How many of you were around HCS when it 1st started?

ckf

6 minutes ago, Doos said:

Think I joined HCS in 03, can't log in to see.

The Michigan forum was awesome, made some good friends and had a few good rides. 

One of the FS guys started SledMI.com. it was very active for a while.I'm not sure whatever happened to him. The site is still up, but you get a database error when you try to open a thread.

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, ckf said:

One of the FS guys started SledMI.com. it was very active for a while.I'm not sure whatever happened to him. The site is still up, but you get a database error when you try to open a thread.

Jamie and he lives somewhere around Houghton/Hancock I believe.....not sure what is up with his site.

• Gold Member

Bigums came from my old nickname/alter ego. Kivalo it's bastardized Hungarian for Brilliant. It's comes from the s/v Brilliant out of Mystic CT. She is a 61ft schooner I honed my sailing skills on.

6 hours ago, ckf said:

How many of you remember when HCS first started out and looked like this? Full page at this link  https://web.archive.org/web/20030719063357/http://hardcoresledder.com/

Capture.JPG

December 2002, my handle was F7Skullcat

4 hours ago, ckf said:

it all fell apart because of the photo-shopped wedding pic.

I have that pic somewhere, it's a true classic :bc:

Skullcat2.jpg

35 minutes ago, ckf said:

ZRT, he was an active member here for a while.

• Platinum Contributing Member
34 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Jamie and he lives somewhere around Houghton/Hancock I believe.....not sure what is up with his site.

8 minutes ago, Doos said:

Yep...somebody on HCS said they emailed him recently about the site not working but he didn't respond.

6 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

heh-heh, I know who did it

61214115.jpg

I joined HCS in 2007 when I was 15 so missed out on the real fun times, and I wouldnt have been old enough to appreciate them anyways. :lol:

Forgot my login info so rejoined as ITS85Rider in 2008 and mostly gave out trail advice in the Maine forum after CE shut down. That place was all just RWW and one token liberal so not nearly as interesting as here. :lol:

Edited by GGNHL

9 hours ago, Doos said:

That's the name. I knew his name was Jamie but couldn't remember his screen name.

9 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Yep...somebody on HCS said they emailed him recently about the site not working but he didn't respond.

It's odd because he was quite active on FS and then disappeared.

14 hours ago, DAVE said:

Ive been banned from hcs since sometime in 2013.

thats because you were, and still are, a troll moron.  Pretty straightforward. 

14 hours ago, ckf said:

I know that a lot of people thought Rob was mad when Dan sold it to VS and made a boat load of money. I can say without a doubt that isn't the case. Rob truly didn't care about or need the money when he sold it. He had a very successful aerial photography at the time. He knew he could have sold it for more than he did but he didn't care and just wanted to be rid of the headaches. Anyone want to guess who was in the middle of the mess that caused him to sell it? 

Nothing caused Rob to sell anything except Rob.  I just didn't like having a wedding picture of my wife altered and disrespected, yeah, it pissed me off, so what?  Most normal men would have been pissed off it it was their wifes wedding picture flaunted all over the internet, and with more than just a boys head on her body too.  Many threads were started, and it generated a lot of conversation.  Not a hard concept to grasp.  Rob wrestled with and got stress over things, instead of just getting rid of the troublemakers.  To assign blame or cause on me is ridiculous.  He had a great thing, and if his head was screwed on right, he would still have a nice little business.  Instead, he almost had a nervous breakdown over it and offered it to me or Dan to purchase.  At the time, I didn't have any interest in baby sitting for some of these guys, particularly since I banged heads with some of them. I also didn't want to be in the middle of anything, despite the fact that after all this time, some of you idiots still keep bringing up my name.....talk about obsessed.    Dan cashed in, good for Dan. :bc:  And the latest thing was I just thought knew Zoso was trouble and bad business, as did many others, so yeah sure....... thats all my fault that I had an opinion, that you guys finally figured out was correct.  Ridiculous.  Rob got all wound over a simple decision than would have been easy for any normal person to make.  Other than Zoso, there are just a few others, who are just annoying trolls that some of us on TBP have no interest in interacting with, like the guy above who still seems to mention my name every 3rd post.  Jesus man.  Get over it.  Move on.  Everyone else has.

But sure CKF, keep bringing up my name.  If I wanted the attention, I'd be here daily rolling around with some.  My advice to you is the same as the other guy and in bold.  

PS:  The original name "hardcore sledder" and "mileage psycho" came from me in 1998 and after meeting and riding with Rob and Denny in Quebec.  That knowledge and a buck fifty gets me a cup of coffee.

