509 Helmet Fidlock users?

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I have been running a Shoei vfx and Dragon goggles for 3 seasons now, best set up I have found for me. I had 2 509, they both really hurt my ears the following days. Fly I liked, but my dog ate it, and my hjc was friggin heavy as hell. 

I loved my Shoei's in my AMA racing and riding days.  Looking at them now just not sure of their open face models.  Good to hear!  :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Zambroski said:

I loved my Shoei's in my AMA racing and riding days.  Looking at them now just not sure of their open face models.  Good to hear!  :bc:

It's a good helmet, no issues with fit, comfort, or quality

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

What series end classes did you ride?

14 minutes ago, s pump said:

What series end classes did you ride?

Raced AM 600/750 in small regional events.  Nothing too fancy.  Just kind of a "come if you want to race" deal and pay track fees.  Weekend warriors strutting their stuff.  Kinda like the "CORE" series sled racing.  

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Raced AM 600/750 in small regional events.  Nothing too fancy.  Just kind of a "come if you want to race" deal and pay track fees.  Weekend warriors strutting their stuff.  Kinda like the "CORE" series sled racing.  

Cool. What bikes?

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

Yeah, I've always been one to be able to make whatever work but my last helmet was a Fox moto.  I fought fit and goggle issues with it for two seasons before I simple just gave up.  This is a unique sport that simply just trying a helmet on in the summer only shows the comfort.  The real test is out in -20 windchill.  By then....it's all too late.  That's why I'm so hesitant to switch brands.  My 509 fits pretty well and they've done a good job matching goggle design to them.  Still, I always wonder if a different brand could work better.  

I miss the ease of helmet fitting of my bike days.  If it feels good at the store, good to go on the road/track!

Plug/tape up the vents from the inside and man up with some tape on your face.

39 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Except the AMA events were probably well run and somewhat on schedule for the race day stuff...

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

What do you use for a breath box?  

I have a 509 breath box, and Dragon optics goggles. I like the Dragon goggles, they really sit back in the helmet will the way the srtap is way off the front of the goggles and lots of foam for a good seal

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Plug/tape up the vents from the inside and man up with some tape on your face.

Except the AMA events were probably well run and somewhat on schedule for the race day stuff...

I already tape up all the vents from the inside.  Point is, a better fitting lid and goggles solve having to mummify ones head with duct tape with rewraps at every stop.

Bold:  Yeahhh....no. :lol: Plus, throw in about 30% of the people just wanting to "see what racing is like" and BAM...FUCK FACE CITY!!!!    I'm pretty much convinced at this point in my liffe that race organization in all motorsports is nothing better than a controlled shit-show.   Although...I've never seen anything like the ERX Red Bull Boundaries race.  NEVER.  That was epic shit-show levels at which I still drop my jaw over.  They should have limited entries.

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

I have a 509 breath box, and Dragon optics goggles. I like the Dragon goggles, they really sit back in the helmet will the way the srtap is way off the front of the goggles and lots of foam for a good seal

:bc:

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I already tape up all the vents from the inside.  Point is, a better fitting lid and goggles solve having to mummify ones head with duct tape with rewraps at every stop.

Bold:  Yeahhh....no. :lol: Plus, throw in about 30% of the people just wanting to "see what racing is like" and BAM...FUCK FACE CITY!!!!    I'm pretty much convinced at this point in my liffe that race organization in all motorsports is nothing better than a controlled shit-show.   Although...I've never seen anything like the ERX Red Bull Boundaries race.  NEVER.  That was epic shit-show levels at which I still drop my jaw over.  They should have limited entries.

:bc:

Snow Boundries was a mess, and they definitely didn't do a good job of controlling the amateur racers during the warm-up lap.

I'd be curious to know how many of those sleds were turned in to insurance after that race.  

7 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Snow Boundries was a mess, and they definitely didn't do a good job of controlling the amateur racers during the warm-up lap.

I'd be curious to know how many of those sleds were turned in to insurance after that race.  

Yeah...there was just a bit more than a few "rubs" during that shit. 

Still, shame they don't do it every year.  I was astonished they didn't do another last year.  How could that NOT have been profitable.  FUCK!  Every Ricky Racer over three states showed up!  :lol:

Just now, Zambroski said:

Yeah...there was just a bit more than a few "rubs" during that shit. 

Still, shame they don't do it every year.  I was astonished they didn't do another last year.  How could that NOT have been profitable.  FUCK!  Every Ricky Racer over three states showed up!  :lol:

I heard a number of what it cost to put it on, and it is very easy to see why they didn't do it a second year.  

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

had a HS buddy who did that for years,  he actually dropped by Friday as he was fixing a light pole on my street.  think he said he hasn't ridden the gsxr750 he still has in about 10 years now  

I've run a 509 with aviator goggles for the past 5 years. Except on the coldest days it was great.

Had goggle issues and borrowed a BV2s. Great helmet but fuck having a gorilla on my head. Before 100 miles it felt like I was hung over.

Going new this year. I'll buy whatever Bhen doesn't recommend.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

I've run a 509 with aviator goggles for the past 5 years. Except on the coldest days it was great.

Had goggle issues and borrowed a BV2s. Great helmet but fuck having a gorilla on my head. Before 100 miles it felt like I was hung over.

Going new this year. I'll buy whatever Bhen doesn't recommend.

I recommend a stock sidewinder with an MX style helmet and 509 goggles

Diehard Yamaha fanboy. Raves about his arctic cat procross abortion and it mind blowing stock power :lol:

faggot doesnt even begin to describe the snake sledding experience

17 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Diehard Yamaha fanboy. Raves about his arctic cat procross abortion and it mind blowing stock power :lol:

faggot doesnt even begin to describe the snake sledding experience

Because I have a zero bars/miles ridden ratio?

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

Because I have a zero bars/miles ridden ratio?

Yes....that is as gay as it gets. It's like a willieblower centipede doing the macarena gay

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yes....that is as gay as it gets. It's like a willieblower centipede doing the macarena gay

I'd disable your sled and let you ride bitch back to the car if I ever saw a loser like you on the trails.