How many of you were around HCS when it 1st started?

ckf

To me it was at it's best back around 2005-2006. Everyone was in the same place before the split. The site had everything in one place; good sled info, great general forum, CE, and of course Juggs was doing a great job with the bada bing forum :lol: 

Check out the speedo pics from the link I posted. I think it's down near the bottom of the page :bc:      

• Like 2

• Gold Member

I went to the firecat site several times while I owned my 2003. Then when back to HCS for info fairly often but didn't really get very active until towards the end.

13 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I went to the firecat site several times while I owned my 2003. Then when back to HCS for info fairly often but didn't really get very active until towards the end.

Do you mean just before Rob sold it?

8 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I joined in Dec. 2005, even though mohillary said I wasn't there.

I think that was about a year before Rob sold it to Dan. I remember coming back from a trip to Quebec in December of '06 to find Rob's post saying that he was turning it over to Dan from The Outdoor Shop. 

30 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

X2

I know that a lot of people thought Rob was mad when Dan sold it to VS and made a boat load of money. I can say without a doubt that isn't the case. Rob truly didn't care about or need the money when he sold it. He had a very successful aerial photography at the time. He knew he could have sold it for more than he did but he didn't care and just wanted to be rid of the headaches. Anyone want to guess who was in the middle of the mess that caused him to sell it? 

Just now, ckf said:

I don't think I was ever banned there. Just haven't logged in for a loooong time.

I was buddys with most of the admin there and had met and ridden with some...a buncha shit got misconstrued on both sides....fences have been mended...but one mod (jerry976) still has a beef and wont let me join site under my old acct. 

Just now, DAVE said:

I was buddys with most of the admin there and had met and ridden with some...a buncha shit got misconstrued on both sides....fences have been mended...but one mod (jerry976) still has a beef and wont let me join site under my old acct. 

Check out my account over there if you get a chance sometime. I'm curios to see when I last logged in over there. If I had to guess I would say around 2008.

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Check out my account over there if you get a chance sometime. I'm curios to see when I last logged in over there. If I had to guess I would say around 2008.

Says 10-14-08

• Like 1

I still like it...or used to before our membership got booted.  My favorite "hang" there is in the General Forum..specifically brand bashing.  Like here but without the politics and all the over the top name calling and personal threats.  Which...is fun too!  I miss our Current Events forum though....that was fun too.

25 minutes ago, ckf said:

I think that was about a year before Rob sold it to Dan. I remember coming back from a trip to Quebec in December of '06 to find Rob's post saying that he was turning it over to Dan from The Outdoor Shop. 

I didn't get involved in the drama, but I met quite a few members and bought and sold plenty of parts. In the almost 11 years I have been there I have 966 posts.

• Platinum Contributing Member
34 minutes ago, ckf said:

I know that a lot of people thought Rob was mad when Dan sold it to VS and made a boat load of money. I can say without a doubt that isn't the case. Rob truly didn't care about or need the money when he sold it. He had a very successful aerial photography at the time. He knew he could have sold it for more than he did but he didn't care and just wanted to be rid of the headaches. Anyone want to guess who was in the middle of the mess that caused him to sell it? 

Hahahaha....pretty sure I know who the culprit was.......:wolfie:

• Like 1

Hilarious to hear the background i missed a lot of that. Kinda stupid they wont un ban certain people its just talk, but for a select few i kind of get it If you cant control yourself it gets annoying. You guys all seem really cool though:bc: