A Weekend at Bernie's

That's about how long this crackpot scheme would last! :bashhead:

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) is set to unveil a plan that would give American workers who want or need jobs guaranteed government jobs that pay at least $15 per hour and have health benefits.

The progressive Vermont senator’s guaranteed jobs plan would entitle any American a job or job training in U.S.-funded projects in infrastructure, the environment, caregiving, and education, but he did not provide a cost-estimate or plan to fund the proposal, the Washington Post reported.

“It would be extremely expensive, and I wonder if this is the best, most targeted use of the amount of money it would cost,” said Ernie Tedeschi, an economist who worked for the Treasury during the Obama administration.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/04/24/sen-bernie-sanders-unveil-plan-give-every-american-guaranteed-government-job/

4 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Good grief man. Give it a rest. I believe we all agree overseas military spending is outrageous, we get it. Focus.

Right.....so why is Bernie's idea so bad and "out there" yet the military does essentially the same thing on a much grander scale with nefarious intentions and results

Bernie is a big thinker that challenges the status quo. Whats so bad about giving someone a job and getting them off the dole. 

I see you in here railing against all this spending yet I never see a fucking peep out of you about the worst offender in welfare which is the US military by many multiples 

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Sounds like 10000x better idea than spending 1 trillion a year on the bullshit military 

No. Its equally as fucking stupid as spending trillions on the military.

• Like 1

Just now, Kivalo said:

No. Its equally as fucking stupid as spending trillions on the military.

Nope....giving someone a job and paying them 15$ an hour is countless times better than teaching someone to kill and then employing them to do so without cause

If you disagree with that you are a fucking moron 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Nope....giving someone a job and paying them 15$ an hour is countless times better than teaching someone to kill and then employing them to do so without cause

Just think for a moment....imagine the throats you could have already slit if you were taught to kill.

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Bullshit! I have seen you bitch about big government and now you're acquiescing? OK, sure its slightly less stupid then spending ass-loads on wars but, in this case, slightly less stupid is still monumentally stupid. This is idiotic! There are only so many jobs to be done by government, increasing it's size for no reason other than to provide jobs is fucking asinine. That money would be better "spent" by giving it back to the people who earned it, the middle class. The money "borrowed/spent" to fund the military would be better used by not being borrowed/spent in the first place.  WTF, dude?

Edited by Kivalo
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Right.....so why is Bernie's idea so bad and "out there" yet the military does essentially the same thing on a much grander scale with nefarious intentions and results

Bernie is a big thinker that challenges the status quo. Whats so bad about giving someone a job and getting them off the dole. 

I see you in here railing against all this spending yet I never see a fucking peep out of you about the worst offender in welfare which is the US military by many multiples 

How so? If you're not a career soldier/officer, you get minimal dick. Hence the outrage over homeless and under insured veterans. If you vet yourself for the full 20 and make a career out of it, you get just above dick. The reason I don't pipe up to bash the military is, as I've stated, I have many many family and friends in the services. Although I disagree with the person's playing the moves, I stand behind my pawns, rooks, bishops and knights. 

As far as giving out more government cush jobs, being regulated and manipulated by the man, further separating government and state, I figured you might have a problem with that. Imagine the entire census reporting to the government regime. Talk about bootlicking. :pan:

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

How so? If you're not a career soldier/officer, you get minimal dick. Hence the outrage over homeless and under insured veterans. If you vet yourself for the full 20 and make a career out of it, you get just above dick. The reason I don't pipe up to bash the military is, as I've stated, I have many many family and friends in the services. Although I disagree with the person's playing the moves, I stand behind my pawns, rooks, bishops and knights. 

As far as giving out more government cush jobs, being regulated and manipulated by the man, further separating government and state, I figured you might have a problem with that. Imagine the entire census reporting to the government regime. Talk about bootlicking. :pan:

Nobody is talking about what E4 Joe Blow  gets paid rather the trillions wasted on weapons and wasteful missions....SMH.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

@$15k per kid, school is a $750,000,000,000 proposition.

Hardly chump change.

Whst’s More important.....educating our populace or killing innocents around the world....nevermind I know your answer.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Nobody is talking about what E4 Joe Blow  gets paid rather the trillions wasted on weapons and wasteful missions....SMH.

Um, but what they are talking about is giving every kid a 15 buck an hour job, at a cost of what ever, 750 billion?  What could go wrong there?  

20 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Um, but what they are talking about is giving every kid a 15 buck an hour job, at a cost of what ever, 750 billion?  What could go wrong there?  

Yet you have no problem spending trillions around the globe doing what again....oh yeah fighting them over there so we don’t have to fight them here or some such bullshit....SMH.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yet you have no problem spending trillions around the globe doing what again....oh yeah fighting them over there so we don’t have to fight them here or some such bullshit....SMH.

The thread isn't about the military spending... SMH

Follow the bouncing ball...

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

who said I had no problem with it?  I'd love to have more accountability from all parts of government, especially the military.  On the other hand, I've read plenty about how our readiness has deteriorated over the past 10 years.  Find reconciliation with that and maybe that issue gets solved.  Besides, I thought this was about Bernies fucking hare brained scheme, cuz thats what it is. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

The thread isn't about the military spending... SMH

Follow the bouncing ball...

Its about is it better to take care of Americans or line the pockets of military contractors whose business is destabilizing the world... 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

who said I had no problem with it?  I'd love to have more accountability from all parts of government, especially the military.  On the other hand, I've read plenty about how our readiness has deteriorated over the past 10 years.  Find reconciliation with that and maybe that issue gets solved.  Besides, I thought this was about Bernies fucking hare brained scheme, cuz thats what it is. 

Thank you! :congrats:

25 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Oh fuck off......fucking moron. Readiness has deteriorated :lol: whats it gonna take to be "ready" 2 trillion .....fucking brain dead moron

Everything that isnt military waste is always "hair brained" and you always find a way to defend the massive government military welfare. You are a bootlicking scared ass bed wetting pussy 

dont forget about all of the foreign aid that doesnt get protested by the so called "conservatives" but give an American a public education and "FUCK THAT!!!!"

1-countries-scaled-to-economic-aid-from-usa-a800.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1