disclosed what business it is.

NEW YORK MAN, 30, IS ORDERED TO VACATE PARENTS' HOME AFTER REFUSING TO LEAVE FOR MONTHS

He said after losing the court battle in September, his parents told him he needed a job and health insurance if he was going to live under their roof. By then, Rotondo had filed an appeal as a “poor person” to get his court fees waived.

Rotondo refused his parents' request because he was focused on getting custody of his son. The couple offered to pay his health insurance, but he also turned down the money so his “poor person” status wouldn’t be compromised.

On Feb. 2, the parents penned their first note, saying Rotondo had two weeks to vacate his room and he “will not be allowed to return.” The couple added that they will do whatever it takes to get their adult son out of their house, CNYCentral reported.

Rotondo took the threat lightly, prompting his parents to write four more letters demanding him to move out. They attempted to provide incentives — including $1,100 to look for a new home, life advice and 30 days to vacate — before they filed a petition earlier this month in the Supreme Court of New York State to get their son kicked out.

Rotondo presented many arguments in court on Tuesday, saying he did his own laundry and brought food for himself. He also said he was never expected to do chores or contribute to household expenses.

He then argued he was entitled to a six-month notice before the move-out date. The judge called it “outrageous” and still ordered his immediate eviction, though a move-out date hasn’t been set yet.

"It seems to me like I should be provided with, you know, 30 days or so, because generally you get 30 days after you're found, you know, to have to vacate the premises," Rotondo told reporters. "So I'm expecting something like that. But realistically, if that's not the case, I don't know."

The determined son, who turns 31 in July, said he’s looking to appeal the decision.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/23/man-30-evicted-from-parents-home-talks-about-custody-battle-for-son-that-led-to-strained-family-relationship.html

https://y.yarn.co/dd835d22-ac81-4e43-ad28-14f5544c4e7f.mp4?1527084600204

Shouldn't the parents feel a sense of failure towards themselves as well?

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Possibly and probably likely they helped create his entitlement attitude.   Don't know the whole situation however and doesn't change the fact they shouldn't have to go to court to make their kid go out on his own......at 30.   

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I could never deal with the hassle of long term rentals anymore, short term vacation properties, sure.

Looked at short term properties.  Money potential is good, especially with the right market.  My problem is that all the work happens when I want to play.  I'm still too selfish to give up play time. 

1 minute ago, favoritos said:

Looked at short term properties.  Money potential is good, especially with the right market.  My problem is that all the work happens when I want to play.  I'm still too selfish to give up play time. 

Sounds familiar.......:bc:

6 minutes ago, favoritos said:

I did that with the cottage when I bought it to generate negative cash flow, after about 6 years I said fuck it and wanted it all to myself.  When I rebuild it in two years I might rent it out for a few weeks per year if it does not become a pain ($5K /week).  

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

I just saw this. I told my kids after they graduate college if they dont leave, I'm leaving. 

My kids have moved out and come back a few times. My boys each have moved back once. They're both out and not coming back. I expected my daughter would but so far she's surprised me. She's got her mother's independent streak.

6 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I did that with the cottage when I bought it to generate negative cash flow, after about 6 years I said fuck it and wanted it all to myself.  When I rebuild it in two years I might rent it out for a few weeks per year if it does not become a pain ($5K /week).  

We did that with our camp. I figured rent it out in the summer and fall. Use it for sledding in the winter. It sounded like a good plan. We try to spend all weekends there.:lol:

Edited by T1R9sledder
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What kind of "cottage" rents for $5k a week? :dunno: :lol:

Edited by GGNHL

13 minutes ago, T1R9sledder said:

My kids have moved out and come back a few times. My boys each have moved back once. They're both out and not coming back. I expected my daughter would but so far she's surprised me. She's got her mother's independent streak.

I was 100% on my own at age 18. It was fucking hard but I got my own place, own car and paid my own bills. I had no credit, no credit card so just getting an apartment was hard as hell. Try getting a nice apartment when you are 18 with no credit. I lived in some dumps. :lol: Luckily I had a good union job and made plenty of money. 

15 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

What kind of "cottage" rents for $5k a week? :dunno: :lol:

It’s Canadian funny money.....less than a grand/week here :lmao: 

ArcticPhony is such a fucking embellisher/braggart.....type of guy who’d get boot-stomped on most sledding trips. 

11 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I was 100% on my own at age 18. It was fucking hard but I got my own place, own car and paid my own bills. I had no credit, no credit card so just getting an apartment was hard as hell. Try getting a nice apartment when you are 18 with no credit. I lived in some dumps. :lol: Luckily I had a good union job and made plenty of money. 

17 for me.   I was living large.  Had to leave my first apartment......It was turning into a drug and gambling den. I got to go to work fuckers!  :lmao:

52 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yup,   It starts with being a buddy to your kid and then when your child gets older they are calling the shots.

Friend of ours was just telling her 20 year old daughter. You will be working full time or going to school if you want to continue living here.  It will not be pleasant for you.

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

17 for me.   I was living large.  Had to leave my first apartment......It was turning into a drug and gambling den. I got to go to work fuckers!  :lmao:

Yup,   It starts with being a buddy to your kid and then when your child gets older they are calling the shots.

Friend of ours was just telling her 20 year old daughter. You will be working full time or going to school if you want to continue living here.  It will not be pleasant for you.

Yep.  :lol:

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Possibly and probably likely they helped create his entitlement attitude.   Don't know the whole situation however and doesn't change the fact they shouldn't have to go to court to make their kid go out on his own......at 30.   

What are the alternatives? 

8 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

What are the alternatives? 

Grow a set of balls? 

Going to court or calling police to deal with the monster you created. :lmao: