So.....My Uncle was in an 80's buttrock band

2 minutes ago, s pump said:

Got to admit, that's not terrible.

Hell, I'd grade it higher than that.  Sounds like a lot of stuff out on the radio waves back in that day.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

At least somebody in Bens family has musical talent.......:hdchr:

Tin ear skips a generation.  Or, is that baldness?

:lol:

24 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Hell, I'd grade it higher than that.  Sounds like a lot of stuff out on the radio waves back in that day.

Tin ear skips a generation.  Or, is that baldness?

:lol:

The guy that wrote the music and played a lot of the instruments and sang lead was a really talented guy. I think my uncle more or less just bankrolled the whole thing and they let him play rhythm guitar to keep him involved and happy. My uncle is a pretty good guitar player but not great etc. 

31 minutes ago, s pump said:

Got to admit, that's not terrible.

I think if they would have gotten the album out even 18 months before they would have been signed but the Glam band bullshit came to a screeching halt in 1990 faster than Disco did in 1980. I say thank god :lol: 

I had no idea any of this stuff was out there.......I dont think it ever got played on the radio and I dont know how any of these tracks made it to other countries 

I remember rocking to this when I was like 9 years old and I thought it was cool because I was the only kid in the whole country with the tape :lol: 

Thats not even a picture of the band on this video.....no idea who that is 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I think if they would have gotten the album out even 18 months before they would have been signed but the Glam band bullshit came to a screeching halt in 1990 faster than Disco did in 1980. I say thank god :lol: 

The Seattle grunge shit kicked in around 1990, that was about the end for most hair metal bands. Those guys were all in rehab by then.

7 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

This destroyed hair metal 

I really didn't like the era of "angry metal/rock" that followed the hair metal. Just a bunch of screaming and shitty attitude. Rock is supposed to be about banging chicks and treating them like whores. Not beating people up. 

27 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I had no idea any of this stuff was out there.......I dont think it ever got played on the radio and I dont know how any of these tracks made it to other countries 

I remember rocking to this when I was like 9 years old and I thought it was cool because I was the only kid in the whole country with the tape :lol: 

Thats not even a picture of the band on this video.....no idea who that is 

Sweet fuck!  Is that Kip Winger in the middle rockin' that tank?  :lol: I had jeans just like that..several pair.  :lmao:

28 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

The Seattle grunge shit kicked in around 1990, that was about the end for most hair metal bands. Those guys were all in rehab by then.

I fucking hated that grunge rock shit.  HAYTED!  Still do.