One Simple Chart Shows Why An Energy Revolution Is Coming - And Who Is Likely To Come Out On Top

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

More jobs will be created selling and installing panels than were were employed in coal or coal plants.  In fact, I believe that is already the case and we’re only just at the beginning

So about your solar setup...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

Nobody will touch it yet.. but the liberals constantly trying to shame Americans because they don't use it.. yet they themselves wont buy it..

Its fucking comical.

What’s comical is all of your posts in this thread 

:lol2:

3 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

More jobs will be created selling and installing panels than were were employed in coal or coal plants.  In fact, I believe that is already the case and we’re only just at the beginning

Without government credits, nobody would install anything here.  All they are doing is putting it back on the grid, BFD.

2 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

i don't disagree it will create jobs for both sales people and installers/electricians but there will be a decrease in low level blue collar jobs which is an issue in this country. 

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Without government credits, nobody would install anything here.  All they are doing is putting it back on the grid, BFD.

Agreed

The whole industry is still in it’s infancy.  Prices are coming down and the subsidies won’t be necessary at some point.  

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

Agreed

The whole industry is still in it’s infancy.  Prices are coming down and the subsidies won’t be necessary at some point.  

Would be great to be able to run everything, ie stove, dryer, even if it requires storage and scheduled usage.

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

All the liberals here are such hypocritical fags :lol: 

solar is so great yet they all refuse to invest in it 

shocker

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Would be great to be able to run everything, ie stove, dryer, even if it requires storage and scheduled usage.

That’s how Elon Musk’s system is designed with the shingles and the Powerwall for storage.

1 minute ago, ICEMAN! said:

That’s how Elon Musk’s system is designed with the shingles and the Powerwall for storage.

:bc:

We will get there cost wise.  I lost a few shingles in the last storm a couple of weeks back.:lol:

3 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

is this the same guy that's almost bankrupt?

A good friend of mine works for Con Edison selling solar systems for businesses. The bottom line is without subsidy solar is dead. Cheap large scale storage is what holds solar back it also puts them on a lower price chart at the local ISO markets. 

28 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Let’s see your coal plant

24 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The mummy shuffles through mumbling something. 

I have the eagle 2

http://www.yukon-eagle.com/

And take a good look at this:  Here is just one reason other energy sources are becoming viable....regulations!!!

Yukon Furnaces are Currently not Available for Sale in the
United States, however, We are Exporting our cUL Listed Furnaces to the following Provinces: Ontario, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Newfoundland and Labrador!

Due to an EPA Regulation that went into effect on all large wood burning furnaces on May 15, 2017,

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

There is a difference between creating cheap energy and forcing other energy sources costs to go up via legislation and regulation.

How do they force other energy costs up?  By forcing other sources to fund their own clean up?  Because that hasn't happened?

By allowing them to abandon their wells and force the state to cover the costs? Because that seems to save them money.

Does the coal industry cover the healthy costs from pollution?  Are fracking companies providing clean water to people whose wells they destroyed?

48 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

I’m not sure why something as revolutionary and amazing as this triggers some right wingers so badly.  I’m not even sure they know other than Fox News has told them to hate solar.

The people who hate the solar industry are probably the same type that railed against the automobile and mass production.

My horse is good enough..........  Why are my taxes paying for roads for those damn things?   Who needs to drive 50 miles in a day anyway?

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

How do they force other energy costs up?  By forcing other sources to fund their own clean up?  Because that hasn't happened?

By allowing them to abandon their wells and force the state to cover the costs? Because that seems to save them money.

Does the coal industry cover the healthy costs from pollution?  Are fracking companies providing clean water to people whose wells they destroyed?

Did you see my last post.  They raise the cost of products that use certain energy sources higher by making products meet requirements that are not feasible.  All you have to do is to take a look at some of the regulations they have put on energy companies. 

Nobody hates solar or wind or other sources, so that argument is just plain not true. 

Edited by racer254

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Did you see my last post.  They raise the cost of products that use certain energy sources higher by making products meet requirements that are not feasible.  All you have to do is to take a look at some of the regulations they have put on energy companies. 

Nobody hates solar or wind or other sources, so that argument is just plain not true. 

If Energy companies paid the true cost for their products, solar would look cheap in comparison.

Sprinkling chemical to make a pipeline spill sink to the bottom of the river is not a clean up.

Congress protects the oil companies by limiting the amount they have to spend on clean ups.   That should not happen.

You fuck up, you clean up or go bankrupt trying.   That would reduce spill very quickly.

12 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

If Energy companies paid the true cost for their products, solar would look cheap in comparison.

Sprinkling chemical to make a pipeline spill sink to the bottom of the river is not a clean up.

Congress protects the oil companies by limiting the amount they have to spend on clean ups.   That should not happen.

You fuck up, you clean up or go bankrupt trying.   That would reduce spill very quickly.

I love how there is no definitive answer for some of the logic that is used when trying to justify an agenda.  TRUE COST....defined by?????  Proponents of Green Energy.  LMAO.

Why is there is always that mythical undefined variable when it comes to justification of liberal agendas.

Edited by racer254

10 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

You spend a ton of time reading granola muncher propaganda websites and then run around claiming them to be absolute fact or what?  You are making yourself look pretty gullible.  

As far as solar goes, terrific that the costs are coming down, although don't think for a second that the figures stated in the OP aren't skewed in favor of solar.  Fact of the matter is, solar could not constitute more than 10 or 15% of our current grid generation without causing major reliability issues.  Technology has yet to be developed to address the inconsistent nature of renewables or we will need to get used to 3 world country esque random rolling power outages.  Right now, forcing the shut down of reliable base load generation like coal and NG in favor of renewables is not smart policy.  Ontario's power system fiasco is pretty much the poster child example for doing this.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

and how is the payoff working out for you?

geo thermal is the only proven system out to save you real money in the long haul . with out the subsidy even that would be a 18yr pay back .assuming you have no major mechanical issues 

wind solar yeah battery replacement inverter replacement.  turbine maintenance that one alone 1 service call will set you back 6 mo on your 25yr break even track 

18 yrs is kinda funny because that is the expected lifespan of an artesian well pump.