Homeless stats

39 minutes ago, f7ben said:

If I had to guess I'd say the 2020's will see AI born and the end of life as we know it 

Spend your 401k now!!!!!!

27 minutes ago, f7ben said:

If I had to guess I'd say the 2020's will see AI born and the end of life as we know it 

We already have basic AI, do you have a qualification for what AI would to be born that could do what you forsee?  Do you know of any groups working on it?

I'm not a huge AI buff, but from my view we seem to be trudging slowly through AI.  Remember Deep Blue? It's been 20 years since we had a computer beat a chess champion.  I guess I'm a bit underwhelmed at the speed we have grown from there.

Neal

20 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

We already have basic AI, do you have a qualification for what AI would to be born that could do what you forsee?  Do you know of any groups working on it?

I'm not a huge AI buff, but from my view we seem to be trudging slowly through AI.  Remember Deep Blue? It's been 20 years since we had a computer beat a chess champion.  I guess I'm a bit underwhelmed at the speed we have grown from there.

Neal

AI may not be a trigger. Social conditions could do it first. 

AI will, however, guarantee the death of capitalism barring a precedent social uprising. 

Inevitable. 

Edited by motonoggin

50 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

AI may not be a trigger. Social conditions could do it first. 

AI will, however, guarantee the death of capitalism barring a precedent social uprising. 

Inevitable. 

I would agree that social conditions would end it far before AI will.

I don't see a huge threat from AI in the near future, say 30 years, but that is a bit of an unknown quantity.

Neal

18 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Amazon selling facial recognition software to local LEO agencies. That shit is so fucking far past fucked its incomprehensible 

Isn't Google doing an AI military drone?

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

I saw something about that. 

Are there no leaders public or private anywhere in this world that have a fucking conscience ??????