Weed out the bad cops

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Again...why so hard to just show the guy ID...

When he's there to file a complaint! It's not an anonymous complaint! He's going to file a lawsuit or something? He's going to have to be identified before the proceedings! Just silly! Fake news fail!

12 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Then why was it so hard for the guy to answer the cops question? Shouldnt it work both ways?

He did.  he wanted to know how it was done.           "is there a form or something?"             the cop was deflecting and not doing his job.    .

Just now, Angry ginger said:

The laws require ID for that not to ask the cop a question or for a form.  SBYL ya bootlicker.  

Well i suggest you go and see if you can get a form today for shits and giggles and have a camera crew there while your at it. :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, old indy said:

He did.  he wanted to know how it was done.           "is there a form or something?"             the cop was deflecting and not doing his job.    .

He wanted to hear the complaint. Maybe that was his job?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Angry ginger said:

nope it says I'm going to protect my own cause i'm a jackbooted thug

Maybe so...but....he couldve answwred the cops question and see if he could have proceeded further.

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

bunch of bootlickers on here i see

Big time!    he wasent there to file anything  people,   he was there to expose cops not doing what they should.  and he did just that.       wow

• Like 2

Just now, SmeeAgain said:

Cops were doing their best to intimidate this guy and to not be helpful.

Agreed...and thats what the guy wanted...you get what you ask for.

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Again...why so hard to just show the guy ID...

Simple.   You don't have to if you haven't done anything wrong.  

Would I, yes but by law you do not have to identify yourself unless you have done something wrong.

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Agreed...and thats what the guy wanted...you get what you ask for.

No question most any cop is going to get pissy if you don't answer their questions let alone insinuate one of their brothers did something wrong.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Would I, yes but by law you do not have to identify yourself unless you have done something wrong.

Some people have more time for bs...im always respectful to cops...ive been let off alot of tickets....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SmeeAgain said:

No question most any cop is going to get pissy if you don't answer their questions let alone insinuate one of their brothers did something wrong.

Agreed

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Well i suggest you go and see if you can get a form today for shits and giggles and have a camera crew there while your at it. :lol:

I'll ask the chief to drop one at the house for me when he drops his kid off in the morning.  

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Legally, yes. but

9 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

When he's there to file a complaint! It's not an anonymous complaint! He's going to file a lawsuit or something? He's going to have to be identified before the proceedings! Just silly! Fake news fail!

So, now he's just being a prick. IMO 

7 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Some people have more time for bs...im always respectful to cops...ive been let off alot of tickets....

I am as well but there are limitations on what the police can and cannot do.  

• Like 2

Just now, DAVE said:

I am too.  I know their job is to maintain control from the very start of contact.  Demanding compliance and receiving that makes their job easier and certainly takes away a level of stress on both sides. I think the problem is, we are now in a society that is less williing to be compliant/respectful from the outset of a conflict.  Cops are not really trained well for this.  It goes from "hand me your ID" to a wrestling match real soon.  ..or Pew, pew, pew, pew...pew, pew!  :lol:

But seriously, in these videos, it's clear the cops were a bit overzealous.  Now, imagine if the "actor" got even a bit argumentative or aggressive.  Ooops. 

Honestly though, our society has a problem with respect for anything anymore.  Not all cops are bad...or dicks.  But if you treat anybody with disrespect and be a smart ass, well...you get what you get.  Too many little dick-twerps in this world that think they can just spit at everyone with no consequences.  Funny thing is, cops get treated worse because people feel they can get away with it.  I don't see a whole lot of "smart assing" out there when actions have immediate consequences.  FACE CAVING!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I am too.  I know their job is to maintain control from the very start of contact.  Demanding compliance and receiving that makes their job easier and certainly takes away a level of stress on both sides. I think the problem is, we are now in a society that is less williing to be compliant/respectful from the outset of a conflict.  Cops are not really trained well for this.  It goes from "hand me your ID" to a wrestling match real soon.  ..or Pew, pew, pew, pew...pew, pew!  :lol:

But seriously, in these videos, it's clear the cops were a bit overzealous.  Now, imagine if the "actor" got even a bit argumentative or aggressive.  Ooops. 

Honestly though, our society has a problem with respect for anything anymore.  Not all cops are bad...or dicks.  But if you treat anybody with disrespect and be a smart ass, well...you get what you get.  Too many little dick-twerps in this world that think they can just spit at everyone with no consequences.  Funny thing is, cops get treated worse because people feel they can get away with it.  I don't see a whole lot of "smart assing" out there when actions have immediate consequences.  FACE CAVING!!!!!!!!!!

Yup. The police treat criminals bad, if you're not a criminal and show respect, they generally are nice fellas. Look at it from their side, %90 of the people they come in contact with are rotten individuals, it's sad that they approach every encounter with that mentality, but I can't blame them.

One of my buddies is a CO at the local prison, another a MP at the base, another an officer in the next town. All great guys, they all say the same: treat us as you would anyone else, we'll show you the same. Last time I was arrested (years and years ago) i was smoking cigarettes behind the station with the arresting officer, shooting the shit, waiting for the bondsmen. They're not all bad, as with anything it only takes a few to ruin it for the rest... :saluting:

• Gold Member

The Reporter didn't give specifics because that would be a crime, instead all he did was ask what the procedure is for filing a complaint. That is not disruptive in anyway. The fact that he was intimidated by each of those cops speaks volumes.

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

I've got no issue with complying when i have done something wrong.  outside some questionable stops for 5-10 over fishing for a DUI i've pretty much deserved every stop I ever had.  I've fought a couple,  here in NH the cops required to show so your hopes they will no show or the prosecutor will plead it down.  

My wife got one for 87 mph  on I-89 . No way she was going that fast . She was in an older f250 4x4 that she had never even driven before . Tried fighting it , nope had to pay.

1 hour ago, old indy said:

Big time!    he wasent there to file anything  people,   he was there to expose cops not doing what they should.  and he did just that.       wow

And the cop knew it right out of the gate and refused to play along. I would have too. Fuck you , go waste some one else's time.

16 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

And the cop knew it right out of the gate and refused to play along. I would have too. Fuck you , go waste some one else's time.

You dont think he should have just done his job and informed the guy of the correct way to file a complaint?  being a standoffish cunt really didnt do that office any good did it now.