So.....My Uncle was in an 80's buttrock band

He played rhythm guitar and bankrolled the whole deal. They were pretty popular for a bit in Florida but 80's buttrock was fading by the time they released their first album. As far as I know the biggest gig they ever played was opening up for Saigon Kick at the Florida state fair.......they played clubs in Tampa etc etc 

Fast forward to today......I'm talking to my dad and he says Scotty called with a funny story.

He says the other day a big shot music producer from Argentina called him......well apparently there is a glam rock band in Argentina that has been covering songs from my uncles band for years somehow. Keep in mind that my uncles band never had a major label release and only ever recorded 28 songs. He has no idea how they ever even heard his band.

Either way this Argentinian band just got signed to a recording deal and the producer wanted permission to record my uncles originals which he technically owns rights to since he bankrolled the band he was in etc etc.

Apparently my uncle gave him permission and the producer requested recordings of all 28 songs :lol: apparently this 80's argentinian buttrock band is popular and touring all over the world like Germany and shit 

• Haha 2

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Never heard of buttrock. Sounds gay

yah.....you've heard plenty of fucking buttrock......like Def Leopard and Poison and that type of shit

Just now, f7ben said:

yah.....you've heard plenty of fucking buttrock......like Def Leopard and Poison and that type of shit

Sure I know them, we never called it buttrock. It was hair band.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ....fucking internet......found this pic in a google search.. This was their album cover. Uncle has a huge like 5' wide painting of this hanging in his house

Front.jpg

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Holy fuck someone uploaded some songs to the youtubes

Hell that's pretty damn good for that era although by 91 grungy alternative had taken hold.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hell that's pretty damn good for that era although by 91 grungy alternative had taken hold.

I think it was written in maybe 88 and recorded in 89. It wasnt 91 that is wrong. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

I'ma be honest that is better than that perfect circle shit you like.

well you're an 80s faggot so I have no doubt you think that :lol: 

• Gold Member
40 minutes ago, f7ben said:

So is your uncle gonna profit from this or what?

34 minutes ago, f7ben said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ....fucking internet......found this pic in a google search.. This was their album cover. Uncle has a huge like 5' wide painting of this hanging in his house

Front.jpg

32 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Everyone in the 80's wanted to be in a buttrock band. Coke, whores and rock n roll!

I like the Star of David with the crucifix inside of it.