He Must Of Stayed....

4 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

If every dollar spent at NASA returns 3 why would you want to cut their budget?

I have a buddy that works for the city in a department that's only responsibility is to make the city more green in its' energy use. 

The kind of things Trumpsters on here rail against all of the time. 

Global warming is a scam, blah blah blah. You'd all cut his department in a second.

Their department was running at $3.00 in saving for every dollar spent and some numb nut of a councillor started going on about cutting the budget or eliminating the department in order to "save" money. 

That would be like me shutting down a machine I make $90,000.00 profit on per year to save the $30,000.00 in utilities and manpower.

so you need a full city department with full benefits and pensions to go around and say yeah let's replace street lights with led and slap in some programmable t stats and switches . great I am sure the works department manager could have never figured that stuff out on there own with out the created buracricy you hold so close to your heart .

3 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

NASA helped drive American tech innovation forward at an astounding rate. That pays dividends on the back end... If there is going to be something worthy of an investment, it is better that than the military or handouts. 

that was then this is now . again they are doing nothing the privet sector is not doing better . he'll they are not even going to space on there own. board it up 

• Platinum Contributing Member

NASA's FY 2011 budget of $18.4 billion represented about 0.5% of the $3.4 trillion United States federal budget during that year, or about 35% of total spending on academic scientific research in the United States.

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Cancer research , 5.4 billion

so where do you think the cuts should be ? cut it all to the fucking bone we do not have money to play . when your family has 200k in credit card bills do you still think it is ok to buy girls scout cookies if the den mother is taking cards . 

1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

Look how clueless the narrow minded regressives are towards investment in the future :lmao: 

00E4B118-876F-4C48-9A40-CE6FBE3E3DC0.jpeg

so tell us wire to wire what is nasa doing that the privet sector is not doing better ? 

all as you shed crocodile tears over spending 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

so where do you think the cuts should be ? cut it all to the fucking bone we do not have money to play . when your family has 200k in credit card bills do you still think it is ok to buy girls scout cookies if the den mother is taking cards . 

Start with foreign aid. One shouldn't borrow money to give it away.

Then slowly start closing obsolete bases and cut programs that the military dosnt even want. Then cut all subsidies to people and business's. 

That's a start. There are plenty more when that is accomplished.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Start with foreign aid. One shouldn't borrow money to give it away.

Then slowly start closing obsolete bases and cut programs that the military dosnt even want. Then cut all subsidies to people and business's. 

That's a start. There are plenty more when that is accomplished.

again I agree . but any cuts are good cuts I dont give 2 shits where they start or end

4 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

that was then this is now . again they are doing nothing the privet sector is not doing better . he'll they are not even going to space on there own. board it up 

Lol why the fuck do you think that is? Because their budget has been slashed... Advancement of science and exploration should be our country’s biggest priority. Doing so while working hand in hand with the private sector.  

9 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Lol why the fuck do you think that is? Because their budget has been slashed... Advancement of science and exploration should be our country’s biggest priority. Doing so while working hand in hand with the private sector.  

“Our countries biggest priority”?  Exploration?  We should let the private sector take over much of this.  Faster and more efficient.

26 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Wow , a complete sentence. Now there is something ya never see.

It was accidental and just as ignorant as any of the rest of his idiocy.

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

“Our countries biggest priority”?  Exploration?  We should let the private sector take over much of this.  Faster and more efficient.

How many of your ‘private’ companies efforts are either funded by government grants and/or government is their largest customer....

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Science and exploration. And yes. It should be. The govt should be doing everything possible to further that through both govt and private research. And there is a space for govt research and execution of that in which the private sector has no usable need. Of course the private sector is going to be inherently more efficient, but only in spaces with a profit motive. Won’t blink an eye at hundreds of billions in defense, but don’t you dare spend a couple billion on human advancement and proliferation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

How many of your ‘private’ companies efforts are either funded by government grants and/or government is their largest customer....

Exactly. That’s different hahaha :eye roll: At least our money changes hands a few times to make it seem like it’s just private company can-do-spirit. This is just like fucktards who think research universities are useless. 99% of them barely graduated high school so it isn’t too surprising I suppose...

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

Not relevant.  I made no comment on grants or funding.  

You are so fucking stupid. 

28F3D6C9-9FA6-4F90-A4C4-9D2561C1C651.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Not relevant.  I made no comment on grants or funding.  

You are so fucking stupid. 

28F3D6C9-9FA6-4F90-A4C4-9D2561C1C651.jpeg

Of course you didn't......because you’re not a critical thinker :thumbsup: 

6 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Science and exploration. And yes. It should be. The govt should be doing everything possible to further that through both govt and private research. And there is a space for govt research and execution of that in which the private sector has no usable need. Of course the private sector is going to be inherently more efficient, but only in spaces with a profit motive. Won’t blink an eye at hundreds of billions in defense, but don’t you dare spend a couple billion on human advancement and proliferation. 

I’m not sure if I agree, disagree, both or even to what extent.

”Human advancement and proliferation”.  Through NASA?

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I’m not sure if I agree, disagree, both or even to what extent.

”Human advancement and proliferation”.  Through NASA?

Do we need to go over NASA’s advancement in tech and exploration from the 20th century or are you going to pretend like that didn’t happen? 

2 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Do we need to go over NASA’s advancement in tech and exploration from the 20th century or are you going to pretend like that didn’t happen? 

Actually, yes.

Is this Tool Kit?