TEAM ARCTIC SETS HISTORIC WIN PERCENTAGES DURING 2018 SNOWMOBILE RACE SEASON

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I'm not overly preferential to any brand but doesn't the fact that so many racers choose Cat's say something?

Dude, Zam already spilled the beans on that. Cat dumps those sleds for cheap so yeah, alot of guys race them. Seems like Poo and Doo dont really give a shit about snow x anymore. They are both selling more sleds so they seem to have a better business model. The old adage that wins on race day sells on Monday doesnt really apply anymore. 

If you want to race sure, buy a cheap cat race sled and beat the fuck out of it. Cat is still throwing money at the racing program so take advantage of it. Want to ride trails or a real challenging race like the iron dog, you are gonna be on a Doo or a Poo. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Dude, Zam already spilled the beans on that. Cat dumps those sleds for cheap so yeah, alot of guys race them. Seems like Poo and Doo dont really give a shit about snow x anymore. They are both selling more sleds so they seem to have a better business model. The old adage that wins on race day sells on Monday doesnt really apply anymore. 

If you want to race sure, buy a cheap cat race sled and beat the fuck out of it. Cat is still throwing money at the racing program so take advantage of it. Want to ride trails or a real challenging race like the iron dog, you are gonna be on a Doo or a Poo. 

Maybe so and of course cost comes into racing but the fact remains their sleds perform on the snocross track.  

Just now, Highmark said:

Maybe so and of course cost comes into racing but the fact remains their sleds perform on the snocross track.  

Just not where it counts on the sales room floor 

Just now, Highmark said:

Thats great. Really means shit at the end of the day. I dont care if they shoot sprinkles and ribbons, Im not buying one, and neither are 84% of the other people buying new snowmobiles. :lol: 

29 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Not when talking to someone who thinks they have a 600 class hypersled

I own a 600 class racing sled.  Simple.

26 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Does it mention that 80% of the sleds in the races were Arctic Cats? :lol: 

No.  Because that's just plain stupid.

24 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

That and the guys that know what wins those races dont race on cats anymore... 

Moronic.

24 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'm not overly preferential to any brand but doesn't the fact that so many racers choose Cat's say something?

Yes.

19 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

What?  You are an idiot when it comes to sledding.  :lol:Well, not just sledding but, for the sake of this thread.....

16 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Just not where it counts on the sales room floor 

Really?  You don't think Cat's perfomance in racing drives sales?  REALLY?  People that buy Cats want a racing pedigree.  

15 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Thats great. Really means shit at the end of the day. I dont care if they shoot sprinkles and ribbons, Im not buying one, and neither are 84% of the other people buying new snowmobiles. :lol: 

You really did buy the right brand of sled for the drunken lake grudge races.  :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member

I'd ride any of the brands 850's or Turbo's.  :lol:  

Silber had a hell of a spring deal going on CTEC turbo kits.   Too bad they were mountain only.  Bolt on, all electronics, no cutting, adjustable boost from 3-13psi for $2995.  

Tucker Hibbert makes AC look waaaaay better than they are, imagine what Hibbert could do on a Poo or a Doo. All these racing accolades that AC has and yet they're still behind Poo and Doo in sales. :lmao: Arctic Cat brass :poke:

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Moronic.

Yes.

What?  You are an idiot when it comes to sledding.  :lol:Well, not jsut sledding but, for the sake of this thread.....

Really?  You don't think Cat's perfomance in racing drives sales?  REALLY?  People that buy Cats want a racing pedigree.  

You really did buy the right brand of sled for the drunken lake grudge races.  :lol:

Its the best and most fun sled ive ever owned. sbyl :bc: 

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Moronic.

Yes.

What?  You are an idiot when it comes to sledding.  :lol:Well, not just sledding but, for the sake of this thread.....

I just figured it out, you are really short arent you? :lol: 

Its the best and most fun sled ive ever owned. sbyl :bc: 

Don't feel sorry about my luck...at all.  Again, glad you bought the correct sled for your riding style.  :bc:

"Fun factor".

:lol:

9 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Tucker Hibbert makes AC look waaaaay better than they are, imagine what Hibbert could do on a Poo or a Doo. All these racing accolades that AC has and yet they're still behind Poo and Doo in sales. :lmao: Arctic Cat brass :poke:

"Damn Tuker Hybirtt!!!....and Fox news!!!"

:lol:

If the Cat sales and marketing teams had some foresight they'd get Tucker off the race track and into a customer facing position.  Think "Tuckers Midwest Experience".  They might develop some brand awareness. 

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Wut?  

It’s hard to ride the procross if you have long legs. There just isn’t any room. Doo and poo are much better for the taller guy.

1 minute ago, F3600 said:

If the Cat sales and marketing teams had some foresight they'd get Tucker off the race track and into a customer facing position.  Think "Tuckers Midwest Experience".  They might develop some brand awareness. 

They do pretty well with Tucker in the "customer facing position" but, I don't think that position would work for Tucker.  He seems like a pretty humble and quiet guy.  I don't think he'd enjoy that type of marketing job.  But...who knows?  Cat just needs to stay focused on capturing those podium spots.  That's what is important to their customer base.

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Vince starts this thread like it's some kind of feather in Arctic Cat's hat :lmao:

ARCTIC CAT WINS RACES!!!!!!..........but they're losing bad on the showroom floor, if anything AC should be embarrassed. :lmao:

They were beating Poo at one point.  SO....wut?  And most rags even now put Cat right behind Poo in NA.

If retards are buying sleds based on sales numbers..why the fuck would ANYBODY buy a Poo?  Pretty clear who the winner is in that arena.  Oh...yeah...but "Doos are for faggots!"  :lol:

SO then, Poo must be for faggots with a little brother complex then.  It all adds up.

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

It’s hard to ride the procross if you have long legs. There just isn’t any room. Doo and poo are much better for the taller guy.

I can dig the "comfort" ergo reason for buying a sled.  But, height doesn't make the rider.  Fact is, most race machines are uncomfortable to ride for hours on end or "miles of smiles".  That's not their design purpose.  Trying to take a chassis/frame/design largely engineered from it's race success and trying to turn it into a "cruiser" is a tough go.  I never raced raced sleds (sanctioned) but did race bikes.  My GSXR was far less comfortable than any of my buddies Yami or Kawi brands.  But it was a lot also easier to manipulate on the track.  It already puts you in the "fetal attack" postition so, you are halfway home!  

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

They were beating Poo at one point.  SO....wut?  And most rags even now put Cat right behind Poo in NA.

If retards are buying sleds based on sales numbers..why the fuck would ANYBODY buy a Poo?  Pretty clear who the winner is in that arena.  Oh...yeah...but "Doos are for faggots!"  :lol:

SO then, Poo must be for faggots with a little brother complex then.  It all adds up.

:lol: You think people buy based on sales #'s? That makes about as much sense and people buy whatever wins the most snox races. :lol: Poo has the best chassis in the game right now, if you ever rode one youd know that. But if you are really short it probably doesnt matter. :lol: 

Just now, Zambroski said:

I can dig the "comfort" ergo reason for buying a sled.  But, height doesn't make the rider.  Fact is, most race machines are uncomfortable to ride for hours on end or "miles of smiles".  That's not their design purpose.  Trying to take a chassis/frame/design largely engineered from it's race success and trying to turn it into a "cruiser" is a tough go.  I never raced raced sleds (sanctioned) but did race bikes.  My GSXR was far less comfortable than any of my buddies Yami or Kawi brands.  But it was a lot also easier to manipulate on the track.  It already puts you in the "fetal attack" postition so, you are halfway home!  

No it really isnt. You put better calibrated shocks and springs and more seat foam. Done. 

13 hours ago, Kev144 said:

The iron dog is literally one of the most gruelling races and hard on equipment.  Cat only can win by dq.   

If they actually all raced totally stock sleds, winning that race might mean something for the manufacturer.

Considering they all beef up their sleds to be strong as a fukking bulldozer, really doesn,t say much about the quality of the stock sleds, and engines.

To bad all the manufacturers don,t have the balls to put their sleds in a TOTALLY FACTORY STOCK grueling race like this, and see how far each brand could actually make it. Fuel and oil, that,s it. Not even a spare belt. Then the results might mean something,  until then, these races are more about the folks that prep them, and run them, than the machines themselves.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Snowmobilers purchase what is the best value for them in the "trail riding" world. AC is proof that consumers are not purchasing products because of the "hey, look at us, nothing but green and black on the podium" achievements. :lmao:

1 minute ago, Frostynuts said:

If they actually all raced totally stock sleds, winning that race might mean something for the manufacturer.

Considering they all beef up their sleds to be strong as a fukking bulldozer, really doesn,t say much about the quality of the stock sleds, and engines.

To bad all the manufacturers don,t have the balls to put their sleds in a TOTALLY FACTORY STOCK grueling race like this, and see how far each brand could actually make it. Fuel and oil, that,s it. Not even a spare belt. Then the results might mean something,  until then, these races are more about the folks that prep them, and run them, than the machines themselves.

Its a 600cc class race. :lol: 

:lol: You think people buy based on sales #'s? That makes about as much sense and people buy whatever wins the most snox races. :lol: Poo has the best chassis in the game right now, if you ever rode one youd know that. But if you are really short it probably doesnt matter. :lol: 

Clearly, that seems to be what most brag about.  And no, it doesn't make as much sense as people buying a brand because it wins races.  I'm 5-9ish and I'd bet I can outride your stupid ass on a plastic saucer.  :lol:

Enjoy all that "ergonomically comfortable fun factor" though.  :lol:Don't forget to pin it from the start of that 200' foot run on the lake...turn, repeat, turn, repeat, turn repeat, turn repeat.  Remember, always keep a look out for the guys knowing what REAL sleds to buy for that though.  They can see you across the lake...they'll be headed your way...and laughing once they get there.