Mobile Hotspots

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Legend said:

The Nighthawk hot spot is the hot shit right now. It will use 4 bands simultaneously on ATT. Which would make it faster than anything else. IDK if they have bands for VZW on it. You'll have to check.

I cannot get fuckin wired internet at my house, even though I live 2 miles outside of a town. I have 2 hotspots I currently use for internet. Both work fine for me, I dont do gaming but stream often. Both my hotspots are ATT. My phones are VZW. One ATT account is $20/month unlimited, supposed to throttle after 22gb, but Ive never been throttled on that one. I usually go through 100-300gb a month. The other account is through a ATT vendor out of IL. That is $70 for unlimited with a throttle after 50gb. But that one is often slower speeds than the other. And Ive been throttled on that one too, but usually only lasts a little while.

We are supposedly getting fixed wireless here, so I will probably drop the $70 account.

Any idea about how many (ballpark) TV shows/movies that amounts too via Netflix/amazon/hulu/youtube/etc..? I'm looking to substitute a standard cable account with a hotspot because I wont be in a position to get a landline for a at least 5 months.

Think about all the radio waves traveling through our bodies on a daily basis. Wireless this, Bluetooth that. That's why the aliens don't abduct us anymore, they planted this technology to remotely monitor us! All the space fuel they burned having to travel here regularly was cooking our atmosphere, creating global warming! Their research isn't complete yet, they saw they couldn't reach the end game with our degrading ecosystem. Taking away our will one rusty Tonka truck at a time, spoon feeding us shitty reality TV and remake CGI movies! Now banning and proposed confiscation of firearms! Dont be fooled, once their thesis is finished, they will surely be back to make sure all evidence is disavowed and wiped from history! Wake up people! :t5:

:hdchr:

57 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Any idea about how many (ballpark) TV shows/movies that amounts too via Netflix/amazon/hulu/youtube/etc..? I'm looking to substitute a standard cable account with a hotspot because I wont be in a position to get a landline for a at least 5 months.

HD in 720 is approx 1GB per hr. 1080 is approx 1.5GB per hr. 4K is approx 7GB per hr. Of course you have streamsaver on some cell providers that you have to turn off. And some streaming devices only have certain resolutions they can do. And some streaming services only do certain resolutions.

You can pretty much get 720 with most everything. Some dont do 4K, which doesnt matter to me. Waste of bandwith IMO.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Legend said:

HD in 720 is approx 1GB per hr. 1080 is approx 1.5GB per hr. 4K is approx 7GB per hr. Of course you have streamsaver on some cell providers that you have to turn off. And some streaming devices only have certain resolutions they can do. And some streaming services only do certain resolutions.

You can pretty much get 720 with most everything. Some dont do 4K, which doesnt matter to me. Waste of bandwith IMO.

Thanks Legend, I had no idea that was the case. If I understand you right I can watch roughly 20hrs of video  before Verizon throttles me. Thats actually quite a bit more than enough.

Just now, Kivalo said:

Thanks Legend, I had no idea that was the case. If I understand you right I can watch roughly 20hrs of video  before Verizon throttles me. Thats actually quite a bit more than enough.

Who knows what VZW will let you watch. Those fuckers are corrupt as hell.

Im on a metered plan on VZW for our phones, and we have carryover data. We use hardly any data for the first 25 days of the month, but the last 5 we go through it like fuckin crazy. But yet our habits dont change at all. We never go over, but hardly any carryover either. When we first got it, we had good carryover. Then the fags raised prices and got rid of most metered plans in a push for more expensive "unlimited data" with a depriortization after 22gb. What a fuckin crock of shit.

BTW, T-mobile got an agreement with US Celluar to be on their towers. Might be something to check into.

I keep an eye on all that shit to try to get best deals. They all are a scam.

Edited by Legend

• Gold Member
35 minutes ago, Legend said:

BTW, T-mobile got an agreement with US Celluar to be on their towers. Might be something to check into.

I keep an eye on all that shit to try to get best deals. They all are a scam.

True fucking story!!!

10 hours ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Think about all the radio waves traveling through our bodies on a daily basis. Wireless this, Bluetooth that. That's why the aliens don't abduct us anymore, they planted this technology to remotely monitor us! All the space fuel they burned having to travel here regularly was cooking our atmosphere, creating global warming! Their research isn't complete yet, they saw they couldn't reach the end game with our degrading ecosystem. Taking away our will one rusty Tonka truck at a time, spoon feeding us shitty reality TV and remake CGI movies! Now banning and proposed confiscation of firearms! Dont be fooled, once their thesis is finished, they will surely be back to make sure all evidence is disavowed and wiped from history! Wake up people! :t5:

:hdchr:

Your body absorbed all kinds of natural radiation before....the atmosphere doesnt filter out 100% of everything ....soils and rocks and sediments etc emit some radiation

2 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Not what I was talking about, but yes, this is true.

Lol

The jury is still out on how harmful all the long wave radiation we absorb is.......people said the same shit about microwave ovens 50 years ago and that turned out to be idiocy