Side X Side Thoughts and Recommendations

6 hours ago, DAVE said:

Better to just head south for the winter! :lol:

true that . fly out west 1 or 2 times a yr let resort pick you up at airport rent for 5 days fly back to the gulf .

still money ahead of owning 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

When I drive by a dude with an atv while I'm in a tank top in a truck I just laugh. All I can think is " wow , that dude hates his wife"

spot on

i like to take 2-3 hours to do my driveway that would fit about 6 cars in it

8 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Very nice set up.  That tractor can get some work done. 

It's been awesome. We had a hard winter this year. Someone said 13 feet of snow?

Very glad to have the tractor. Pretty good on fuel too, I'd say 4-5L/ hour on average. I burned about $150 of fuel for the winter. Some storms I was doing 7 driveways. Friends and family. They appreciated it! 

It's not very fast, maybe 20km/h. And only about 29 pto hp but it is quite impressive for what it is. Moves alot of snow, just have to go a bit slower.

I run a MF 4609 for my bud. 90hp. That can blow snow! But day in day out I'd rather run the 1920. Much smaller and more agile doing resedential driveways. 

My dad and I own it 50/50. I keep it at my house, maintain it, buy the fuel and run it. He insures it and buys the plates. He's only 1km away and usually his yard is done before he wakes up!:thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

I dont mean to dis your West Virginia video Vince but this is what a typical SxS video looks like. 

My L1 thru L5 twinged watching that :lol:

Good read RZR vs General:  https://utvactionmag.com/shootout-polaris-general-1000-le-vs-rzr-s-1000-eps/ 

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, Zambroski said:

:lol::lol::lol: 

Wut?  :dunno: .............but it made me laugh anyway.

What ya never seen a dude who will do anything to avoid spending time with their wife and kid ? Hell some will wrench sleds in July to do that. That way they don't have to listen to " your drinking too much " I mean who wants to hear that shit. After  all they are celebrating the fact that its Wednesday.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Buy the right machine for what you will be using it for the vast majority of the time.

Plenty of options for plowing.   Some really great lightweight options for trucks that go off an on very quickly.  

https://www.agricover.com/snowsport/lt/

• 4 months later...
38 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's coming down between a Polaris General and a Textron Havoc, I did the on-line build of each unit and am going out for pricing, what's odd is that Polaris doesn't offer a split fold down windshield :dunno:

Basically anything on the market is better then Textron(cat).... all my cat buddies ride polaris sxs's now.

Just poor quality.

But youre a braindead diehard cat guy so might as well talk to brick wall.

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Basically anything on the market is better then Textron(cat).... all my cat buddies ride polaris sxs's now.

Just poor quality.

One of my neighbors is a die hard Cat guy, he just bought a RZR 1000 2 weeks ago.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's coming down between a Polaris General and a Textron Havoc, I did the on-line build of each unit and am going out for pricing, what's odd is that Polaris doesn't offer a split fold down windshield :dunno:

Drive them first. The Havoc is impressive as hell to look at.. The two I’ve driven literally don’t turn.  If you’re over 5’10 forget about it, cramped as hell. If all your going to do is work it hard it may be a decent choice. If you’re ever going to ride it for fun get the general.

• Like 1

it was pretty wet in longville this weekend . 

I only ha e 650 on the wildcat trail now and after the initial junk tranny was replaced no issues yet .

but again my wife bought it not me .if I were buying a sxs it would be a poo or doo. 

20180923_113632.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

it was pretty wet in longville this weekend . 

I only ha e 650 on the wildcat trail now and after the initial junk tranny was replaced no issues yet .

but again my wife bought it not me .if I were buying a sxs it would be a poo or doo. 

20180923_113632.jpg

Do you gots the beaver fever 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DAVE said:

Just poor quality.

All of the rags still put the rzr as the best handling/performing, etc... But yeah I've heard that the build quality isn't all that great. I wouldn't know as I don't own one. But what about the Yamahas, I never hear about those and they look pretty cool. 

Sounds like the can ams are the premium sxs's on the market but also $$$

4 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

All of the rags still put the rzr as the best handling/performing, etc... But yeah I've heard that the build quality isn't all that great. I wouldn't know as I don't own one. But what about the Yamahas, I never hear about those and they look pretty cool. 

The can am x3 is great....otherwise its polaris....yamis are good too.

5 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

X3 and yammi 1000 are the nicest but $$$.

Thanks for all the advice, it seems like Polaris is the way to go (well besides no split windshield) so when you give the dealer your build to they do all the accessory work or does the factory ship it built?

There are some killer deals on 18's, in that case it would be a dealer build, but just curious if Poo builds there SxS to order. 

7 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Thanks for all the advice, it seems like Polaris is the way to go (well besides no split windshield) so when you give the dealer your build to they do all the accessory work or does the factory ship it built?

There are some killer deals on 18's, in that case it would be a dealer build, but just curious if Poo builds there SxS to order. 

Maybe there's an aftermarket split windshield available?

11 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Call my buddy Kip. He moves a lot of SXSs. Sells everything but can am. 

2 hours ago, JEFF said:

Drive them first. The Havoc is impressive as hell to look at.. The two I’ve driven literally don’t turn.  If you’re over 5’10 forget about it, cramped as hell. If all your going to do is work it hard it may be a decent choice. If you’re ever going to ride it for fun get the general.

Ballsack doesn't have the tall issue he could fit in the glove compartment faggot is 2footnothing :guzzle: 

• Haha 2

I have a flip up .it is ok but first decent bump it is slamming shut .

also I had a kimmplex rear window that clipped on to rear roll bar ..hard to push on clips like have to really put some umph in to it .

well when running down a grade at 60 the wind blew the rear window out . I did not even know it for a long time . took me a few hrs to find it blew in to a ditch.