11 hours ago, ckf said:

Some one replaced Mark's wife with a boy in his wedding photo that he had posted on HCS. Kind of a stupid reason to cause so many problems when looking back on it.

Agreed!  But it was my wife, not Robs.  Rob loved the drama, because it drew traffic to his site.  He'll never admit that, but it became pretty clear at the end, when he turned on all his longtime loyal members for no other reason than to just start shit with them.  We used to consider each other friends, but I'm pretty sure, both of us don't much care for each other any more, and thats fine with me.

• Like 1

I was a member before Rob sold the site .when FS started up it was definitely more entertaining even with all the asshats.  I have met a bunch of the (ont)FS"ers and we have a blast socializing or out on a ride.FS still rocks and yeah Juggs is Mia but the cleavage is still upholding lol

4 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

thats because you were, and still are, a troll moron.  Pretty straightforward. 

Nothing caused Rob to sell anything except Rob.  I just didn't like having a wedding picture of my wife altered and disrespected, yeah, it pissed me off, so what?  Most normal men would have been pissed off it it was their wifes wedding picture flaunted all over the internet, and with more than just a boys head on her body too.  Many threads were started, and it generated a lot of conversation.  Not a hard concept to grasp.  Rob wrestled with and got stress over things, instead of just getting rid of the troublemakers.  To assign blame or cause on me is ridiculous.  He had a great thing, and if his head was screwed on right, he would still have a nice little business.  Instead, he almost had a nervous breakdown over it and offered it to me or Dan to purchase.  At the time, I didn't have any interest in baby sitting for some of these guys, particularly since I banged heads with some of them. I also didn't want to be in the middle of anything, despite the fact that after all this time, some of you idiots still keep bringing up my name.....talk about obsessed.    Dan cashed in, good for Dan. :bc:  And the latest thing was I just thought knew Zoso was trouble and bad business, as did many others, so yeah sure....... thats all my fault that I had an opinion, that you guys finally figured out was correct.  Ridiculous.  Rob got all wound over a simple decision than would have been easy for any normal person to make.  Other than Zoso, there are just a few others, who are just annoying trolls that some of us on TBP have no interest in interacting with, like the guy above who still seems to mention my name every 3rd post.  Jesus man.  Get over it.  Move on.  Everyone else has.

But sure CKF, keep bringing up my name.  If I wanted the attention, I'd be here daily rolling around with some.  My advice to you is the same as the other guy and in bold.  

PS:  The original name "hardcore sledder" and "mileage psycho" came from me in 1998 and after meeting and riding with Rob and Denny in Quebec.  That knowledge and a buck fifty gets me a cup of coffee.

Agreed!  But it was my wife, not Robs.  Rob loved the drama, because it drew traffic to his site.  He'll never admit that, but it became pretty clear at the end, when he turned on all his longtime loyal members for no other reason than to just start shit with them.  We used to consider each other friends, but I'm pretty sure, both of us don't much care for each other any more, and thats fine with me.

I'm not putting it all on you, just saying that the PS photo is what started it all. The TBP gang was ruthless at the time and stirred the pot in many areas. At first they stayed in their own thread and didn't bother anyone else. But it got to the point where whenever one of them had a problem with another member in a different thread they would get the gang to join in an go after whoever it was that their 'buddy'  had a problem with.

8 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I was a member before Rob sold the site .when FS started up it was definitely more entertaining even with all the asshats.  I have met a bunch of the (ont)FS"ers and we have a blast socializing or out on a ride.FS still rocks and yeah Juggs is Mia but the cleavage is still upholding lol

Hopefully we can get the ON thread back rolling again this winter. Yes, we have the cleavage thread, but juggs posted a little more than that in badabing  :lol:

The ON thread will get going once it friggin cools down and we start getting out of summer mode.We were out in the boat yesterday and my buddy says I think I'll start the sleds tomorrow lol.everybody we chum with is antsy for the white gold

2 minutes ago, smokin george said:

The ON thread will get going once it friggin cools down and we start getting out of summer mode.We were out in the boat yesterday and my buddy says I think I'll start the sleds tomorrow lol.everybody we chum with is antsy for the white gold

It seems to be picking up a little over the past few days :bc:   48° here this morning. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few upper 30's next week when the nexy cold front comes through.

I think I joined hcs somewhere around 2005, can't remember. My name was stud boy ont  if I remember correctly you couldn't join up with a hotmail account back then. Went to FS as soon as it was started like most others. 

Didn't Mrs. Red have a sled she named after bussman? Zx summit I think.