Slingers official winter concert thread

28 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I'm not a huge country fan but he's talented as hell.  I like his style and some of his music.

he is. a lot of his stuff I wouldn't really classify as country. place was packed to the gill.

• 2 weeks later...

Phil lesh and the terrapin family band, along with twiddle and Midnight north last night in canadagiua. Outstanding show at my favorite venue. They played scarlet begonias, my favorite Grateful Dead song. I think they’re headed to Vermont next, you new Englanders should check them out. All 3 bands were outstanding.

• Platinum Contributing Member

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Lol, is she at that place now?

Yep...that video was from Friday...all day today as well...I talked to her last night and she sounded a little pickled. :lol:

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yep...that video was from Friday...all day today as well...I talked to her last night and she sounded a little pickled. :lol:

Ha ha that’s awesome. It seems the older I get the more into live music I get. It’s akin to a natural high, even though there is usually some assists :lol:

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

The offspring and 311 in Syracuse last night. Went to see offspring and they fucking rocked. Played damn near all my old favs.  311 absolutely sucked, don’t see the draw. Like Backstreet Boys meets sub lime. Left 3rd song in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

The offspring and 311 in Syracuse last night. Went to see offspring and they fucking rocked. Played damn near all my old favs.  311 absolutely sucked, don’t see the draw. Like Backstreet Boys meets sub lime. Left 3rd song in.

I love The Offspring.....glad they are out there getting it done and not just going through the motions. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I love The Offspring.....glad they are out there getting it done and not just going through the motions. 

Yeah I loved them since the early 90s and always wanted to see them. I about shit my pants when I learned they were playing locally. They have a new album coming out and the one song they played from it sounded good. Here was the set list, from NH as Syracuse didn’t update yet. Same set list. They hit Michigan tomorrow night

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-offspring/2018/bank-of-new-hampshire-pavilion-at-meadowbrook-gilford-nh-6be8b282.html

Edited by Snoslinger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Closed out the summer concert season with Ozzy last night. Dude looked and sounded great

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/ozzy-osbourne/2018/ppl-center-allentown-pa-5be817f0.html

That is really cool....I don't know how that guy does it...was Zakk Wylde  there? 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

That is really cool....I don't know how that guy does it...was Zak Wylde  there? 

Oh yeah and man did he put on a show. Probably the best guitar solo I’ve seen, and he did it amongst fans up front. I’ll see if I can find a vid

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

Oh yeah and man did he put on a show. Probably the best guitar solo I’ve seen, and he did it amongst fans up front. I’ll see if I can find a vid

Just now, Snoslinger said:

Dude looked bad ass in a kilt. 

Haha....that is great....that fucking guy can shred .:thumbsup: