Look out Rod Johnson....

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

900 plus pounds of torque I don't blame you.   I've been trying to convince myself I need one for my 8 mile commute to work.  No one's buying it.  :lol:  

Were headed to bc at the end of the month for a week or so...we shall see how she pulls the new trailer in the mountains.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Pathetic joke.  

So if you and your buddy were loaded to the gills and headed up into the hills to camp and recreate you wouldn't stand on the pedal to see whos truck would out pull the other?  

Absofuckinglutely!!!!!1111

26 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

So its just a low compression truck motor?  I wasn't paying alotta attention, thought they were pumping it up like some hipo motor.  I thought the Raptors were rated 450 hp at least down here.  :dunno: 

Yeah, at least the 2018 Raptors are 450hp and I think 510 tq.

Im just starting the new truck buying process right now. Chevy and Ram are coming out with new shit for 2019. And Ford got a refresh for 2018. Not sure Id be interested in a 7.0L Ford though.....

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

No! :lol:

Recreate? Wtf??? :lol:

I can just imagine my wife screaming bloody murder at me as the pots and pans are flying around in the back.  :lol:  

I was generally impressed with how my Bro's Ford V10 motorhome climbed the Coquihalla.  Just chugged it's way up pretty effortlessly, I passed a ton of pickups pulling trailers.    :wind:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

No! :lol:

Recreate? Wtf??? :lol:

Recreate.  As in Recreational Vehicle.  As in have fun in the woods and mountains.  As in play and party with family and friends.  

recreate 

rec·re·ate
to refresh by means of relaxation and enjoyment, as restore physically or mentally. verb (used without object), recreatedrecreating. 2. meaning to amuse oneself with an activity
  • Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, sledderj said:

I can just imagine my wife screaming bloody murder at me as the pots and pans are flying around in the back.  :lol:  

I was generally impressed with how my Bro's Ford V10 motorhome climbed the Coquihalla.  Just chugged it's way up pretty effortlessly, I passed a ton of pickups pulling trailers.    :wind:

The Coquihalla is the road featured on that Highway Through Hell show correct? Looks like that baby can get nasty.

1 hour ago, Legend said:

Yeah, at least the 2018 Raptors are 450hp and I think 510 tq.

Im just starting the new truck buying process right now. Chevy and Ram are coming out with new shit for 2019. And Ford got a refresh for 2018. Not sure Id be interested in a 7.0L Ford though.....

Good deals on Silverados right now, our at least there was last week...

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The Coquihalla is the road featured on that Highway Through Hell show correct? Looks like that baby can get nasty.

http://www.dangerousroads.org/north-america/usa/3326-find-your-road.html

9 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

The existing 6.8L V10 is pathetic in the motorhomes.  GM has been completely absent from the motorhome game for 9 years.  Fords have only just now caught up with the HP, TQ and Transmission that GM had in 2002.  I can line my old 2002 Itasca up against any Ford powered F53 chassis coach and embarrass them beyond comprehension.  My old beater weights 8000 more than my brothers 2016 Thor V10 Ford and I will embarrass him in every measure of performance.  He has every performance upgrade available from 5 Star Tune and he just barely keeps up when he is empty.  Add a little weight to him to get us close to the same GVWR and the old 8.1/Allison stomps a mud hole in him every single time.  

Ford really needs to up their game in the RV's.  

8.1 with the Allison is an awesome setup. I had a long bed extended cab GMC with one. It would turn up the gears just rolling down the road. Wickedfun truck.

8 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Good deals on Silverados right now, our at least there was last week...

Yeah I was going to wait for the 19s, but a local dealer has a blacked out LTZ Midnight edition or some shit. I might go drive it.

10 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Recreate.  As in Recreational Vehicle.  As in have fun in the woods and mountains.  As in play and party with family and friends.  

recreate 

rec·re·ate
to refresh by means of relaxation and enjoyment, as restore physically or mentally. verb (used without object), recreatedrecreating. 2. meaning to amuse oneself with an activity

That word isnt in nook dictionary. 

10 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah.  The road itself isn't bad, just really long grades to pull and brake going down.  No big deal in the summer if you have a good rig.  Winter is a different story though.  :bc:  

32 minutes ago, sledderj said:

Yeah.  The road itself isn't bad, just really long grades to pull and brake going down.  No big deal in the summer if you have a good rig.  Winter is a different story though.  :bc:  

Yeah they focus mostly on the winter time.

12 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

recreate 

rec·re·ate

Consider your audience, Gnomeo. :lol:  

:bc:  

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

What is the base of the first word in RV?  

Good point!

57 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

PS.  Americans don't use the word all that much either.  :bc: 

:bc: