Side X Side Thoughts and Recommendations

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

No.

My kids buddy can tell you all about that bullshit, what a total fuck over these assholes are, no insurance is available and they claim all kinds of bullshit when the sled comes back damaged.

https://lolrec.com/

You don't have to explain it to me (us).  Tell Revy.  

I got hosed when my wife put a rental in the woods in Grand Lake, CO.  TOP DOLLAR repair for a hood and bellypan..AND had to pay for their lost down time.  Meh...fuck the fine print!!! What can go wrong with a blonde riding a sled?  Meh.... $2400.  Most expensive sled ride I've ever had.  And I had to rent a fucking Polaris to ride which really added salt to the gaping wound.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I got hosed when my wife put a rental in the woods in Grand Lake, CO.  TOP DOLLAR repair for a hood and bellypan..AND had to pay for their lost down time.  Meh...fuck the fine print!!! What can go wrong with a blonde riding a sled?  Meh.... $2400.  Most expensive sled ride I've ever had.  And I had to rent a fucking Polaris to ride which really added salt to the gaping wound.

They rent kayaks too, that's BOSS.

https://lolrec.com/Rentals/Kayaks

13 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

No.

My kids buddy can tell you all about that bullshit, what a total fuck over these assholes are, no insurance is available and they claim all kinds of bullshit when the sled comes back damaged.

https://lolrec.com/

Ive had good luck so far. :bc:

9 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I would have zero issue with a rental and know the risks up front.  I damage it I pay, its that simple.

Pretty much! :bc:

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

How many times do you need to plow during a typical winter Vince?  I assume you will keep your SxS with the plow inside all winter?  My garage isnt all that big, 32x24.  I hated tripping over the atv/plow all the time.  Once I decided to take the plow off the atv for good it sits in the shed all winter instead of taking up valuable garage space  

I get it that you like to screw around in the snow but what would it cost to just have your driveway plowed?  My driveway is 400’ long and averages about 40’ wide.  $60 per plow job is a good deal but a nice plow truck can knock it out in under 30 minutes.  

A General/Havoc type of rig would probably be best for plowing but a Maverick would be on a whole different level of fun.  Generals/Havocs will not be much fun on wooped out trails or windy fire roads.  

The trails in WI are groomed. The only place to find whooped out shit is Black River Falls, which are all sand. The rest of the state is hard pack and smooth like the fucking interstate because people bitch about bumps. There is probably as many people riding Rangers on the trails as there is RZR's. Generals ride almost as good as the RZR S. Same A-arm suspensions.

21 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I would have zero issue with a rental and know the risks up front.  I damage it I pay, its that simple.

What do you do when they pile items on the repair bill that were not damaged in the accident?

I had to rent one year in Cooke City Mt. I rent a Summit. I was fairly easy on it, and I used my go pro when the guy was showing me the sled. He asked what I was doing. I said covering my ass. He agreed it was a good idea. When I brought it back, the fucker got me for bent handlebars. The were bent like 1/8". I couldnt find nothing on the video to show that little bit. So he charged me $75 for the new bars and $50 to install. I did make the fucker give me the bent handlebars. They were the last set of Summit bars in town.

Next fucking day, some dude staying at our hotel bent the shit outta his bars on his summit. I showed him mine. He asked how much, I said make an offer. TBH I would have taken $20 if he offered. The guy offered $70. I gladly accepted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

What do you do when they pile items on the repair bill that were not damaged in the accident?

I guess there are always douches out there, but I would do a walk through and record any damages I see all you can really do.  Same as I used to do with the car rentals.

Normally they would make you sign you are receiving a mint, zero damaged sled.

16 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I guess there are always douches out there, but I would do a walk through and record any damages I see all you can really do.  Same as I used to do with the car rentals.

Take some pictures when you pick it up...and when you drop it off.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

rental sleds can be a money pit if you fuck them up,  it's why i bought my son a sled this winter even though he was only riding 4 days.   

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

The guy is on a TNT 900 Ace hits a tree bends the A-arms and cracked up some plastic, the sled is rideable, my long time riding bud who is a service manager for a large powersports dealer is with us and he does a thorough estimate on the damage and puts it at $2,500.00 to $3,000.00 tops while doubling book labor, the rental estimate comes out with a back bumper, snow flap, and other various parts and pieces, and off the hook labor hours and a repair bill of $6,000.00 to fix the sled or $8,000.00 to buy the sled. My sons friend says I'll buy the sled, but they want to give him a box full of parts and he wants the sled to be rideable like it was when he brought it in.

FTR the guy has already given the dealership $3,000.00.

13 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

See above and look at the reviews of the business on Google, it's horrible.

