I guess looking at it again according to PEMDAS 1 is correct 

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Negative. 

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

1+2 =3 

2x3 = 6

6/6 = 1

Inside the parentheses is a sub equation. Which isn't implemented to the rest of the equation until pemdas has run out...

1 minute ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Negative. 

Inside the parentheses is a sub equation. Which isn't implemented to the rest of the equation until pemdas has run out...

totally incorrect. parenthesis are always completed first 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

totally incorrect. parenthesis are always completed first 

Correct, that's what I said. Parentheses exponent multiplication division addition subtraction.

1+2=3

Skip the exponent because there isn't one

6/2=3

No addition or subtraction

Which leaves 2 parts left of the equation.

What's inside the parentheses, once solved, stands alone until pemdas is completed. That's why they have "X= (7/6(4+5)*4)" parentheses working inside out are their own isolated equation...

3(3)=9

:pan:

1 minute ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Correct, that's what I said. Parentheses exponent multiplication division addition subtraction.

1+2=3

Skip the exponent because there isn't one

6/2=3

No addition or subtraction

Which leaves 2 parts left of the equation.

What's inside the parentheses, once solved, stands alone until pemdas is completed. That's why they have "X= (7/6(4+5)*4)" parentheses working inside out are their own isolated equation...

3(3)=9

:pan:

Holy fuck you retard......you would do 2x3 before 6/2 :lol: 

Just now, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

OK retard, go plug the problem into your calculator, let me know what you come up with...

In PEMDAS does multiplication come before division? Do you not know what the letters stand for :lol: 

3 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Absolutely not, it's 9.  :Bc:

Neal

Its a miracle.  We agree  :lol:  :bc:  I only know the way I was taught.  If some dipshit changed the rules thats his problem.  I did this exercise 29,420,818 times and the answer is 9.  

Just now, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

@f7ben

Only when parentheses are not involved... did you find your calculator yet? I bet there's an app on your phone you could use...

boat-problem_1.gif

Well.....I've been wrong before and I certainly could be wrong now :lol: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well.....I've been wrong before and I certainly could be wrong now :lol: 

:salute:

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Its a miracle.  We agree  :lol:  :bc:  I only know the way I was taught.  If some dipshit changed the rules thats his problem.  I did this exercise 29,420,818 times and the answer is 9.  

Yup. I fucking hated math in school. Only reason I know the answer is 9, is because I drilled it into my fucking head, as to avoiding having to take any more classes with that witch faced troll of a teacher!! :true:

10 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

@f7ben

Only when parentheses are not involved... did you find your calculator yet? I bet there's an app on your phone you could use...

boat-problem_1.gif

:lol:

Some of you are screwing up the second equation and NOT following PEMDAS properly.  Why would you start it properly then not do it on step 2?

EAT SAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     :lmao:

2 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Ask Ben to borrow his calculator. :pan:

I realized it wasn't really Ben when he admitted he'd been wrong before.  IMPOSTER!!!!! Cuz....NO WHEY!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

nope because even though it's MDAS its really M&D and then A&S together then you go left to right for which goes first

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

nope because even though it's MDAS its really M&D and then A&S together then you go left to right for which goes first

Ah ....thank you. Its been way to long for me. I have a great mind for math and can do simple math in my head out to a few digits faster than most. I cant remember all the rules though. 

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

Ah ....thank you. Its been way to long for me. I have a great mind for math and can do simple math in my head out to a few digits faster than most. I cant remember all the rules though. 

I thought the same thing but I looked it up and its 9. Who gives a fuck really I have never in my life had to do some silly shit like that until facebook came along. :lol: