The 84 month loan

https://jalopnik.com/84-month-auto-loans-are-becoming-more-common-because-yo-1825414883

Think there will be a bailout?

Records have been set in practically every metric for auto loans, as of late: Americans owe a record $1.1 trillion in loans; a record 20 percent of new car loans have 72 month terms; people are overall paying record amounts for a new car; and a record 6.3 million people are 90 days or more behind on their loans.

Naturally, the industry’s responding by helping more buyers continue to stretch their wallets.

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I what the interest on that long term note will end up being? 

High! Wicked high!. Companies offer 0% for qualified buyers on shorter term notes. Stretched out the bank has to compensate for deprecation. Then when you go to trade in, you still have a larger pay off! Stupidest thing I've heard today...

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Lets be clear.....this is by no means the fault of the consumer.   Fucking auto makers and dealers forcing people into cars is complete bullshit.  

34 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Lets be clear.....this is by no means the fault of the consumer.   Fucking auto makers and dealers forcing people into cars is complete bullshit.  

Was this sarcasm?

I agree, new vehicles are extremely overpriced! The manufacturers are playing the market place, they aren't forcing anyone to buy them. I buy a half loaded truck with 40k on it for -1/3 of the same new model routinely. Not that I couldn't afford afford a new one, but because it's a smarter decision.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I agree:

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Just have to have that one step up model over your neighbor, co worker or friend.

MC is spot on. The manufacturers are charging what the customer will pay. This is absolutely the consumers fault. I'm not talking about a corporation buying new, when tax implications warrant a benefit. It's the keeping up with the Jones's that caused this. Fuck the Jones's, they're pricks anyways, I laugh when my dogs shit on their lawn... :hdchr:

• Like 1

Just now, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Was this sarcasm?

I agree, new vehicles are extremely overpriced! The manufacturers are playing the market place, they aren't forcing anyone to buy them. I buy a half loaded truck with 40k on it for -1/3 of the same new model routinely. Not that I couldn't afford afford a new one, but because it's a smarter decision.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I agree:

MC is spot on. The manufacturers are charging what the customer will pay. This is absolutely the consumers fault. I'm not talking about a corporation buying new, when tax implications warrant a benefit. It's the keeping up with the Jones's that caused this. Fuck the Jones's, they're pricks anyways, I laugh when my dogs shit on their lawn... :hdchr:

Just a little bit.   I just laugh how the consumer is never given ANY blame for the housing crash.  Know what the fuck you can afford before you buy it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

:saluting:

Someone can go out and buy 2 huge SUV's and a sports car they can't afford and its their fault but they go out and build and buy a house (or two) they can't and its not.  :lol: 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Someone can go out and buy 2 huge SUV's and a sports car they can't afford and its their fault but they go out and build and buy a house (or two) they can't and its not.  :lol: 

I got fucked (in an equity standpoint) because of that crash. The banks pushed for a waaay over approved amount I wasn't comfortable with. They pushed the ARM'S and, told me it would be a great move. I said nope, took points, purchased under my means. Today I'm patting my head and rubbing my belly. Some of the shit they try to pull should be a punchable offense. Yes, punchable, fancy bank loan officer tries to sell you rubbish, you punch him. The real officers show up and let you go, "that guy is an ass, have a nice day sir"...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

I tried to do a 12 month yesterday and they said no..

Because they won't make as much money off of you, and has less of a chance of repossession. Boggling to the mind for sure. "You don't want my money"????

The days of no cash and, broke as shit are upon us. Local banks with a collateral loan offer the best interest rates anyway. Unless it's a toy, and you get the 0% for short $ on an incentive deal. What kinda mouth breather buys a 70k++ F150?? They're idiots! :nuts2:

• Like 1

Just now, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Because they won't make as much money off of you, and has less of a chance of repossession. Boggling to the mind for sure. "You don't want my money"????

The days of no cash and, broke as shit are upon us. Local banks with a collateral loan offer the best interest rates anyway. Unless it's a toy, and you get the 0% for short $ on an incentive deal. What kinda mouth breather buys a 70k++ F150?? They're idiots! :nuts2:

I'm having fun with them, today I offered cash for a new 2018 Chevy Crew cab and they bulked, they want me to talk to some supervisor and I said no, cash offer only now or I told them I'll go somewhere else, we'll see what the say tomorrow. I won't give them my phone number so they are e-mailing me, funny.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I'm having fun with them, today I offered cash for a new 2018 Chevy Crew cab and they bulked, they want me to talk to some supervisor and I said no, cash offer only now or I told them I'll go somewhere else, we'll see what the say tomorrow. I won't give them my phone number so they are e-mailing me, funny.

Probably because Chevy people aren't bright, should have gone to a Ford dealer! :bc:

Lol! "you go talk to the supervisor, see what he advises you to do"!

• Like 1

Was this one...

2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab  LT 4WD All Star Edition, Engine: 5.3L EcoTec3 V8, LT Plus Package, Spray-On Pickup Box Bed Liner, Tires: P265/65R18 AT WOL, Integrated Trailer Brake Controller, Heated Driver & Front Passenger Seats, LED Cargo Box Lighting, 5.3L V8, 4WD, automatic, Crew Cab, 2 miles, Red Hot, stock # H18110, new, Personal Audio Connection, Tow Package / Trailer Hitch, Bluetooth / Hands free phone, 4WD/AWD/4X4, 4D Crew Cab, EcoTec3 ... view details
  • $50,050
  • Price $39,165

1 minute ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Probably because Chevy people aren't bright, should have gone to a Ford dealer! :bc:

Tried the Ford dealership last week, they were ever worse..lol

• Haha 1

I always buy brand new trucks but always a year old when they are relatively cheep . just like my sleds and bikes . i have shoped used and the new holdovers are not much more if at all 

I usually keep them till dead just trade them down to a worker after 3 yrs . 

this one I own now I have been rolling 5 yrs but my company did by a car for the first time last year so I still had deductions so was not in any hurry to get a new overpriced work truck 

3 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

they dont want your cash they make more on the financing than selling you for cash. they can't hide the cash any way 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Just a little bit.   I just laugh how the consumer is never given ANY blame for the housing crash.  Know what the fuck you can afford before you buy it.  

You and the boys can gather up a shame squad, place all those morons in the middle, and point your fingers at em. Meanwhile the predacious lenders can walk away and have us bail em out later. It’s fucking magic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

You and the boys can gather up a shame squad, place all those morons in the middle, and point your fingers at em. Meanwhile the predacious lenders can walk away and have us bail em out later. It’s fucking magic. 

oh yes those poor people the banks made them go in over there head . 

and fuck the banks but remember they were to big to fail. 

and let us not forget who helped set all that bull shit up in the first place 

• Like 1