****Official IndyCar Thread****

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It always amazes me that these drivers can suffer such horrific life threatening/altering  injuries and all they want to do is get back in the car.

Same can be said with alot of things dangerous....the rush is addictive. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It always amazes me that these drivers can suffer such horrific life threatening/altering  injuries and all they want to do is get back in the car.

23 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Same can be said with alot of things dangerous....the rush is addictive. 

Some guys it is the rush/speed/adreniline/etc. 

Others, it is all they have ever wanted to do, or all they have ever known, or their identity.  

Farming is similar, in a sense.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, 2strokemerc said:

https://www.indycar.com/News/2018/09/09-16-Wickens-update-video

For the first time since his Aug. 19 incident at Pocono Raceway, Robert Wickens shared a message with his fans Sunday on Twitter prior to the final race of the Verizon IndyCar Series season.

“It’s obviously been a long time since I’ve posted anything on social media,” Wickens said in the video. “I just wanted to say all of your kind words and all of your positivity has meant the absolute world to me and my family. I’m in rehab now, trying to get back to 100 percent as quickly as possible.

“I don’t know what the future holds for me. It’s going to be a very long road to recovery, and all I can is I’m going to promise you guys I’m going to work as hard as possible and train as hard as possible to make sure I’m back in a race car as quickly as possible. That’s all I can say for now.”

Wickens also said he’d be watching the INDYCAR Grand Prix of Sonoma on television, and he wished everyone luck. Thanks to four podium and 10 top-10 finishes, he locked up the Sunoco Rookie of the Year award despite missing the final three races of the year.

The severity of the spinal cord injury Wickens sustained in the incident remains indeterminate and under evaluation. In a release Sept. 6, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports said physicians stress it could take weeks or months for the full effects of the injury to be known. Wickens also sustained fractures in both legs, both hands, his right forearm, elbow and in four ribs.

“We want to thank everyone for the outpouring of love, prayers and positive energy that has been sent our way since Robert’s accident,” the Wickens family said in a statement then. “We are blown away by the strength of this INDYCAR community and the support within it. While Robert’s recovery and rehabilitation continue over the coming weeks and months, your loving messages will certainly be a source of encouragement for him.”

Watch Wickens' video post on Twitter here:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2strokemerc said:

https://www.indycar.com/News/2018/09/09-16-Wickens-update-video

For the first time since his Aug. 19 incident at Pocono Raceway, Robert Wickens shared a message with his fans Sunday on Twitter prior to the final race of the Verizon IndyCar Series season.

“It’s obviously been a long time since I’ve posted anything on social media,” Wickens said in the video. “I just wanted to say all of your kind words and all of your positivity has meant the absolute world to me and my family. I’m in rehab now, trying to get back to 100 percent as quickly as possible.

“I don’t know what the future holds for me. It’s going to be a very long road to recovery, and all I can is I’m going to promise you guys I’m going to work as hard as possible and train as hard as possible to make sure I’m back in a race car as quickly as possible. That’s all I can say for now.”

Wickens also said he’d be watching the INDYCAR Grand Prix of Sonoma on television, and he wished everyone luck. Thanks to four podium and 10 top-10 finishes, he locked up the Sunoco Rookie of the Year award despite missing the final three races of the year.

The severity of the spinal cord injury Wickens sustained in the incident remains indeterminate and under evaluation. In a release Sept. 6, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports said physicians stress it could take weeks or months for the full effects of the injury to be known. Wickens also sustained fractures in both legs, both hands, his right forearm, elbow and in four ribs.

“We want to thank everyone for the outpouring of love, prayers and positive energy that has been sent our way since Robert’s accident,” the Wickens family said in a statement then. “We are blown away by the strength of this INDYCAR community and the support within it. While Robert’s recovery and rehabilitation continue over the coming weeks and months, your loving messages will certainly be a source of encouragement for him.”

Watch Wickens' video post on Twitter here:

Sounds like he is majorly messed up and will never be the same. ☹️

10 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Dang. We drove by the Sonoma track yesterday. I wanted to pull on so badly. My wife was all for it. I was trying to get a few miles in for the day. We will be back for an Indy Race soon. Maybe next year. 

You headed to AZ for the winter? Im headed to Havasu on the 28th to drop the camper off. 

It that his wife!?

It that his wife!?

Courtney Hansen, used to be on that show Overhaulin. She was at the race on Sunday. 

It's good publicity to get your picture taken with the winner.

3 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

Courtney Hansen, used to be on that show Overhaulin. She was at the race on Sunday. 

It's good publicity to get your picture taken with the winner.

Ahh got ya....I like Chip but come on! 🤣🤣🤣

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, ONTMXZ said:

He will run #7.  Schmidt Peterson keeping the #6 reserved for Wicken's return. 

Hinch of course in the #5 Car.

Cool they are doing that for Wickens even if it is just symbolic....Interesting dynamic considering the same thing happened to Sam Schmidt only worse.