Truck needs a paint job

9 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Good ole tetanus Tonka trucks! Kids nowadays don't know how good we had it! :goodpost:

Yup. The toys we grew up with made us into men. Cuts ,stitches ,concussion, broken bones ...and that's just from playing with a proper metal Tonka.  Not some bubble wrapped plastic pos they have nowadays :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xcr700 said:

Yup. The toys we grew up with made us into men. Cuts ,stitches ,concussion, broken bones ...and that's just from playing with a proper metal Tonka.  Not some bubble wrapped plastic pos they have nowadays :lol:

That was on a Sunday, and we still had to get up at 1/4 of 5:00 to catch the bus! :saluting:

24 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

That was on a Sunday, and we still had to get up at 1/4 of 5:00 to catch the bus! :saluting:

Oh crap . I forgot about catching the bus lol. That was some early ass shit. But we lived in a real small town so we didn't spend a lot of time driving around.  When we got older we were able to take our bikes.  I remember in 79 i made it to the local paper cause I was riding my banana seat bike in April. Fuckin hardcore lol 

12 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yup, you could fuck a kid up in the sand box with one of those babies.

Indeed lol 

I saw a TV feature last night about "free-range parenting ", letting your kids play with no supervision. :lol2:  Jeeze.....That's how we were all brought up way back when, you bruised yourself, you learned, you cut yourself you learned, you burnt the hillside behind your house you got your ass whacked. Free-range parenting.......please.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sael said:

I saw a TV feature last night about "free-range parenting ", letting your kids play with no supervision. :lol2:  Jeeze.....That's how we were all brought up way back when, you bruised yourself, you learned, you cut yourself you learned, you burnt the hillside behind your house you got your ass whacked. Free-range parenting.......please.

Free range parenting is a thing ? Wtf :lol:wow have times changed . We went outside for hours, all over the place . In the bush,up trees ,on the garage roof for our military look outs lol. Never mind shooting each other with air rifles with hamster food . Sure got hurt a lot back then. Also healed a lot and went out later . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xcr700 said:

Free range parenting is a thing ? Wtf :lol:wow have times changed . We went outside for hours, all over the place . In the bush,up trees ,on the garage roof for our military look outs lol. Never mind shooting each other with air rifles with hamster food . Sure got hurt a lot back then. Also healed a lot and went out later . 

the snowflakes parents think freerange parents are terrible and are neglecting/abusing their kids.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sael said:

Yup. Leave to these idiots nowadays to label something that was normal for us growing up.:flush:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, xcr700 said:

Can't believe I found my old Tonka in the woodshed :lol:

20180417_160531.jpg

There was a time these were highly sought after items, and still could be, but judging by the prices and the amount of them, that could have changed? Your's is rough, obviously, so not likely worth what it is to you sentimentally. http://www.ebay.com/bhp/metal-tonka-dump-truck

3 minutes ago, irv said:

There was a time these were highly sought after items, and still could be, but judging by the prices and the amount of them, that could have changed? Your's is rough, obviously, so not likely worth what it is to you sentimentally. http://www.ebay.com/bhp/metal-tonka-dump-truck

It's rough all right.  I think I kneed the box right over the cab.  It's a tad bent lol 

Just now, xcr700 said:

It's rough all right.  I think I kneed the box right over the cab.  It's a tad bent lol 

I have an old scraper, and a bottom dump 2 piece dump truck in decent condition. Prices are all over the place but I have no plans on selling them yet anyways. My Dad had an eye/forsight keeping things, like a bunch of 52 Topps baseball cards he gave me. I'm pretty thankful for that. https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-TONKA-EARTH-MOVER-SCRAPER-STEEL-1960s-1970s-RARE-/183175393410 https://www.ebay.ca/itm/TONKA-1960S-DOUBLE-BOTTOM-DUMP-TRAILER-TURBO-TRUCK-RARE-WORKS/142737761014?hash=item213bd562f6:g:OmsAAOSwQcJaRSc8

IMG_1580 (Large).JPG

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, irv said:

I have an old scraper, and a bottom dump 2 piece dump truck in decent condition. Prices are all over the place but I have no plans on selling them yet anyways. My Dad had an eye/forsight keeping things, like a bunch of 52 Topps baseball cards he gave me. I'm pretty thankful for that. https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-TONKA-EARTH-MOVER-SCRAPER-STEEL-1960s-1970s-RARE-/183175393410 https://www.ebay.ca/itm/TONKA-1960S-DOUBLE-BOTTOM-DUMP-TRAILER-TURBO-TRUCK-RARE-WORKS/142737761014?hash=item213bd562f6:g:OmsAAOSwQcJaRSc8

IMG_1580 (Large).JPG

That's gotta be worth a bit 

9 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Was that yours as a kid?  I had one too.  If it was, I’d have a hard time not blasting it and repainting it for a quick little hobby.

• Like 1

That's gotta be worth a bit 

Some of them are, especially the high numbered/short printed ones like May, Mantle, Robinson and my Nuxhall cards. My Mantle, unfortunately, has front paper loss/damage and is maybe only worth a few grand. It's the worst card out of the lot my Father gave but it is highly sought after so I am not complaining. 

MaysMick.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Was that yours as a kid?  I had one too.  If it was, I’d have a hard time not blasting it and repainting it for a quick little hobby.

Yeah. I had it when we still lived In Sudbury.  I was going to refinish it last year,but couldn't find it lol

2 minutes ago, irv said:

Some of them are, especially the high numbered/short printed ones like May, Mantle, Robinson and my Nuxhall cards. My Mantle, unfortunately, has front paper loss/damage and is maybe only worth a few grand. It's the worst card out of the lot my Father gave but it is highly sought after so I am not complaining. 

MaysMick.jpg

That's awesome :bc:

That's awesome :bc:

Thanks. :bc:

I still collect them occasionally and have added to what my Father gave me but it's highly unlikely I'll ever finish the set. I'd like to as a way of thanking my Father and to carry on what he couldn't finish as a child, but unfortunately,  that isn't likely going to happen. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, irv said:

Thanks. :bc:

I still collect them occasionally and have added to what my Father gave me but it's highly unlikely I'll ever finish the set. I'd like to as a way of thanking my Father and to carry on what he couldn't finish as a child, but unfortunately,  that isn't likely going to happen. 

I'm sure hed appreciate you just making the effort . I know guys who cashed in coin and stamp collections their dad's started for them...the fact you're still givin er is pretty special to him im sure :bc: