****Official IndyCar Thread****

Sad what happened to  open wheel racing  with the split .  tony gerorge   +   brian france should be on a cooking show, "How to pluck a golden goose clean and cook it till well done ".

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
31 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Anyone seen a entry list yet?

No...have you?

1 minute ago, hwytohell said:

Sad what happened to  open wheel racing  with the split .  tony gerorge   +   brian france should be on a cooking show, "How to pluck a golden goose clean and cook it till well done ".

Haha.....no shit. Those two have done a great job fucking things up.

• Like 1

I'd like to see someone like JR Hildebrand win...he had one in the bag a few years back and hit the wall on the last turn of the last lap. Also nice to see Graham Rahal drinking the milk.

I was watching that and could not believe it....the only saving grace is that Dan Wheldon got the win...he later died in a crash during a race.

13 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

Too bad Fittipaldi got hurt but good for the young Canadian....I wonder who Dale Coyne will put in the car for The 500? 

15 minutes ago, F3600 said:

Great memories as a kid when the Indy 500 was a big part of the Memorial Day experience.   It dominated TV and was the thing to watch.

Exactly....Mid 70’s to early 80’s for me...Mears, Bobby and Al Unser, Johnny Rutherford, Gordon Johncock and of course A.J.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Too bad Fittipaldi got hurt but good for the young Canadian....I wonder who Dale Coyne will put in the car for The 500? 

Alonso would be my choice but he will be busy in Monaco that day.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

Damn....that would be great to see him back at Indy.

• Like 1

Spin and Win

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1985_Indianapolis_500

The 69th Indianapolis 500 was held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Speedway, Indiana on Sunday, May 26, 1985. The race was sanctioned by USAC, and was included as part of the 1985 CART PPG Indy Car World Series. The Speedway also celebrated 40 years of ownership by the Hulman/George family.

In one of the most dramatic moments in Indy 500 history, Danny Sullivan took the lead from Mario Andretti on lap 120. But as he was completing the pass, Sullivan's car stepped out, and he lost control. He spun directly in front of Andretti in turn one, doing a complete 360°. Andretti veered to the left and slipped by unscathed, while Sullivan's car somehow avoided contact with the concrete wall. Sullivan continued in the race, and about twenty laps later, managed to re-pass Andretti for good. Sullivan led the final 61 laps, and scored his lone Indy victory, driving for Penske.

Due to the electrifying spin by Sullivan, and the subsequent recovery, the race became known in auto racing lore as the "Spin and Win".[3] It is largely considered one of the most famous moments in all of Indy car racing history.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

Agreed. He made the 500 a lot more interesting to watch last year :thumb:

Memorial Day Weekend is the best weekend in motorsports. Monaco, Indy and the Coke 600 :race:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Memorial Day Weekend is the best weekend in motorsports. Monaco, Indy and the Coke 600 :race:

Monaco is great to watch but wow is that a dangerous track if it didn't have all that history I bet they would not race there :)

• Like 2

Just now, Momorider said:

Monaco is great to watch but wow is that a dangerous track if it didn't have all that history I bet they would not race there :)

Agreed....there are a few tracks that could replace it but you’re right about the history...unmatched in F1 or most motorsports for that matter.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

Love that day.:thumbsup:

I hope somebody pulls the double again in the near future...Kurt Busch did really well at Indy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Love that day.:thumbsup:

I hope somebody pulls the double again in the near future...Kurt Busch did really well at Indy.

I'd love to see Kyle Busch try it :bc:

• Like 1