Furnace help

Just now, motonoggin said:

Lmao it's not like he's getting advice on installing a new heat exchanger or something. No one is going to die from replacing a bad sensor. Jesus. :lmao:

Snonuts is a fucking plumber dude........he indeed thinks someone is going to die if they replace a thermocouple or of they unclog their own toilet :lol: 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

He did, I didn't see that?  The flame ignitor/flame sensor is a single unit on this furnace it looks like.

Neal

It says standing pilot right on the bottom of the print......he said he replaced the thermocouple I think on the first page

I've never heard of an integrated igniter/sensor before

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

It says standing pilot right on the bottom of the print......he said he replaced the thermocouple I think on the first page

Are you kidding? They are very common you idiot. How do you live with yourself thinking you're smarter than you really  are?

Just now, snoughnut said:

Are you kidding? They are very common you idiot. How do you live with yourself thinking you're smarter than you really  are?

well I'm not a fucking HVAC guy you moron.......I dont know a whole hell of a lot more than the next guy does about HVAC aside from the fact that I can look at that print and tell you how it works.....

Show me a fucking igniter/sensor that is one unit you fucking retarded assfuck. 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

well I'm not a fucking HVAC guy you moron.......I dont know a whole hell of a lot more than the next guy does about HVAC aside from the fact that I can look at that print and tell you how it works.....

Show me a fucking igniter/sensor that is one unit you fucking retarded ass fuck. 

Here you go you stupid moron. :lmao:

image.png.df745ae57b5c0d103181242cb58053bf.png

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

You say that now but when the gas valve fills the house you might change your tune!  :lol:

Neal

Well if you don't know enough to leak check it you probably should call someone 

Just now, snoughnut said:

Here you go you stupid moron. :lmao:

image.png.df745ae57b5c0d103181242cb58053bf.png

That is two separate devices you fucking retard......see the igniter rod and the thermocouple :lol: sweet fuck are you dumb 

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The pilot would not be the flame that the flame sensor detects, it would be the main burner flame.

https://www.starsupplyusa.com/products/nordyne-miller-intertherm-flame-sensors--hot-surface-igniters/igniter-fm-903110

:bc:

Neal

Just now, f7ben said:

That is two separate devices you fucking retard......see the igniter rod and the thermocouple :lol: sweet fuck are you dumb 

No it is not you stupid fucker, I change alot of ignitor/flame sensors for power vent water heaters and most of them are combination units, you can't purchase them separately.

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

The pilot would not be the flame that the flame sensor detects, it would be the main burner flame.

https://www.starsupplyusa.com/products/nordyne-miller-intertherm-flame-sensors--hot-surface-igniters/igniter-fm-903110

:bc:

Neal

Of course......never seen a unit like that with only two wires. Wonder how it works. Appears to be a UV style sensor wrapped in igniter coil. milivolt dc signal used over the igniter current?

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

No it is not you stupid fucker, I change alot of ignitor/flame sensors for power vent water heaters and most of them are combination units, you can't purchase them separately.

Holy fucking shit.....I could cut the wires and wire them separately.....they are not integrated you fucking moron. Just cause they share the same fucking plug :lol: 

I know how a fucking thermocouple works and how that igniter works ......I could build the whole furnace control circuit from shit laying around my shop 

God damn are you fucking retarded :lol: 

Edited by f7ben

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Holy fucking shit.....I could cut the wires and wire them separately.....they are not integrated you fucking moron. Just cause they share the same fucking plug :lol: 

I know how a fucking thermocouple works and how that igniter works ......I could build the whole furnace control circuit from shit laying around my shop 

God damn are you fucking retarded :lol: 

How the fuck you even know how to breathe is amazing.

• Haha 1

The assembly Neal posted is actually two separate devices as well......its a UV sensor or flame rod wrapped in an igniter coil. They must use the common wire for the igniter coil as the flame sensor wire as well and the control board looks for the millivolt signal on the common wire after the igniter is switched off

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

How the fuck you even know how to breathe is amazing.

They are two separate devices you retarded fuck.....do your fucking eyes not work you brain dead fucking retard :lol: fucking low IQ plumber gonna sit and argue with a controls electrician about electrical devices :lol: what an absolute fucking retard you are 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Of course......never seen a unit like that with only two wires. Wonder how it works. Appears to be a UV style sensor wrapped in igniter coil. milivolt dc signal used over the igniter current?

I would think so.  

However there wouldn't be a HSI in a pilot style furnace, just a pilot/thermocouple rig like @snoughnut posted.

I'm going along with the gas valve being the culprit.  :bc:

Neal

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

I would think so.  

However there wouldn't be a HSI in a pilot style furnace, just a pilot/thermocouple rig like @snoughnut posted.

I'm going along with the gas valve being the culprit.  :bc:

Neal

exactly ....

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Idk, is a plumber qualified to do that sort of work on a heating appliance?

not our resident plumber :lol: he doesnt even know what the word integrated means