12,000 student deaths.

31 minutes ago, racer254 said:

List the private catholic school shootings. 

Well does God only spare catholics? Plenty of church shootings.  :news:

3 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Intercessory prayer has been shown to work no better than chance.

Neal

I’m not a religious person but you clearly lack understanding of what prayer is. It doesn’t “fix anything”. 

22 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Chicago is one of the safest large cities. But Obama has connections there so the cunts scream about it being unsafe. 

No, the dead bodies kinda do it for me....

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

Well does God only spare catholics? Plenty of church shootings.  :news:

Just list the private catholic school shootings.  Since we are talking about schools and prayer, those are the only places that teach k-12 and 100% to say prayers that we can all agree on.  So list the shootings.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Just list the private catholic school shootings.  Since we are talking about schools and prayer, those are the only places that teach k-12 and 100% to say prayers that we can all agree on.  So list the shootings.

Our prayers are our only defense.

6 hours ago, Snake said:

You were a lot more fun before when you used this bit sparingly.

Now you just come across as bitter.

Bitter and a bit of an idiot.  Although, to be fair, I’ve always kinda thought he was an idiot.

:lol:

40 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Violence (not just mass shootings) is actually relatively close when public and private schools are compared, withing a couple percentage points of being the victim of a crime, or being assulted by another student.  From that we can show that praying (to keep kids safe from harm) doesn't seem to work much better than schools without forced prayers of students.

Neal

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

I'm talking about thoughts and prayers faggot. And now you want to control the narrative because your argument won't work if you don't. 

41 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I'm talking about thoughts and prayers faggot. And now you want to control the narrative because your argument won't work if you don't. 

We all see what you thought you wanted to do.  When asked a serious question, you tuck tail and back peddle.  I asked you to prove your position and you failed.  Get better bait.

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

I mean, maybe God figured the Catholic kids get the priests and public school kids get the shootings.

Weird how God chose to have the Catholic boys only get raped instead of letting them get shot. Weird...

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

What research?

I don't dispute, I'm just just curious.  :bc:

Neal

Watch the documentary by Dave Cullen.   It discusses how the MSM falsely pushed the narrative that the Columbine killers were bullied.  Their victims alone starkly contrast that narrative.  Unfortunately the media is always going to look for an excuse and bullying is the easiest and most newsworthy.   What's interesting about a normal, everyday did who just so happen to have mental issues shooting up a school?   But a picked on bullied kid....now that will sell.  

Updated with more for @NaturallyAspirated

https://www.davecullen.com/

https://www.vox.com/2014/11/3/7132879/school-shooting-facts

Think school shooters are usually bullied and unpopular? You're wrong.

But Dave Cullen, author of Columbine, the definitive book on the 1999 Columbine High School shooting in Colorado, says those stereotypes were never true to begin with.

"Everybody knows who commits these kind of murders. They're outcasts, typically goth or other sorts of kids that dress funny and live on the fringes," Cullen said. "That's well known. It's also wrong."

When you examine the social and family lives of some of these teenagers, it quickly becomes clear that there is no one profile of a school shooter.

http://www.apa.org/monitor/2017/11/conversation-langman.aspx

What are the most common myths about school shooters?

Perhaps the most important misperception is that school shooters are victims of bullying. Not that that's never true, but its significance has been vastly overblown. Another myth is that mostly juveniles commit these crimes. People in my research are ages 11 to 62, with most of them being adults.

Also, girls can pull a trigger just like boys. Yes, it's less common, but you can't dismiss it as an impossibility. Based on a 50-year review, 95.3 percent of the perpetrators were male and 4.7 percent female.

Another misunderstanding is that school shooters are loners, outsiders who no one talks to. But many school shooters are not isolated. In 2014, for example, a 15-year-old in Washington state, Jaylen Fryberg, became a school shooter a week after he was voted homecoming prince. He was one of the most popular kids in his grade.

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

We all see what you thought you wanted to do.  When asked a serious question, you tuck tail and back peddle.  I asked you to prove your position and you failed.  Get better bait.

I don't think you do. Are you saying thoughts and prayers prevent shootings at Catholic schools? :lol:

I am saying they don't do shit anywhere for anything but I can't disprove your claim so I guess you're right.  :lol:

11 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I was there two weekends ago. Dead bodies laying all around millennium park. I stepped over at least 15. 

I was there today, didn't see one dead body,