May the storm be with you

We still have a bit of wind but nothing like yesterday and it's nice out. I picked up all the wood/supplies for the deck extension and will get ciphering tomorrow as right now the rye tastes good and need a break.Im going with the screw piles vs sono/concrete and tho it might be a little pricey  it'll be quicker

On 5/5/2018 at 11:58 AM, Puzzleboy said:

A fence blew down from the wind?  Maybe you'd better hire a pro next time.....

Yes wind can do that, you need to get out of the basement.  fence broke at the base.....temp fix complete.....Neighbour lost a 60 foot tree, fell on his house but happened to destroy his car in the process.   Poor guy is 80, we helped him clean stuff up today. Two planes damaged at the airport, one is a complete loss.

Edited by Poncho

10 hours ago, Glenn in Caledon said:

Barn roof folded over at grandparents old barn next door. Will probably see an excavator now.

Be 10 grand to fix a building that doesn't make any money on future development land.

20180505_075805.jpg

20180505_075640.jpg

10 grand you would charge your grandparents that for a hand full of screws and the chance to take your shirt off !     

2 hours ago, Garrettv said:

10 grand you would charge your grandparents that for a hand full of screws and the chance to take your shirt off !     

10 grand will be to float in a 60 foot genie boom and replace what's fMaged not just try and hack together what's still there.

Poorly maintained storage only barn around the corner from us has some minor issues 

20180505_181841.jpg

20180505_181848.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Glenn in Caledon said:

10 grand will be to float in a 60 foot genie boom and replace what's fMaged not just try and hack together what's still there.

Poorly maintained storage only barn around the corner from us has some minor issues 

20180505_181841.jpg

20180505_181848.jpg

that's some serious damage

No damage here but our neighbors lost some eavestrough and some siding at another house. We lost our internet, T.V. and phone around 6 pm Friday evening and just got it back around 4:30 pm today. Rogers tele received tons of complaints and I'm not sure how rebates are going to be spread out, if any, but a lot or people are pissed they didn't get to watch the Raptors, Hockey playoffs and the Jays. 

Edited by irv

23 hours ago, Glenn in Caledon said:

20180505_181841.jpg

20180505_181848.jpg

Wow that’s some damage ! And 10 gs to rent and deliver a 60ft boom you need to find a new supplier ! I was just busting your nuts bud 

8 hours ago, Garrettv said:

Wow that’s some damage ! And 10 gs to rent and deliver a 60ft boom you need to find a new supplier ! I was just busting your nuts bud 

Theres 1500 sq ft of steel to replace included in that and someone else doing it lol.

Family decided to just call the insurance. 

11 hours ago, Pete Z said:

Came back on here about 5 pm today. 

Ours came back on as well and a good thing. The standby genny uses 10% a day . Two 420"s were filled Sat morning and now are down to approx 55%. 

On 5/5/2018 at 10:20 PM, Glenn in Caledon said:

20180505_181841.jpg

20180505_181848.jpg

Excavator was there today crushing the barn into dumpsters.

13 hours ago, Glenn in Caledon said:

Excavator was there today crushing the barn into dumpsters.

pretty sad/stupid. barn boards, beams can be worth a few bucks.

1 hour ago, JJL said:

More than a few bucks these days.  2 years ago I did a concert stage install, the client wanted old barn tin.  I found a barn demo in oro, and someone already scooped up all the barn board/beams and shipped it to Nova Scotia.  I forget what the owner said how much he got, but I remember it was some good coin, and that was wholesale pricing.  

http://canadianantiquelumber.ca/

1 hour ago, JJL said:

It was being sorted not to say it wasn't going somewhere in the 40 yard roll offs. 

In sure the insurance paying to clean up the foundation is worth more than the lumber on top and a bill to clean the mess.

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:56 PM, Sksman said:

My daughters knew the young man killed by tree in Milton.  And his brother is critically injured.  

Very sad as these boys were very well liked in community. 

They weren't brothers and both died for your info. Very sad indeed!!!

RIP

11 hours ago, yarddawg said:

They weren't brothers and both died for your info. Very sad indeed!!!

RIP

I heard they both died.

My daughters were telling me things from Facebook posts so not necessarily the full truth.

On 5/8/2018 at 8:44 AM, smokin george said:

Ours came back on as well and a good thing. The standby genny uses 10% a day . Two 420"s were filled Sat morning and now are down to approx 55%. 

Wow. That sounds pretty heavy on fuel.  So without a refill how long will the propane last?