Somebody on here has to be behind this

007Rob

https://barrie.ctvnews.ca/opp-probe-threatening-letter-that-claims-destruction-of-muskoka-beaches-1.3926223

A threatening letter from a group claiming to have destroyed beaches in Muskoka is now under investigation by the OPP.

The letter, allegedly written by a group called the Islamic Revolutionary Force, claims that several beaches were destroyed through the winter with snowmobiles.

“Yes, we have destroyed your beaches over the winter months with snowmobiles, easily and effectively making them unsafe and all but unusable,” the letter reads.

“We started with the Muskokas and other tourist destination.”

The letter claims that northern Ontario towns were an easy target for the group. It also states that more beaches between North Bay and Toronto will be destroyed.

The letter, which was first received by the Huntsville Forester, was then passed along to the towns of Bracebridge and Gravenhurst on Friday. Neither community was specifically named in the letter.

A spokesperson for both towns confirms with CTV News that there doesn’t appear to be damage caused by snowmobiles on any of their beaches.

In late April, broken glass, sewing needles and fishing hooks were found at Bracebridge Bay Park and Kirby’s Beach Park. The beaches were closed for several days, and the OPP was notified.

At this point, there is no correlation between the hazardous materials found in Bracebridge and the letter.

Gravenhurst also found broken glass at one of its beaches last month, and alerted the public about it. However, a spokesperson says finding glass after the spring thaw isn’t unusual, adding that the incident appears to be unrelated.

The rejection of Islam and a following of “the Great Satan” are highlighted as the motives behind the alleged destruction.

The letter also says “the IRF fights against the disgraceful and unjust religious persecution of Muslim Canadians and of Islamic peoples throughout the world.”

The letter has since been handed over to police. An OPP spokesperson tells CTV News that they are taking the threat very seriously and are now investigating.

57 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

Abdullah and Muhammad ride Polaris, so I've heard. 

Didn't Molsons have a clip of a sandmobile in a commercial a few years ago?

Edited by revrnd
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dirtybeacher said:

Haha - ya just saw this news elsewhere.  

Broken glass and fish hooks on a beach?  Someone call csis quick!

C'mon, I don't think it's appropriate to joke about serious issues such as this.  I suspect we will be hearing about more broken glass incidents before the summer is out.

Don't be a terrorist - drink cans

2 hours ago, irv said:

Why would someone on here be behind this? :dunno:

Lol, I just got a kick out of this non-nonsensical news story at the end of a long day.  I had to do a double take and make sure I wasn't logged onto the beaverton 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1