Of course there are good reputable places to rent from like DB Motorsports in Hancock, MI, and there Google reviews reflect that :thumb: 

http://dollarbaymotorsports.com/rentals-page

36 minutes ago, Legend said:

The trails in WI are groomed. The only place to find whooped out shit is Black River Falls, which are all sand. The rest of the state is hard pack and smooth like the fucking interstate because people bitch about bumps. There is probably as many people riding Rangers on the trails as there is RZR's. Generals ride almost as good as the RZR S. Same A-arm suspensions.

Vince said he wants a smooth ride on wooped out trails. Maybe he is riding somewhere other than WI. :dunno: 

A General has a similar front suspension to a narrow RZR 900 or 1000.  The rear suspension isnt even close to what comes on even the entry level RZR 1000.  The general has about 12” of suspension travel, the entry level RZR has around 16”.  The entry level 1000 has 110hp. The General has 100. The entry level RZR is almost $4000 cheaper than a similarly equipped General. The hotrod RZR  has 168hp. Big suspension travel and it gets it on pretty good. The ride, handling and HP are far superior to a General or narrow RZR. 

IMO if you want to beat on a SxS down rough trails you have to go with the top of the line RZR turbo or X3.  Anything less will fall apart in short order. Even those will fall apart if you beat on them regularly. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Vince said he wants a smooth ride on wooped out trails. Maybe he is riding somewhere other than WI. :dunno: 

A General has a similar front suspension to a narrow RZR 900 or 1000.  The rear suspension isnt even close to what comes on even the entry level RZR 1000.  The general has about 12” of suspension travel, the entry level RZR has around 16”.  The entry level 1000 has 110hp. The General has 100. The entry level RZR is almost $4000 cheaper than a similarly equipped General. The hotrod RZR  has 168hp. Big suspension travel and it gets it on pretty good. The ride, handling and HP are far superior to a General or narrow RZR. 

IMO if you want to beat on a SxS down rough trails you have to go with the top of the line RZR turbo or X3.  Anything less will fall apart in short order. Even those will fall apart if you beat on them regularly. 

Entry level 1000 is a 1000 S. EXACT SAME SUSPENSION 13.2” rear travel. 

In in one of his posts he mentioned he would be wanting to ride WI. 

6 hours ago, DAVE said:

Mostly skid steers here.

I seem to recall some idiot arguing with you that was impossible :dunno: Was it the Newfster? :lol:

3 hours ago, DAVE said:

Fuck winter. Come north for a bit..rent a sled...back to warm.

Sounds very revkev like...but Idgaf. :lol:

This was the first winter my wife didn't ride and I wound up spending almost as much time in Fla as up north. The warm weather sure is nice. Especially early January when it was cold as a witches titty up nord. I see my winter's continuing this way. :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Why is it the wrong tool? :dunno: 

Planning on a weekend of test riding a RZR and a General on the weekend of the 12th or Memorial Day weekend, I've read reviews of the Havoc and comparisons of it to the General while very good it has seats that suck, although for the price difference I could probably replace them with Recaros.

Its a toy. Do you realy want to put a snowmobile suit on to plow ? 

1 hour ago, Legend said:

I have never seen a 1000S but im sure you are right. Around here its xp and turbos. 

I like the general. Would like to have one. 

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

I'll be test riding both soon :bc: 

I don't need a turbo either, as stated 55-70 mph is more than enough in a UTV.

1 hour ago, Legend said:

And in Tennessee, West Virginia, and..................

33 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Its a toy. Do you realy want to put a snowmobile suit on to plow ? 

Absofuckinlutely :bc: 

What do you think I wear when I plow with my ATV?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rw06GT said:

I seem to recall some idiot arguing with you that was impossible :dunno: Was it the Newfster? :lol:

This was the first winter my wife didn't ride and I wound up spending almost as much time in Fla as up north. The warm weather sure is nice. Especially early January when it was cold as a witches titty up nord. I see my winter's continuing this way. :bc:

Yes

Just now, steve from amherst said:

When I drive by a dude with an atv while I'm in a tank top in a truck I just laugh. All I can think is " wow , that dude hates his wife"

My wife is out there pushing the 2 smoke Toro doing the walks and the little clean up stuff, there are times if it's a 5" or less snowfall she will do the house drive before I get to it :bc: 

36 lb. blower that goes like there is no tomorrow.

Image result for toro two stroke snowblower

15 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

When I drive by a dude with an atv while I'm in a tank top in a truck I just laugh. All I can think is " wow , that dude hates his wife"

:lol::lol::lol: 

Wut?  :dunno: .............but it made me laugh anyway.

11 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

My wife is out there pushing the 2 smoke Toro doing the walks and the little clean up stuff, there are times if it's a 5" or less snowfall she will do the house drive before I get to it :bc: 

36 lb. blower that goes like there is no tomorrow.

Image result for toro two stroke snowblower

Oh, now looky there!  That thing is just precious?  Is that one of those emotional support throwers?