Rain/freezing rain starting here now.

irv

1 hour ago, Glenn in Caledon said:

Plowed about an inch of ice pellets/frozen rain from yesterday. Everybody is going to burn through the salt today.

Tossed two bags off salt on the driveway, did fuck all.  Heading to Houston now.  Lol.

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Tossed two bags off salt on the driveway, did fuck all.  Heading to Houston now.  Lol.

An average storm. We use 40 ton of salt on all the lots. If it gets bad I bet we blow through the 200 ton we have left. Glad we have some left as a lot of guys are pretty much out 

17 hours ago, Poncho said:

Cool shack.  Enjoy. Nothing better then a late season ride.   

Comes with interior & exterior lights, insulation, knotty pine throughout & nice fire place......of ya, the owner will even offer a few beers!

7 hours ago, Glenn in Caledon said:

Plowed about an inch of ice pellets/frozen rain from yesterday. Everybody is going to burn through the salt today.

i ended up with 4 extra bags after winter, that I tucked up and away last week....only to have to go back and open em up......

5 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Is that Puzzlers doo ?  

Ya, they are almost as good of riding buddies as Poncho & Puzzler are....:lol:

7 minutes ago, odot1 said:

Genny fueled, extra gas, stocked up on water.  Bath tub full of extra water...  fire roaring, Rupert snoring....  Oh and about 3-4" of icy snow everywhere.

Where you around Kingston---Ice storm  what a mess hope you are safe. Iv'e got 4500litres of fuel.think I'm ok.Just got to remember to put gas in the genny so I can pump it.Doh.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, odot1 said:

Genny fueled, extra gas, stocked up on water.  Bath tub full of extra water...  fire roaring, Rupert snoring....  Oh and about 3-4" of icy snow everywhere.

Sounds like all you ,re missing  is a cuddly women. LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Comes with interior & exterior lights, insulation, knotty pine throughout & nice fire place......of ya, the owner will even offer a few beers!

Ya, they are almost as good of riding buddies as Poncho & Puzzler are....:lol:

You are welcome anytime bud, as is Puzzle in fact. I'm not all that hard to get along with. 

FTR - that is the freebie Safari that I picked up this fall. I've been doing a bit of a rideable-resto to it since Stevie the Kijiji ninja found me a hood. My wife has claimed the sled as hers since. It's actually quite fun to ride. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pete Z said:

Rode out back to the Shelter today just because we could.  April 14th. Could've road rashed to anywhere in Muskoka. Nuts.

20180414_174020.jpg

Pete, we've told you before.  Impaired driving on sleds, is the same as in your car.  The rules still apply.  The penalties are the same. 

6 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

call in Dale, and go back to bed!

Sounds like a plan, Bigfish. :bc:

How are things out your way? Lose power or anything like that?

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Glenn in Caledon said:

20180416_024648.jpg

Wish I had that last night. She was a tough push with a pick up.

About 4 inches of ice pellets then freezing rain then rain here. None of the side streets have been plowed yet. Its a mess.

Just cleared the front porch and steps. The porch was a block of ice 3 in. thick with another 1 in. of slush on top of it. The steps had filled in to a 45 ski slope. The rain and snow made it one large block of ice. Fortunately there was a tiny amount of water between the ice and the stone of the steps. Just enough to get a spade under and pry it up in chunks. I can only hope for the best for the eavestrough. They are full of slush.