Rain/freezing rain starting here now.

irv

I got some gas for the genny and have a few flashlights ready with some new batteries. About all I can do if things get ugly here. How is everyone else making out? Hopefully it somehow skirts by us. Good luck everyone. :bc:

Pretty still/calm out right now but its a mix of rain/freezing rain. Suppose to get ugly shortly they say? High winds and nothing but freezing rain but we'll see? 

31 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Hey GT do you know where the new 400hwy is going to by-pass the Baril? It won't be long before they are in your area 

Just east,The interchange will be where the old Larrys Tavern usetobe.The old hwy will be used for a service rd. So you well have to pull off the hwy to go to the Store.  Did you know that Moose Lake Trading post is no longer. Windfarm people bought it as they needed the land for a transmission corridor.

2 minutes ago, gtserider said:

Just east,The interchange will be where the old Larrys Tavern usetobe.The old hwy will be used for a service rd. So you well have to pull off the hwy to go to the Store.  Did you know that Moose Lake Trading post is no longer. Windfarm people bought it as they needed the land for a transmission corridor.

That sucks about Moose Lake. Stopped in there a few times. For the most part the prices were reasonable and they did have some quality items. I bought a real decent leather hat there that is my go-to lid for bush work. 

4 minutes ago, Pete Z said:

That sucks about Moose Lake. Stopped in there a few times. For the most part the prices were reasonable and they did have some quality items. I bought a real decent leather hat there that is my go-to lid for bush work. 

They where our closest neighbors ,good people sad to see them go.,

I was working on the airplane today and started around 8 this morning, it was raining. I finished at 4:30 and poked my head out only to see the truck was covered in 3” of ice and snow. Beauty drive home.  I booked my pool opening Thursday for May 15.....hopefully this shit stops before then

Edited by Poncho

15 minutes ago, Poncho said:

I was working on the airplane today and started around 8 this morning, it was raining. I finished at 4:30 and poked my head out only to see the truck was covered in 3” of ice and snow. Beauty drive home.  I booked my pool opening Thursday for May 15.....hopefully this shit stops before then

This shit is getting old now.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Pete Z said:

Rode out back to the Shelter today just because we could.  April 14th. Could've road rashed to anywhere in Muskoka. Nuts.

20180414_174020.jpg

Cool shack.  Enjoy. Nothing better then a late season ride.   

Freezing rain/ice pellets here now. Going to get nasty once that wind picks up! We have a cm or 2 of snow/ice pellets on the ground. Some spring!! 

47 minutes ago, irv said:

Freezing rain/ice pellets here now. Going to get nasty once that wind picks up! We have a cm or 2 of snow/ice pellets on the ground. Some spring!! 

35 minutes ago, Glenn in Caledon said:

Plowed about an inch of ice pellets/frozen rain from yesterday. Everybody is going to burn through the salt today.

Capture1.JPG.9f9b3fdae8a8d860c7f2b7622c07b13c.JPG