Bonter fire sale

Poncho

I was in Bonters once about 11-12 years ago and never stepped foot in the place again! I went in, my 5 year old son and I, inquiring about trail passes and the owners son asked me what quad I rode, to which I told him a Yamaha Grizzly. He ranted on dropping "F" bombs about how good Polaris atvs were and how shitty Yamahas were. Needless to say, after dealing with this arrogant prick and reminding him my son was only 5, I gladly left and never went back. I had no idea it was sold or for sale but truthfully I won't miss seeing it on my way into Marmora throughout the summer! Good riddance! 

• Like 3

Nothing suspicious there.....

Polaris Q1 sled sales were below expectations.  Their quads are keeping them alive.  And the Slingshot..... lol. 

Edited by Puzzleboy

My rzr was just about to enter the shop. Fire Marshal deternined that the oil furnace malfunctioned . New ownership last July, have always treated me well.Better than previous.

• Like 1

Surprising sled sales missed their target, considering they're dumping their sleds to compete.  Perhaps sled buyers are more discriminating than we thought.....

"Admitting that overall snowmobile sales were still below expectations this past season..... "

On 4/28/2018 at 11:23 PM, Poncho said:

On 4/26/2018 at 11:53 AM, irv said:

I was in Bonters once about 11-12 years ago and never stepped foot in the place again! I went in, my 5 year old son and I, inquiring about trail passes and the owners son asked me what quad I rode, to which I told him a Yamaha Grizzly. He ranted on dropping "F" bombs about how good Polaris atvs were and how shitty Yamahas were. Needless to say, after dealing with this arrogant prick and reminding him my son was only 5, I gladly left and never went back. I had no idea it was sold or for sale but truthfully I won't miss seeing it on my way into Marmora throughout the summer! Good riddance! 

I have no idea why salesmen have to act like dicks.

Back in '03 when I was snowchecking my 'doo, the salesman was all blah blah blah about how shitty Poos were. He should've just shut the fuck up about it as I knew what I was ordering & didn't need to hear this BS.

Well fall rolls around & I go to pick up my sled. The salesman wasn't there & another sales guy handled the delivery. When I was talking to 1 of the mechanics, he said that Art was gone. I said oh. "Yep selling Polarises now". (This was when there was a short lived Poo dealer beside White Water). I don't recall what I thought or said (mech' was a decent guy) but I'm pretty sure some words that rhymed w/ duck & hunt were used.

9 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Perhaps sled buyers are more discriminating than we thought.....

Yep, looks like they are....from BRPs Q1 report

Seasonal Products

Revenues from Seasonal Products decreased by $46.2 million, or 9.4%, to $443.3 million for the three-month period ended January 31, 2018, compared with $489.5 million for the corresponding period ended January 31, 2017. The decrease was driven by a lower volume of snowmobiles sold resulting from the late introduction of the REV Gen4 platform last year and from an unfavourable foreign exchange rate variation of $3 million. The decrease was partially offset by a higher volume of PWC sold due to industry growth

• Like 1

As a general rule, whether it be business or personal life, I listen to sales people with an expectation that they are over promising on their product. The one thing that will put the brakes on regarding any interest I have in doing business with them is when they bash the competitors product. They should be telling me what the good features of their product are. Now if I ask for example how does the fuel capacity of their product/model compare to the competitors product/model and they just tell me the facts that's great.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 02sled said:

As a general rule, whether it be business or personal life, I listen to sales people with an expectation that they are over promising on their product. The one thing that will put the brakes on regarding any interest I have in doing business with them is when they bash the competitors product. They should be telling me what the good features of their product are. Now if I ask for example how does the fuel capacity of their product/model compare to the competitors product/model and they just tell me the facts that's great.

I agree.  There is also nothing wrong with stating what they do better than the competition.

• Like 2

Possible that they don't know the product? The clown that I was dealing w/ had bounced around the area selling other non-sled products. Just another example of why salespeople are stereotyped as azzhats.

• Like 1

Rule 1 in sales.  Dont be critical of competitors product.  Quite often salesmen talk bad about a product and the customer may have purchased that product in past and believed he did well.  Then the sales guy insults him about a buying decision he was proud of.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

Rule 1 in sales.  Dont be critical of competitors product.  Quite often salesmen talk bad about a product and the customer may have purchased that product in past and believed he did well.  Then the sales guy insults him about a buying decision he was proud of.

Explains why no one on Freedom Sledder is in sales....lol

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Poncho said:

LOL

I remember talking to a friend's brother that worked on the parts counter of 1 of the local Crappy Tires years ago. 2 guys come in w/ a box containing a shiny remanufactured starter. Everything looked OK except that half the drive teeth were broken off. They wanted their money back. They had tried installing the starter in a 70s something Econoline van on their own. They got all uppity w/ him when they didn't get a refund. He got the manager & they repeated the same nonsense.

The next time I was talking to Gord, I said that episode is why I was glad I didn't deal w/ the public as I would've told them, "You guys fucked up, you're on your own!"

Edited by revrnd

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

Unfortunately there are way to many people that believe they are not in sales yet their actions can greatly impact a sales transaction.

Our service techs and service department are our number one sales asset.   

And I believe every person out there is part of a sales team in some sense.  Even a construction labourer is part of selling.  It’s all attitude and positive experience for your company success.  

• Like 1

Cool story.....  but incorrect.  Q1 has not been announced yet.  That is Q4 from the previous RY.   Better leave this one to the adults.  lol

Anyway, good to see Poo turning a profit, after net losses the previous year; competition is good for all. 

Here are the real numbers from last RY (including Q4) for BRP.  Record revenue of 4.5 billion.  Profit of 115 mil even with the new product introductions.  Respectable, but EPS could/should be better.  But $15-$52 in 3 years on Doo-T ain't too bad for us little folk....

But the real question is...... how are they even making money with all those 850 failures? 

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/03/21/1443397/0/en/BRP-Reports-Fourth-Quarter-and-Record-Fiscal-Year-2018-Results.html

Highlights for the year vs FY2017:

• Record revenues of $4,487 million, an 8% increase;
  • Normalized EBITDA[1] of $559 million, an 11% increase;
  • Net income of $275 million resulting in a diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $2.54, an increase of 12% or $0.27 per share;
  • Normalized net income[1] of $257 million resulting in a normalized diluted EPS[1] of $2.38, an increase of 21% or $0.42 per share;
  • Returned $480M of capital to shareholders through share repurchases and the introduction of a quarterly dividend;
  • Entered the trail SSV segment with the Can-Am Maverick Trail model, introduced a new Sea-Doo PWC platform and expanded the Ski-Doo and Lynx REV Gen4 snowmobile platform to more models;
  • Relocated its North American sales office to Texas to be closer and better connected to the U.S.market, the largest for BRP; and
  • Invested to increase the production capacity of its Juarez 2 and Queretaro manufacturing facilities to meet demand in Year-Round and Seasonal products.

Highlights for the quarter vs Q4 FY2017:

• Revenues of $1,263 million for the fourth quarter of FY2018, a 3% decrease, as expected;
  • Net income of $115 million resulting in a diluted EPS of $1.12, a decrease of 16% or $0.10 per share;
  • Normalized diluted EPS[1] of $0.96, a decrease of 4% or $0.04 per share;
  • Announced a quarterly dividend of $0.09 per share, an increase from the $0.08 dividend paid in the previous quarter; and
  • Announced renewal of its normal course issuer bid.

12 hours ago, Allison Burgers said:

Yep, looks like they are....from BRPs Q1 report

Seasonal Products

Revenues from Seasonal Products decreased by $46.2 million, or 9.4%, to $443.3 million for the three-month period ended January 31, 2018, compared with $489.5 million for the corresponding period ended January 31, 2017. The decrease was driven by a lower volume of snowmobiles sold resulting from the late introduction of the REV Gen4 platform last year and from an unfavourable foreign exchange rate variation of $3 million. The decrease was partially offset by a higher volume of PWC sold due to industry growth

33 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Cool story.....  but incorrect.  Q1 has not been announced yet.  That is Q4 from the previous RY.   Better leave this one to the adults.  lol

Anyway, good to see Poo turning a profit, after net losses the previous year; competition is good for all. 

Here are the real numbers from last RY (including Q4) for BRP.  Record revenue of 4.5 billion.  Profit of 115 mil even with the new product introductions.  Respectable, but EPS could/should be better.  But $15-$52 in 3 years on Doo-T ain't too bad for us little folk....

But the real question is...... how are they even making money with all those 850 failures? 

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/03/21/1443397/0/en/BRP-Reports-Fourth-Quarter-and-Record-Fiscal-Year-2018-Results.html

• Net income of $275 million resulting in a diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $2.54, an increase of 12% or $0.27 per share;
  • Normalized net income[1] of $257 million resulting in a normalized diluted EPS[1] of $2.38, an increase of 21% or $0.42 per share;
  • Returned $480M of capital to shareholders through share repurchases and the introduction of a quarterly dividend;
  • Entered the trail SSV segment with the Can-Am Maverick Trail model, introduced a new Sea-Doo PWC platform and expanded the Ski-Doo and Lynx REV Gen4 snowmobile platform to more models;
  • Relocated its North American sales office to Texas to be closer and better connected to the U.S.market, the largest for BRP; and
  • Invested to increase the production capacity of its Juarez 2 and Queretaro manufacturing facilities to meet demand in Year-Round and Seasonal products.

• Revenues of $1,263 million for the fourth quarter of FY2018, a 3% decrease, as expected;
  • Net income of $115 million resulting in a diluted EPS of $1.12, a decrease of 16% or $0.10 per share;
  • Announced a quarterly dividend of $0.09 per share, an increase from the $0.08 dividend paid in the previous quarter; and

Wow we all figured you would come back with another Jizzle-Doo love story.  Your short replies are noted...lol...butthurt noted.   Lol

5 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Yes...and the part I posted is right in the link you posted but you conveniently posted the parts you like...but the results clearly state:

Revenues from Seasonal Products decreased by $46.2 million, or 9.4%, to $443.3 million for the three-month period ended January 31, 2018, compared with $489.5 million for the corresponding period ended January 31, 2017. The decrease was driven by a lower volume of snowmobiles sold resulting from the late introduction of the REV Gen4 platform last year and from an unfavourable foreign exchange rate variation of $3 million. The decrease was partially offset by a higher volume of PWC sold due to industry growth.

I think all sled manufacturers took a beating last year which was my point...but you missed it again and took it personal....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Where does the $700 million government grant come in?

Does that fall under would have lost almost $600 million?

I don’t follow Bombardier to close and will never buy from a company that screws Canadians who have to bail it out.  We should never pay more for a snowmobile in Canada then our USA counterparts.  But rape and pillage is Bombardier moto.