Side X Side Thoughts and Recommendations

8 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

T-Cat man told me the General rides real nice and then I saw below, I believe you on the X3 :bc: 

Why do they suck to plow with? :dunno: 

well getting all your gear on to stay warm to start . then having to move snow far enough off the drive so you have a place to put it as the season goes on .  the cables on wench busting / u bolts coming un done  from raising plow to much to often . 

again with the wind and snow blowing back in the side you have no windshield wiper unless you get one of those to . 

with a old rusted out 2500 and a plow you get in turn the heat on and plow with the radio on remote in your lap in your sweat pants   and a t shirt 

23 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Why is it the wrong tool? :dunno: 

Planning on a weekend of test riding a RZR and a General on the weekend of the 12th or Memorial Day weekend, I've read reviews of the Havoc and comparisons of it to the General while very good it has seats that suck, although for the price difference I could probably replace them with Recaros.

The Havoc appears to be built like a tank compared to polaris. The suspension in polaris's is very poorly constructed- light duty. The havoc looks like something out of a 3/4 ton truck. 

8 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

T-Cat man told me the General rides real nice and then I saw below, I believe you on the X3 :bc: 

Why do they suck to plow with? :dunno: 

how many property management guys do you see plowing with a atv? how about commercial property's or university property ?

it is a home owners tool just like all home owner tools always a compromise .

if I am not mistaken you will be plowing in snow country the up right   . miss heading up a few weekends then you will have a real treat to deal with with a atv 

it works just not like a truck  with the weight and power behind it along with real a plow.

not saying it will not work but again what do you have to pay per push in the up? I have had a plow for a atv said screw all that yrs ago sold it all and still years to go paying per push till I am behind . then when it is snowing at home and I am out west or up north I dont get a call when are you coming home to plow . I can be out playing in the snow not moving it around the yard  

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

how many property management guys do you see plowing with a atv? how about commercial property's or university property ?

if I am not mistaken you will be plowing in snow country the up right   . miss heading up a few weekends then you will have a real treat to deal with with a atv 

it works just not like a truck  with the weight and power behind it along with real a plow.

not saying it will not work but again what do you have to pay per push in the up? I have had a plow for a atv said screw all that yrs ago sold it all and still years to go paying per push till I am behind . then when it is snowing at home and I am out west or up north I dont get a call when are you coming home to plow . I can be out playing in the snow not moving it around the yard  

Dude, he lives in Chicago.  An ATV plow would work there.  I know plenty up here with them.  Good for small jobs...most have plow trucks too.  Or a good Ariens for the real stuff.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Dude, he lives in Chicago.  An ATV plow would work there.  I know plenty up here with them.  Good for small jobs...most have plow trucks too.  Or a good Ariens for the real stuff.

SxS won't do any better than an ATV.

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Mostly skid steers here.

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

No way would my ATV plow work unless I was up every weekend, then I have most of the grounds plowed by the time I get up.

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

well getting all your gear on to stay warm to start . then having to move snow far enough off the drive so you have a place to put it as the season goes on .  the cables on wench busting / u bolts coming un done  from raising plow to much to often . 

again with the wind and snow blowing back in the side you have no windshield wiper unless you get one of those to . 

with a old rusted out 2500 and a plow you get in turn the heat on and plow with the radio on remote in your lap in your sweat pants   and a t shirt 

That is my take too. A decent old plow truck is $1500-$2500. If its not leaving the neighborhood then no need for ins and registration. A plow truck will be twice as fast as an atv. 

I have 2 atv plows sitting next to the shed  it used to be fun  not any more  

I pay $60 to have my driveway plowed. It would take 6-8 years to make an old plow truck pay off. Plow truck spends 30 minutes doing my driveway. An atv would be an hour. 

Buy a nice RZR or Maverick and leave the plowing to the laborers. 

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

That is my take too. A decent old plow truck is $1500-$2500. If its not leaving the neighborhood then no need for ins and registration. A plow truck will be twice as fast as an atv. 

I pay $60 to have my driveway plowed. It would take 6-8 years to make an old plow truck pay off. Plow truck spends 30 minutes doing my driveway. An atv would be an hour. 

X2 on that.

2 hours ago, snowstorm said:

some of the polaris advertising said the general and rzr are built on the same frame. so thats where that comes from. the general dose have truff mode rzr dose not 

And I believe that the differential can be locked when needed, is that correct?

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Good lord!  I kinda skipped through it but, did I miss a category that the Havoc didn't win?  Was impressive.

Back end of the vid has the results, the RZR took some categories and the Havoc others, the RZR has better ergos.

Just like my ATV, I have plenty of room to push the snow off too.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Ballers don't shovel their own snow.

I don't cut the grass, fertilize, or freshen up the mulch as I like to come home on Friday's and have all that shit done by others, but I like to get out and fuck around in the snow....you don't clock over 120,000 miles on a sled because you don's like snow and cold :bc: 

No, I live south of I-80 we average about 40" of snow a year with 80" being a monster year.

41 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Then I have to look at some beater truck, in any event for me it's about getting out and fucking around in the fresh air and snow :bc:  :fluffy: 

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

I've got a 60" on the outlander for small storms. I have a horseshoe driveway so I can just push it to the outside quick.

I have a Honda 928 tracked blower, awesome.

And I have a New Holland 1920. Cab, blower, bucket. Fuck plowing. Tractor/ blower is the way to go.

I plowed for years and still do help my bud out when I can. Tractor/ blower is faster and more efficient, plus no fucking huge banks.

20171004_121529.jpg

Edited by awful knawful
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

I've got a 60" on the outlander for small storms. I have a horseshoe driveway so I can just push it to the outside quick.

I have a Honda 928 tracked blower, awesome.

And I have a New Holland 1920. Cab, blower, bucket. Fuck plowing. Tractor/ blower is the way to go.

I plowed for years and still do help my bud out when I can. Tractor/ blower is faster and more efficient, plus no fucking huge banks.

20171004_121529.jpg

Very nice set up.  That tractor can get some work done. 

How many times do you need to plow during a typical winter Vince?  I assume you will keep your SxS with the plow inside all winter?  My garage isnt all that big, 32x24.  I hated tripping over the atv/plow all the time.  Once I decided to take the plow off the atv for good it sits in the shed all winter instead of taking up valuable garage space  

I get it that you like to screw around in the snow but what would it cost to just have your driveway plowed?  My driveway is 400’ long and averages about 40’ wide.  $60 per plow job is a good deal but a nice plow truck can knock it out in under 30 minutes.  

A General/Havoc type of rig would probably be best for plowing but a Maverick would be on a whole different level of fun.  Generals/Havocs will not be much fun on wooped out trails or windy fire roads.  

57 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I don't cut the grass, fertilize, or freshen up the mulch as I like to come home on Friday's and have all that shit done by others, but I like to get out and fuck around in the snow....you don't clock over 120,000 miles on a sled because you don's like snow and cold :bc: 

No, I live south of I-80 we average about 40" of snow a year with 80" being a monster year.

Reread, for home use it will be just fine, not for up north.  Just too much snow.  Did that for a bit at home with the Suzuki and it was fun, up north its overwelming.:bc:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I don't know...just read "Better to just head south...." and just figured it fit.  Plus, this gif always makes me giggle.  :lmao:

Fuck winter. Come north for a bit..rent a sled...back to warm.

Sounds very revkev like...but Idgaf. :lol:

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Insurance is included.

No.

15 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Not always!!!! 

My kids buddy can tell you all about that bullshit, what a total fuck over these assholes are, no insurance is available and they claim all kinds of bullshit when the sled comes back damaged.

https://lolrec.com/