Slingers official winter concert thread

28 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Just bought tickets to see the Foo Fighters in Denver Oct 10.   Pretty excited. All My kids have seen them once or more. They keep beating on me to go. This kind of music was our life raising kids. 

Love them....

I cant wait for Perfect Circle on Nov 11th

• Platinum Contributing Member

Heres a tune for slinger. I posted it in music a while back but don't believe he goes in there. You may not be a deadhead as Im not , but Chris Robinson covers this better then the dead did it.

44 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Heres a tune for slinger. I posted it in music a while back but don't believe he goes in there. You may not be a deadhead as Im not , but Chris Robinson covers this better then the dead did it.

Awesome. Yeah I love the dead. Sugaree is actually a Jerry Garcia song, off his first solo album. He played all instruments in it, except drums. Chris does a great job of it.

regarding foo, definitely want to see them. My daughter and her fiancée go every chance they get, about 4x now. Last show they were 3 rows back and got some great vids and pics

I wasn't going to admit this but...... oh well.  

Went to see Donny and Marie last night.  It was a really good show.  They worked the crowd really well.  I never really followed then in the '70's when they were popular but during the show they reviewed their career and all the people who helped them along the way.  Pretty incredible how many famous stars they had contact with.  

Donny is 61 and he can move a lot better than most 61 year olds.  No doubt singing and dancing has kept him in very good shape.  

At 59 Marie is still pretty good looking.  I was within 10' of her after the show and she is very pretty for a woman that age.  Here is a photo from 2018.

Marie-Osmond:-2018-Daytime-Emmy-Awards--

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

I waited to post that until you came around.  I needed you to see it.  :lol:  

:lol: I almost had no words for what I was feeling when I read that. .......I was thinking. Man ....I gotta dig deep here and let him know just how disgusted I am. All I could come up with was the same old shit though 

11 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

No way In he’ll would I see those two fools, and no way in hell would I tell anyone if I did :lol:

I would lie and say I saw her at a shopping mall and she was still a smokeshow for her age.

22 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Went to see Donny and Marie last night.  It was a really good show.  They worked the crowd really well.  I never really followed then in the '70's when they were popular but during the show they reviewed their career and all the people who helped them along the way.  Pretty incredible how many famous stars they had contact with.  

Donny is 61 and he can move a lot better than most 61 year olds.  No doubt singing and dancing has kept him in very good shape.  

At 59 Marie is still pretty good looking.  I was within 10' of her after the show and she is very pretty for a woman that age.  Here is a photo from 2018.

Shes had a ton of body work done....shes starting to get that cat face look from her face getting pulled back so many times....sorry jim. :lol:

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

What the hell man?  Yah Marie is still smokin but what the hell man?

Took the wife to see Maroon 5 a few weeks ago.  Not my type of music but they put on a great show. Adam can really play the electric guitar. The guy can jam. My favorite part was when he thank all of his fans for coming. He then went on to give a special thanks to half the peaple that were forced to come. “ thanks to all of you husbands and boyfriends , I hope you enjoyed the show,even if you aren’t a fan.” What a class act that gets it. They sold out the United Center ,and the tickets on the main floor were north of a grand.

Just now, Woodtick said:

Took the wife to see Maroon 5 a few weeks ago.  Not my type of music but they put on a great show. Adam can really play the electric guitar. The guy can jam. My favorite part was when he thank all of his fans for coming. He then went on to give a special thanks to half the peaple that were forced to come. “ thanks to all of you husbands and boyfriends , I hope you enjoyed the show,even if you aren’t a fan.” What a class act that gets it. They sold out the United Center ,and the tickets on the main floor were north of a grand.

My wife and daughter wanna go bad.........I'd go......I guess they are ok 

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

My wife, daughter and her fiancée saw them 2 years ago. They all said it was a great show, full of energy 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

ben, change the title of this thread to winter

saw bob weir in syracuse last night, in an old theater. outstanding.

where at?? the Landmark??

48 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Yeah. Have you been there? This was the encore, with a chick from Rochester singing down by the river.

Yes, quite a few times for different things, Blue man group, things for the kids, my daughter had a drama club summer camp there a few years ago..It is a very cool place!!

12 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Yes, quite a few times for different things, Blue man group, things for the kids, my daughter had a drama club summer camp there a few years ago..It is a very cool place!!

I believe this was our second concert there . The first was janes addiction years ago, where we had balcony seats. This time we were in the orchestra section. Great acoustics. My only complaint is the beer lines. They need to add more beer bars

• Haha 1