May the storm be with you

• Platinum Contributing Member

I built a swimming pool for a customer late last year. Never turned on the pump. A month ago we opened the pool and got everything up and running for the first time.

So the wind storm comes through, grabs their bbq and throws it in the pool. They panic and jump in the pool (60 degree water) and proceed to pull/drag the bbq from the 8' deep water up to the shallow end and remove out the steps.

"We were careful" they say. "Don't think there was any damage." That was a week ago.

I emptied it today and patched 9 holes in the liner. Probably should be replacing it as there are a couple scratches over 2 feet long.

No damage from the bbq falling in, just from them dragging it out.

On 5/17/2018 at 12:27 AM, Blackstar said:

I built a swimming pool for a customer late last year. Never turned on the pump. A month ago we opened the pool and got everything up and running for the first time.

So the wind storm comes through, grabs their bbq and throws it in the pool. They panic and jump in the pool (60 degree water) and proceed to pull/drag the bbq from the 8' deep water up to the shallow end and remove out the steps.

"We were careful" they say. "Don't think there was any damage." That was a week ago.

I emptied it today and patched 9 holes in the liner. Probably should be replacing it as there are a couple scratches over 2 feet long.

No damage from the bbq falling in, just from them dragging it out.

Yep. Stuff falling in the pool usually doesn’t do damage....water slows it down to a stop.....it’s the Gerbil heads that cause all the damage during the recovery..

Edited by Poncho