Furnace and Central air warranty/protection plan?

irv

16 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I guess my supplier is cautious of some dummy blowing himself up and being liable, may just be their policy. I know lots of people who shouldnt fuck with a furnace haha.

14 minutes ago, brother groove said:

I guess my supplier is cautious of some dummy blowing himself up and being liable, may just be their policy. I know lots of people who shouldnt fuck with a furnace haha.

I would leave changing out the gas valve to others, but have no problem changing out sensors etc.  FYI, locally I have upgraded and controlled several inline ovens for some local bakeries like this pic.  Gets kinda warm.

Image result for imaforni
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, brother groove said:

yes they are. its also a way to control your products

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I would leave changing out the gas valve to others, but have no problem changing out sensors etc.  FYI, locally I have upgraded and controlled several inline ovens for some local bakeries like this pic.  Gets kinda warm.

we do a couple food plants but no process. 

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Nice ovens  how many btu’s are those?  I love big process gas jobs, anyone can do their own work and I get suppliers but keep in mind if anything happens your insurance might not cover damages if you preformed your own gas work.  

26 minutes ago, Garrettv said:

Nice ovens  how many btu’s are those?  I love big process gas jobs, anyone can do their own work and I get suppliers but keep in mind if anything happens your insurance might not cover damages if you preformed your own gas work.  

Several million.  The end user gets TSSA to verify the safeties and interlocks are good.  The upgrades on these units are generally over 7 figures, a new oven band is about 200K.

Also that is just a generic pic.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

5 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Several million.  The end user gets TSSA to verify the safeties and interlocks are good.  The upgrades on these units are generally over 7 figures, a new oven band is about 200K.

Also that is just a generic pic.

I have been the tech onsite dealing with the Tssa feild apprOving stuff like that tempering ovens, big part washers and such pin in the butt but they need something to do I guess !

1 hour ago, Garrettv said:

I have been the tech onsite dealing with the Tssa feild apprOving stuff like that tempering ovens, big part washers and such pin in the butt but they need something to do I guess !

I's dotted and T's crossed really.  Nothing more.

My sister and BIL, who used the same company and salesman (we referred them) were told by the same salesman, not to worry about anything for 2 yrs. IE, no need to purchase a program/warranty coverage for 2 yrs. I brought this to his attention yesterday, and of course , he denies saying this. He did offer a 10% discount to what we are currently paying but I am going to shop around and drop these guys pronto, hopefully. F@#*R!  Can anyone, who is licensed/certified, etc, take over this warranty coverage and as long as they document annual inspections, I'll still be covered in case something does go wrong? 

12 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

show off :lol: 

15 hours ago, Garrettv said:

TSSA thanks to changes the province put in place don't typically send out inspectors to the sites anymore. What they send is an "agent" who then goes back to the office and tells the actual inspector that rarely leaves the office what they saw. The agents aren't able to sign an inspection report. Only an inspector. We had a TSSA agent come out to look at a diesel fuel tank. He wanted a sample of the fuel inside the tank. What is used by people who know what they are doing is a Bacon Bomb... yes that's what it's called.

Capture1.JPG.b96ebf27d254c4642ca4a2b3f04cc035.JPG

It's stainless steel. You drop it on a line to the bottom of the tank where the plunger knob at the bottom opens the valve when it presses against the bottom of the tank getting an accurate fuel sample from where contaminants will be sitting.

The clown showed up with a glass iodine bottle and tied a string around the neck of the bottle.

If the inspectors who know what they are doing came out it would be a lot better. The other change the province made was the more problems TSSA finds the more money they get.

We had two 10,000 litre double walled with leak detection between the walls installed for our generators as part of the build. Everything was inspected and signed off. About two years later the regulations changed. We found out when we called to get our tanks filled. Suddenly you need a current inspection by a licensed gas/oil technician. If I recall about $1000 later, $500 for each tank, we could get the fuel delivered. The guy came out, stood in the doorway, looked out at the tanks and said.... they look pretty good to me. Signed and left.