Trump erupts

1 minute ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

well its just has dirt behind it. Does have a poured 4 ft. deep base tho

I build it on a slant, then stop every couple of rows and pour stone and mortar behind it, then some backfill dirt after that sets up. then i continue on with more rows.

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I build it on a slant, then stop every couple of rows and pour stone and mortar behind it, then some backfill dirt after that sets up. then i continue on with more rows.

Very nice. Here is a closer pic of one wall

BFC3BC4F-4E56-40C7-BAA4-98EDE00D3174.jpeg

43 minutes ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

don't live there.. sorry about your luck. maybe someday you will be successful but I don't see that happening.. fucking loser

l89feec43-m2x.jpg

Nice place

:bc:

Your thread sucks tho 

31 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

How high are you building it?

• Platinum Contributing Member
28 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

dont forget about drainage..you get some stagnant water behind it in a january thaw and then a february freeze it will push it right over.  

14 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Nice place

:bc:

Your thread sucks tho 

:lol:

9 minutes ago, T1R9sledder said:

How high are you building it?

the one i'm doing now is about 3'. others i've done were 4-5, along the side of our house on an incline'. the first time i made these things i just used dirt behind the slanted stones. voles made a damn condo out of them, moving alot of the dirt around and making the wall unstable. so i'm doing it better this time. i also put several long rods of re-bar behind them, deep in the ground, and they're enclosed in mortar as well.

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

dont forget about drainage..you get some stagnant water behind it in a january thaw and then a february freeze it will push it right over.  

no worries, still alot of places for drainage. :bc:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

the one i'm doing now is about 3'. others i've done were 4-5, along the side of our house on an incline'. the first time i made these things i just used dirt behind the slanted stones. voles made a damn condo out of them, moving alot of the dirt around and making the wall unstable. so i'm doing it better this time. i also put several long rods of re-bar behind them, deep in the ground, and they're enclosed in mortar as well.

we have a massive amount of snakes that live in the wall. I see snake skin quite often and some are huge!

Sounds like you have a good handle on it. I built one from granite blocks a few years ago. I back filled it with dirt and rock. Voles have not been a problem.

Just now, ATOMIC PUNK said:

we have a massive amount of snakes that live in the wall. I see snake skin quite often and some are huge!

yeah i see them on occasion too. the more the better. less voles. i was gathering some of the leftover stone for this new wall last weekend and lifted a rock and there sat a cool looking, large snake. think it was a milk snake.

Just now, T1R9sledder said:

Sounds like you have a good handle on it. I built one from granite blocks a few years ago. I back filled it with dirt and rock. Voles have not been a problem.

i wish i had purchased more flat rock. but the supplier was out and i was in a hurry. some of this stuff is unusable.

i wish i had purchased more flat rock. but the supplier was out and i was in a hurry. some of this stuff is unusable.

I didn't have purchase my stones I re-purposed an old fire place. 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

The usint community has shown themselves to be 100% corrupt and violating our rights daily and you want to give them the power to surveil our highest office without justification. Give your head a shake 

No more corrupt than politicians.  Smoke em all out.

Wipe your ass, it smells.

Neal

6 hours ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

"if we spied its a good thing"

WTF is this country coming to..

Just another narrative floated by the leftists that is going to go down in flames like all the others.

2 hours ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

Noooo. The original owner did. all quarry stoneand thanks for the compliment

Nice stuff.  The guy who built the house we just bought spent 10 years on his stone walls, same look as yours.  But he was a pretty good mason just the same.  Over 100 feet from one end of our patio to the other.  NFW would I ever want to attempt a project like that  :bc: 

732D3423-B57C-4F77-B142-EA077126F09B.jpeg

6896D4B5-BCE6-4571-AEC0-948F2041EB68.jpeg

C29A36B1-AC18-4963-8CF7-2751AD644613.jpeg

Edited by DriftBusta

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Just another narrative floated by the leftists that is going to go down in flames like all the others.

Nice stuff.  The guy who built the house we just bought spent 10 years on his stone walls, same look as yours.  But he was a pretty good mason just the same.  Over 100 feet from one end of our patio to the other.  NFW would I ever want to attempt a project like that  :bc: 

Very nice.

if I was 20 years younger I might attempt it. Now I’d just rather have someone else do it cause I’d probably have a heart attack lol