Here's How America's Biggest Companies Are Spending Their Trump Tax Cuts (It's Not on New Jobs)

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I like how noggin and ben are doing the waltz with each other, careful not to step on each other's feet, despite the fact they're miles apart from each other on many topics. it's kind of cute. noggin, pretend Hillary was president and all this stuff was happening. grow some balls, eh?

Its called civility.   You should try it you might gain some respect around here.  What was I thinking....Ben civil......:lol:  

Edited by Highmark

14 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

No it makes the one percenters even wealthier. Only 40% of working Americans have a retirement plan. 

The 60% that dont  will become dependent on the government to exist when their bodies give up working. 

You will pay for that AND the 1.2 trillion tax cut loan Uncle Donald borrrowed on your back not mine.

But why the fuck do I care right? 

Only 1%'s are exposed to the markets, OK. :lol:

People are either responsible for their own futures or they will expect handouts from the government, nothing Trump does or any other Pres can change that.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

“Rapidly picked up after the election”

:lol:

no more needs to be said. The tax cuts aren’t doing shit for wages or demand. All it is doing is making the previously profitable businesses more money. Remember, the ones you cried about making too much money under obama?

I can tell you without a doubt the election had immediate impact.   Our revenue numbers were NOT trending up until after the election.  Now I'm not saying 100% of the increase had to do with it but you are an idiot if you did not see the changes in attitude in the private sector after the election.   You can go back and look at posts in here.   I was not the only one seeing it.

Which companies did I cry about making too much money under Obama?

10 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

right up until everything crashes again and it disappears in a flash. the middle class needs bigly wage increases now, not a few points in their 401ks that may, may not, be there later. or are you advocating people using 401k money to buy things now?

Those are the fools that sell in a crash.  You should not be in equities unless you have more than a 5 year timeline, better 10 and you will be fine.

Graphic

18 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

No it makes the one percenters even wealthier. Only 40% of working Americans have a retirement plan. 

The 60% that dont  will become dependent on the government to exist when their bodies give up working. 

You will pay for that AND the 1.2 trillion tax cut loan Uncle Donald borrrowed on your back not mine.

But why the fuck do I care right? 

No group in maybe the history of the US did better than the top .1% did under Obama.  :lol:   

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I can tell you without a doubt the election had immediate impact.   Our revenue numbers were NOT trending up until after the election.  Now I'm not saying 100% of the increase had to do with it but you are an idiot if you did not see the changes in attitude in the private sector after the election.   You can go back and look at posts in here.   I was not the only one seeing it.

Which companies did I cry about making too much money under Obama?

You are trying to have a constructive discussion with a partisan hack.:lol:

Ain't gonna happen.

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Its called civility.   You should try it you might gain some respect around here.  What was I thinking....Ben civil......:lol:  

no, it's called being a pussy. they'd both be going batshit crazy about all this stuff that trump is doing if it were Hillary.

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

no, it's called being a pussy. they'd both be going batshit crazy about all this stuff that trump is doing if it were Hillary.

For the most part both of them HATE Trump and the things he's doing.   

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

I'm all for legalizing pot but you want workers stoned on the job?

How does legalizing pot make people smoke pot on the job? This is the kind of shit uniformed people and irrational reactionaries say. Booze is legal does that mean you want employees drinking on the job? Cigarettes are legal does that mean you want people smoking on the job? Prescription pain killers are legal, does that mean you want people taking oxy on the job? So if pot becomes legal that automatically makes people smoke pot? on the job? As an employer you have zero control over your employees? 

14 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

“Rapidly picked up after the election”

no more needs to be said. The tax cuts aren’t doing shit for wages or demand. All it is doing is making the previously profitable businesses more money. Remember, the ones you cried about making too much money under obama?

I'm simply commenting on the narrative  Pushed in America that pot smoking does not impair someone.   Look at the comments Vince made about people claiming they did not feel yet impacted their ability to work

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'm simply commenting on the narrative  Pushed in America that pot smoking does not impair someone.   Look at the comments Vince made about people claiming they did not feel yet impacted their ability to work

Have you ever smoked weed?

34 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

I’m my experience it effects people differently. Some can’t remember their name or become paranoid while high and others find it helps them focus. 

56 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

How does legalizing pot make people smoke pot on the job? This is the kind of shit uniformed people and irrational reactionaries say. Booze is legal does that mean you want employees drinking on the job? Cigarettes are legal does that mean you want people smoking on the job? Prescription pain killers are legal, does that mean you want people taking oxy on the job? So if pot becomes legal that automatically makes people smoke pot? on the job? As an employer you have zero control over your employees? 

Good to see someone fucking gets it

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I’m my experience it effects people differently. Some can’t remember their name or become paranoid while high and others find it helps them focus. 

And for those with a DVD it keeps them from jumping out of their skin

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

I can only imagine how skidmark runs his business...

"you there, let me take a hair sample. I know you were at a rock concert last night."

Edited by Snoslinger

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I can only imagine how skidmark runs his business...

"you there, let me take a hair sample. I know you were at a rock concert last night."

No its more like the day after pot legalization all of his employees show up to work with joints in their pockets and a bong. They start smoking up the place and are like, "Its fucking legal, nothing you can do!!!!"

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Once.   Traded some basketball players weed for Colt 45 did nothing but give me a headache  p

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

So how would you know anything about it?

Well he's never been to Iran but he knows all about that. Why should this be any different? 

13 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Lmao.

I don't even have to try that hard. You dbags just walk right into it.

So let's be clear you can't know about weed without smoking but you can know about being black while being the whitest of the white?

Brilliant! :lol:

Edited by washedupmxer
  • Haha 1