Sandy Hook parents sue Alex Jones

• Platinum Contributing Member

Like I said it will be interesting how this goes.   Think about how many people could sue over 9/11 alone.  

50 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Like I said it will be interesting how this goes.   Think about how many people could sue over 9/11 alone.  

I would think that a case could be made that accusing the devastated parents of being actors would add to their suffering.

That's a direct attack on them saying they suffered no loss and are making it up.  It's a fucking cruel and stupid thing for Jones to do.

Unless I misunderstand Ventura, he is just claiming that there was government involvement in 9/11.

I think that would be different.  Now if he outright accused a private individual of being part of 9/11 and named him, then that would be closer to the same thing. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

I would think that a case could be made that accusing the devastated parents of being actors would add to their suffering.

That's a direct attack on them saying they suffered no loss and are making it up.  It's a fucking cruel and stupid thing for Jones to do.

Unless I misunderstand Ventura, he is just claiming that there was government involvement in 9/11.

I think that would be different.  Now if he outright accused a private individual of being part of 9/11 and named him, then that would be closer to the same thing. 

Maybe but in both instances the accuser is blaming the govt as the responsible party.   More similarities there than you think.  There are conspiracies that claim they were not commercial flights and nobody died on the planes.  Not sure if that is what Ventura claims.  I'm sure plenty of the victims families don't appreciate those saying the govt killed their loved one anymore than these parents do.

Keep in mind not all states allow for anything beyond calculable damages from harm to one's reputation.   They don't all allow for mental anguish and what not.  

Edited by Highmark

Doesn't matter if what he is saying is cruel, mean, devastating.  It does not reach the level of shouting fire in a crowded theater.

When you start with silly little  *hate speech type exceptions you always inch your way forward to ban. That is how it works. Amazing that people get so caught up in their ideology, bluie  vs red, they  cant see it for what it is.

Edited by Cold War

5 hours ago, Cold War said:

Doesn't matter if what he is saying is cruel, mean, devastating.  It does not reach the level of shouting fire in a crowded theater.

When you start with silly little  *hate speech type exceptions you always inch your way forward to ban. That is how it works. Amazing that people get so caught up in their ideology, bluie  vs red, they  cant see it for what it is.

Let’s see if the courts agree with slander. I’m guessing it’s and easy snatch and grab by a good lawyer. All they need to prove is that jones profited from the lies he told about the families. Slam dunk. 

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Let’s see if the courts agree with slander. I’m guessing it’s and easy snatch and grab by a good lawyer. All they need to prove is that jones profited from the lies he told about the families. Slam dunk. 

I'm guessing you're right. Nothing is more sympathetic than a parent who has lost a young child. It is everyone's worst nightmare. Be careful for what you wish for though, this is dangerous territory.

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

I'm guessing you're right. Nothing is more sympathetic than a parent who has lost a young child. It is everyone's worst nightmare. Be careful for what you wish for though, this is dangerous territory.

It’s not dangerous in the least. Scum bags like jones have been dealt with in the US courts for decades. 

8 hours ago, spin_dry said:

It’s not dangerous in the least. Scum bags like jones have been dealt with in the US courts for decades. 

Can't get you to see beyond Jones?

That's fine, most Americans can't either.

:bc:

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Of course it is. :lol:

All this is doing is giving credit to a conspiracy theorist that uses mean words to hurt feelings.  Jones is basking in this media blitz and the extra $$$ it will bring him.  He's Maddow without the numbers of idiots following him.

6 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Of course it is. :lol:

No it’s not.  If he wasn’t targeting specific grieving families they wouldn’t have a case against him.  It’s a libel/slander/defamation issue.

He’s free to spew any nonsense he likes until he crosses that line.

8 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

No it’s not.  If he wasn’t targeting specific grieving families they wouldn’t have a case against him.  It’s a libel/slander/defamation issue.

Those families put themselves in the public eye and are spouting their own rhetoric.  It's fair game.  Only a liberal court system left over from ObamaDayz will see this any other way.  It's a money shakedown...that's all.

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Those families put themselves in the public eye and are spouting their own rhetoric.  It's fair game.  Only a liberal court system left over from ObamaDayz will see this any other way.  It's a money shakedown...that's all.

Wha?

The shooter that killed their kids put them in the public eye...they didn’t ask for that, and Jones does not have the right to slander, defame and tell lies about them.

Jesus Christ dude

:lol:

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Talk about a fucking warped view, holy shit.

7 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Wha?

The shooter that killed their kids put them in the public eye...they didn’t ask for that, and Jones does not have the right to slander, defame and tell lies about them.

Jesus Christ dude

:lol:

The shooter did that, huh?  Was he filming and producing from behind the grave?  These parents turned into activists..and that's fine and just.  But they don't get to cry "he hurts my feelings" when their feelings are hurt.  "He is disgracing my dead childs legacy.." 

GMAFB.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

How so?  Are they on camera against their wills?

Save me the IMA LIBERTARIAN bleeding heart bit.

hes a millennial. nuff said

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

How so?  Are they on camera against their wills?

Save me the IMA LIBERTARIAN bleeding heart bit.

They're just trying to get these fucking idiots to leave them alone and you think that it's fair to say that they put themselves in the public eye? That's a warped view.

That second sentence literally makes zero sense. Libertarian =/= bleeding heart

1 minute ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

Oh look, it's Atomic Derp. :lol:

I'm about the furthest thing from a bleeding heart. Go ahead and give an example otherwise though.

1 minute ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

Librulz that won't admit it.  I don't blame them though.  Seems many here carry the same "we're all victims" attitude.  SSFB and XLT are the only ones I see that at least stay consistant on somewhat of a viewpoint that is of any interest to me.  Still....bleeding hearts tho.  I'm fine with that to a certain degree...until they try to make me one.

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

They're just trying to get these fucking idiots to leave them alone and you think that it's fair to say that they put themselves in the public eye? That's a warped view.

That second sentence literally makes zero sense. Libertarian =/= bleeding heart

Turn off his program then.  He's a fucking nut-job.  Why do they care so much about what people say about them?  Seems they enjoy the extra grief and frustration.  $20 bucks says they are glued to Maddow every evening.

It makes sense to me.  That's what I see here...a lot.

29 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

admittedly, I'm not following this closely.  Do you have links of him calling specific parents by name?

This is what he does. its his job, he created. Offering government false flag conspiracies. I don't like what he is saying, but I can easily see how this can be used to silence anyone questioning the government.